THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 04:16:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should the Dailies be made bigger?
Yes - 10 (58.8%)
No - 2 (11.8%)
Don't care - 5 (29.4%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dailies, Part 2  (Read 2826 times)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« on: 04-Mar-10, 09:22:15 AM »

The picture size (resolution) of the Dailies is smaller than that of the still pictures from the nest box cameras. The dailies are kept small in order to limit the file size to 1.2 megabytes. This decision was made 5 years ago when many people were still using a dial-up connection to the Internet, and it took a long time to download and view the movies. I am wondering if the size limit can be increased.

As I stated above, the movie file size is 1.2 MB. This is actually smaller than the file size of some of the full-size pictures from the new Main Camera!

Increasing the size of the movies will allow more detail to be seen, but it will also increase the time it takes to download the movies to your web browser. If it takes too long for you to download them now, you might not want to see them made any bigger. Please let me know what you think by answering the poll.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 29-Mar-10, 10:25:37 AM »

People are in favor of increasing the size of the Dailies. The new Dailies are much bigger. I think I might shrink them a bit to be the same size as standard YouTube videos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: