THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 01:04:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon watching in Philadelphia  (Read 2699 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« on: 12-Nov-15, 06:56:54 PM »

http://youtu.be/XAc5IjQi3aM

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 12-Nov-15, 07:17:06 PM »

Ok, so the male is banded 40/AC black over green. We should be able to find out where he is from and if he was named.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-Nov-15, 08:53:23 PM »

Ok, so the male is banded 40/AC black over green. We should be able to find out where he is from and if he was named.

I remember him as someone on BCAW had also asked about him several months back and I saved the info on him.  There is a story behind him: 

This adult male Peregrine Falcon "40/AC" was at least 2 years old (Adult Plumage) but he
       could have been older when he was banded by Art on April 17, 2009.  Art had rescued the
       bird when he became trapped inside a Center City building. He was already mated with the
       City Hall female. That’s the scary part. They already had 4 eggs in the nest. If he had
       remained trapped and away from his mate much longer, the nest would have failed,
       because the female would have abandoned the eggs in order to hunt for herself and
       survive.  What we do know is that (1) this male previously nested at City Hall, and (2)
       now he’s nesting at 2400 Chestnut. This has resulted in this year's production of the four
       chicks banded today. WOW, quite a history and story which would never have been known
       if it were not for the telltale band number  "40/AC" Black over Green!

http://www.howardsview.com/PeregrineFalconBandingJuly16_15/PeregrineBandingJuly16_15.html
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-Nov-15, 09:09:45 PM »

I remember him as someone on BCAW had also asked about him several months back and I saved the info on him.  There is a story behind him: 

This adult male Peregrine Falcon "40/AC" was at least 2 years old (Adult Plumage) but he
       could have been older when he was banded by Art on April 17, 2009.  Art had rescued the
       bird when he became trapped inside a Center City building. He was already mated with the
       City Hall female. That’s the scary part. They already had 4 eggs in the nest. If he had
       remained trapped and away from his mate much longer, the nest would have failed,
       because the female would have abandoned the eggs in order to hunt for herself and
       survive.  What we do know is that (1) this male previously nested at City Hall, and (2)
       now he’s nesting at 2400 Chestnut. This has resulted in this year's production of the four
       chicks banded today. WOW, quite a history and story which would never have been known
       if it were not for the telltale band number  "40/AC" Black over Green!

http://www.howardsview.com/PeregrineFalconBandingJuly16_15/PeregrineBandingJuly16_15.html

Thanks for the history, Carly!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-Nov-15, 08:01:07 AM »

Loved the video and all the pics on the link!! Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: