THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 03:51:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROC The Day December 1, 2015  (Read 27732 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 22-Nov-15, 03:19:26 PM »

ROC the Day is December 1!

Are you as ready to ROC as we are? Join us on Tuesday, December 1 starting at midnight to ROC the Day for Rfalconcam.
Don't miss it. Sign up for a reminder at http://www.roctheday.org/ and get the latest news on ROC the Day activities at our Forum.
Let's ROC the...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=2603

This is an automated post.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 22-Nov-15, 03:22:46 PM »

Coming soon...

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 24-Nov-15, 03:35:42 PM »

From the ROC The Day crew:

Greetings,

This year we are going BIG for ROC the Day year FIVE! Be a part of the ROC the Day 24-hour dash to donate to those who need it most. Pick 1, 2 or 33 causes. Give $5, $55 or $505 (see what we did there with the fives?) Anything is accepted and every cent is needed!

The date.

December 1. Put it on your calendar in big block letters. #ROCtheDay #GivingTuesday.

It goes from midnight to midnight. Go to www.ROCtheDay.org on the big day to donate.

The causes.

There are so many agencies signed up to partake in this year's ROC the Day (544 to be exact). You can find all of the participating nonprofits here.

The bonuses.

There are so many chances to be a lucky ROCstar winner! Find out how you can get your hands on some extra $$$ to send to you favorite local nonprofit.
Odd-hour bonus...Every odd hour during ROC the Day, one donor will be randomly selected to designate a gift of $500 to a participating nonprofit, excluding the 5pm hour.
5peat...Any donor who has made a donation in 2011, 2012, 2013 AND 2014 who donates again on this year's ROC the Day will be entered into a random drawing of five winners to have their 2015 gifts matched to the agencies they already selected, up to $500 per donor.
See you on December 1. Go to www.ROCtheDay.org to scope it out beforehand. If you have any questions email the ROC the Day crew at info@roctheday.org.

Best,
The ROC the Day crew
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 24-Nov-15, 07:57:39 PM »

Lisa McK has verified that the ROC The Day bonus rewards will the same as last year. Every odd hour they will draw a ROCstar and give $500 to the charity of their choice.  Every even hour the Rochester Community Foundation will give $1000 to the organization that had the most donors in the previous 2-hour time period.

And we know which odd hour and 2-hour period we are going to target, right? Wink
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-Nov-15, 08:12:17 PM »

Your going to make me stay up until 1 AM  !!!! 2thumbsup

Lynne in New Hampshire
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-Nov-15, 08:51:08 PM »

Your going to make me stay up until 1 AM  !!!! 2thumbsup

I'll take a nap when i get home from work & set my alarm  snore

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Christiane
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-Nov-15, 01:57:15 PM »

....So, the plan is to donate between Midnight and 2am to maximize our count of donors?   tired
Christiane
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 25-Nov-15, 02:45:54 PM »

....So, the plan is to donate between Midnight and 2am to maximize our count of donors?   tired
Christiane

I think actually between 1AM & 2AM...the donations will count for the 2AM "prior 2 hour" drawing as well as we'll each be eligible for the odd-hour ROCstar drawing.

I think that's the correct understanding. I'm sure Shaky will let us know if that's off base.

And, in prior years with the odd or even hour ROCstar drawing, those who are able to spread their donating over the course of the day were encouraged to do so during the odd hours.

I'll have to check which email I've used before so I'll be eligible for the 5 year bonus drawing

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lynne in New Hampshire
Tiercel

Like Count: 35

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 25-Nov-15, 03:52:33 PM »

....So, the plan is to donate between Midnight and 2am to maximize our count of donors?   tired
Christiane

I think actually between 1AM & 2AM...the donations will count for the 2AM "prior 2 hour" drawing as well as we'll each be eligible for the odd-hour ROCstar drawing.

I think that's the correct understanding. I'm sure Shaky will let us know if that's off base.

And, in prior years with the odd or even hour ROCstar drawing, those who are able to spread their donating over the course of the day were encouraged to do so during the odd hours.

I'll have to check which email I've used before so I'll be eligible for the 5 year bonus drawing

I received an email telling me I had given the last 4 years.  If you used the same one you should get one.
« Last Edit: 25-Nov-15, 04:49:50 PM by Shaky » Logged

Lynne in New Hampshire
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 25-Nov-15, 04:43:44 PM »

Donate between midnight and 1 AM just like last year. The first $500 bonus drawing will be at 1 AM for the hour preceding it.

The first $1000 bonus will be at 2 AM. There's no need to stay up until 2 if you've already donated before 1 AM.

So stay up until midnight, donate, and go to bed!
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 25-Nov-15, 06:44:00 PM »

I received an email telling me I had given the last 4 years.  If you used the same one you should get one.

Well look at that...buried amongst the spam...thanks for the tip or I might have missed it!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 25-Nov-15, 06:44:28 PM »

Donate between midnight and 1 AM just like last year. The first $500 bonus drawing will be at 1 AM for the hour preceding it.

The first $1000 bonus will be at 2 AM. There's no need to stay up until 2 if you've already donated before 1 AM.

So stay up until midnight, donate, and go to bed!

OK...got it...thanks!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 25-Nov-15, 10:44:23 PM »

Well look at that...buried amongst the spam...thanks for the tip or I might have missed it!

I got it too!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 27-Nov-15, 07:33:44 AM »

Only 4 more days!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier