THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 09:50:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zipline at High Falls  (Read 10985 times)
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« on: 05-Aug-15, 09:39:07 PM »

Don't know if anyone else saw this story tonight on the news about the possibility of a zipline in the gorge starting next summer. http://www.13wham.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/zipline-could-coming-high-falls-25230.shtml

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 05-Aug-15, 10:27:28 PM »

What a great way to spoil the view of the falls. Not to mention having birds accidentally flying into the wires.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-Aug-15, 04:57:31 AM »

Build it and they will come... sadly...
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-Aug-15, 05:47:50 AM »

thumbsdown

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07-Aug-15, 07:41:16 AM »

This is such a bad idea in so many ways.   nono

Peregrines know no borders.....
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07-Aug-15, 09:17:22 AM »

I have sent an email to Greentopia voicing my concerns, not sure what else to do but here is their email Info@Greentopia.Org  Apparently they already own  the hydro power station #4 and allot of the land both at the top & bottom of the gorge. I am sick thinking about it  all being developed. Why is it that no one can appreciate nature anymore, money I know. So sad  Sad

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07-Aug-15, 10:07:46 AM »

Cry For whatever good it may do, I also sent Greentopia (an ironic name given the proposal) an email asking them to carefully consider the effects of a zipline tourist attraction and reminding them of the possible loss of one of Rochester's most beautiful natural areas as well as the possible loss of the falcons that have been there so many years.

Dot in PA
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07-Aug-15, 10:53:03 AM »

Does anyone think it would help if all the watchers sent their pictures of all the wild life in the gorge ?  Because the falcons are there can it be off limits ?  Teach people the beauty of nature and not always having something   to do.  I will also send an email.  Look out we're on a mission !!!!!   

Lynne in New Hampshire
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-Aug-15, 11:04:56 AM »

I just went to their Facebook page-  they have a lot more planned than just zip line !!!!   Light shows-trails-gardens  I'd say people in Rochester should look into this - the whole atmosphere of the Gorge will be commercial and I do not things the wildlife will stick around.  So sad !!! stupid

Lynne in New Hampshire
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-Aug-15, 11:18:01 AM »

I will send an email too!  I posted a comment under the WHAM story a couple days ago which disappeared the next day..hmmm.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-Aug-15, 11:37:39 AM »

Does anyone think it would help if all the watchers sent their pictures of all the wild life in the gorge ?  Because the falcons are there can it be off limits ?  Teach people the beauty of nature and not always having something   to do.  I will also send an email.  Look out we're on a mission !!!!!   

Good idea! We will all do whatever we can to make this GO AWAY! Would the mere presence of the falcons mean developers cannot intrude in the area? Sheesh, can't they just leave Nature ALONE!? It is perfect as it is!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-Aug-15, 10:27:28 PM »

I just sent them an email and mentioned there is nothing green about them except $$$$.  I also posted on their facebook and on 13wham (local tv) cause there commenters were gung ho.  I tweeted a comment with a picture and think it should be retweeted.  I am trying to think of people who are pro wildlife that could be contacted too.

I think sending them wildlife pictures is good but also going beyond them.  DEC should be notified and any supporters of greentopia. I told them in my email that I will not patronize any merchant that supports them. 

Lonsberry, a local radio host, questioned who owns that property and also felt greentopia does nothing it promises.  Also he said that it is a place people like to walk to and have a peaceful time or lunch and that they will not want to see ziplines.

Pictures of wildlife sent to media?  Rachel Barnhart and Matt Malloy?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07-Aug-15, 11:01:43 PM »

The co-founder of greentopia responded to this about a kid who took a fall in the gorge.  I responded too stupid

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/columnists/memmott/2015/07/28/remarkable-rochester-perfect-fall-genesee/30783315/

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08-Aug-15, 02:27:58 PM »

The co-founder of greentopia responded to this about a kid who took a fall in the gorge.  I responded too stupid

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/columnists/memmott/2015/07/28/remarkable-rochester-perfect-fall-genesee/30783315/

Nuts is right! 

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 08-Aug-15, 02:30:20 PM »

Petition to sign!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/705/734/546/stop-the-zip-line-save-high-falls-the-gorge-in-rochester-ny/

I did share this on BCAW and they posted it on their FB page.

« Last Edit: 08-Aug-15, 07:48:34 PM by Kris G. » Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: