THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:39:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beleef de Lente online  (Read 35781 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 24-Apr-10, 06:43:01 AM »

2nd egg for the owl and 2 hatch for the Storks

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24-Apr-10, 09:33:49 AM »

The Stone Owl laid its second egg but if you look at the 2nd camera, there's an egg on the floor outside the box.  I just saw a Pigeon in this area and that egg probably belongs to her.  Shocked

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24-Apr-10, 09:36:32 AM »

The Stone Owl laid its second egg but if you look at the 2nd camera, there's an egg on the floor outside the box.  I just saw a Pigeon in this area and that egg probably belongs to her.  Shocked

Nooooooo! Get OUT!! That is one verrrrrry brave (read: Stupid??) pigeon!

Slainte!
Bobbie
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 25-Apr-10, 07:46:52 PM »

Stone Owl-3 eggs   clap 
Pigeon-1 egg    scared blue

The Owl was sitting on her eggs in the nestbox this AM calling out maybe for her mate while the Pigeon was standing by her egg looking into the nestbox at the Owl. Strange.  confused

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 27-Apr-10, 07:24:06 PM »

The Stone Owl laid her 4th egg today!  clap  Hard to tell how many Pigeon eggs there are in the hallway-she's in front of the camera right now.  The 2 of them got into a little scuffle today-it's on the video. Another odd arrangement.  confused

ezsha
Tiercel

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 28-Apr-10, 12:50:44 AM »

Stone owl isn't the only weird cohabitation on Beleef de Lente.

http://www.beleefdelente.nl/torenvalk

Who lives here - torenvalk or duif? I saw a dove come out of the nest, stand on the perch, and then go back in and sit on the eggs? hmmmm...

« Last Edit: 28-Apr-10, 01:08:28 AM by ezsha » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28-Apr-10, 12:04:17 PM »

It doesn't sound good for the Stone Owl today-
sounds like the Pigeon is winning. 

Google translation:

11:34, Wednesday, April 28, 2010
While we do not know exactly what is in the blind spot, camera in the porch playing, everything indicates that the Pigeon Hole there are now also breeding. The pigeons are now day and night and defended fiercely by wing beat. They prevent the owls entering the vestibule. This means that women no longer from the Little Owl breeding male Little Owl and space can no longer in the hive can be, despite multiple attempts last night and last night. Whether this situation will remain difficult to predict. We understand the anxious reactions he evokes in viewers, and the demand for action. Yet we will not intervene. From the appointment at Experience the Spring that we not intervene in natural processes in front of the webcams play, any intervention in the sense of disturbance of the birds nest (verwijderen eggs or birds prevent their nests enter) a breach by statutory protection rules in the Flora and Fauna. Although the Little Owl is a vulnerable species on the Red List is called, is the legal protection of Owl Rock Pigeon Hole and right. Competition between brothers nest hole is a natural phenomenon that we see a lot of Ć¢ € ~ natuurlijkeĆ¢ € ™ nesting sites, such as cavities in trees or in barns. That is the law of the jungle. Not always fun to see, but it's part of nature.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:34:59 PM »

Mom Stone Owl is sitting on her eggs right now and so is the Pigeon. This is NUTS!  stupid

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:53:55 PM »

Mom Stone Owl is sitting on her eggs right now and so is the Pigeon. This is NUTS!  stupid

and she has 5 eggs...oh boy.  Shocked

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 28-Apr-10, 01:58:10 PM »

I don't know how they're going to make it if the pigeon won't let the male in.  She's going to have to eat and the pigeon probably won't let her back in.  Very sad situation.   Cry

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 28-Apr-10, 06:55:57 PM »

I don't know how they're going to make it if the pigeon won't let the male in.  She's going to have to eat and the pigeon probably won't let her back in.  Very sad situation.   Cry
I vote for her to just eat the pigeon.  Wink
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 28-Apr-10, 07:26:29 PM »

I vote for her to just eat the pigeon.  Wink

ditto 

I did see her get out today and I see she's back.  The pigeon went ballistic but the Owl flew out through the hole real fast.  I do feel bad for them with both brooding eggs.  Very stressful for all parties and it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 29-Apr-10, 06:59:33 PM »

Maybe the Owls won....they were just in Pigeon nest...picking at it.

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 29-Apr-10, 07:34:02 PM »

I think so too.I saw the owl leave and the pigeon left too.,the pigeon is not a night-bird and I don't think she will be back this night ,but maybe tomorrow.I don't know if the owl damaged the eggs but she was picking aggressive more than once.It's sad for the pigeons,but they will find an new place to breed.Greetings Carla
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 29-Apr-10, 07:44:14 PM »

I think so too.I saw the owl leave and the pigeon left too.,the pigeon is not a night-bird and I don't think she will be back this night ,but maybe tomorrow.I don't know if the owl damaged the eggs but she was picking aggressive more than once.It's sad for the pigeons,but they will find an new place to breed.Greetings Carla

I agree....not in an Owls nest. I feel bad for the pigeon eggs..hope they weren't developed yet.  Sad

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: