THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 12:37:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAK's surgery  (Read 66621 times)
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 15-Apr-15, 01:35:03 PM »

Good news.Home to recuperate,rest and relax. You are just a phone call away from your Doctors and remember,someone is always on call should you have a concern.  Take care now Mak. Prayers continue.  2thumbsup

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
valhalla
« Reply #61 on: 15-Apr-15, 01:50:00 PM »

Wonderful news!  Keep praying folks!  Love you MAK!
 heart heart heart
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 16-Apr-15, 09:14:13 AM »

wave Hi everyone! Just a quick note of thanks for all the support and love shown to me during this most difficult time for me. I have a long road to recovery but I will get there through faith and the help and strength of my many, many friends here and around the world! I can't sit up straight so using my laptop is next to impossible but I wanted to at least let y'all know how much I appreciate you! Thanks for all the cards and flowers as well!  heart
« Last Edit: 16-Apr-15, 09:20:32 AM by MAK » Logged

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 16-Apr-15, 10:12:41 AM »

MAK, it's so good to see you online again!  I'll bet you're getting a little bit stronger every day.  Step by step, you know.  The birds are doing fine and soon you will be too. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
PatriciaRose
Juvie

Like Count: 23

Nor'Easter

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 16-Apr-15, 08:38:12 PM »

In a couple of weeks, things will be SO much better! Hang in there, MAK! Frank goes for round 2 next Thurs! I'll be glad when this is all over! lol Can't wait to get out for a watch with you! Sending lots of healing energy your way! sunshine sunshine sunshine

“There is a destiny That makes us brothers: None goes his way alone: All that we send into the lives of others Comes back into our own.â€
~~Edwin Markham
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 17-Apr-15, 10:08:32 AM »

So glad to hear the good news.  My good wishes and prayers continue!

Nora in Florida
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 17-Apr-15, 09:48:05 PM »

Glad things went well for the most part and you're home!!  Just take it a day at a time and take care.  wave
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 18-Apr-15, 08:56:54 AM »

I so hope you had a good night.  I'm thinking of you!

Nora in Florida
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 23-Apr-15, 02:23:49 PM »

Update from MAK:

Hello my good friends and supporters!  heart
So I went to my surgeon this morning to get checked out and get my stitches and staples removed. Here's the story I was told of my surgery-he started out laparoscopically spending 1.5-2 hours removing scar tissue from a previous surgery. He ran into a hernia and an absess the size of an orange attached to my colon caused by severe diverticulitus. That's when he had to cut a 10 inch incision to remove those making the operation last 5.5 hours instead of the 2.5 hours he projected. He said if I had gone much longer with this I might not be here to tell the story. He also had to cut out a foot of my colon which was just be being strangled. I have shed the 30 lbs. of water weight I gained being on intravenous in the 6 day hospital stay. Although I still have swollen feet that seems to be resolving itself which in turn has lowered my blood pressure to much lower levels, but still a bit high. I go back to see him on May 28th. All in all, he thinks I'm doing well considering all that he had to do-my incision and drain site look good and hopefully only onward and upward from here.   happy

Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 23-Apr-15, 02:29:53 PM »

yahoo  Good News !!   Do what they say and things will get better.  Once you can move around the swelling should start going down !!   Hang in there !  Waiting for our morning watch reports !!!

Lynne in New Hampshire
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 23-Apr-15, 02:37:28 PM »

Wow, MAK, it sounds like you really went through the mill.  Perhaps you should celebrate the anniversary of your surgery as an additional or other birthday.  The day you got a second chance at life.  I have one of those birthdays.  There's a reason why you're still here, and I, for one, am very glad, whatever it is! 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23-Apr-15, 03:04:31 PM »

Great news!  Walking as much as you can plus elevating your legs while sitting will help reduce the swelling in your feet.  Sounds like things are on the right track!

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 23-Apr-15, 03:43:36 PM »

thumbsup'm so happy to hear the checkup went well and you are feeling better. Nothing like a surprise surgery when you went expecting something simpler, right?? It's a darn good thing you went in when you did. Take good care of yourself and remember when you get frustrated that you might not have even been here.  We're sure glad you are! Go MAK!

Dot in PA
Wing Goose
Tiercel

Like Count: 37

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23-Apr-15, 03:54:33 PM »

Oh my goodness MAK..   You really went through the mill.  Glad you are recovering.
Slow but safe.  You are in my prayers.   Many warm hugs.
Lola

Lola
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 23-Apr-15, 06:06:48 PM »

All the best to you MAK, you've been through alot and I wish nothing but better times and good health for you.  handshake
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: