THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 01:18:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Satin Bowerbird webcam, Karawarra, Australia  (Read 8115 times)
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« on: 18-Nov-16, 12:25:59 PM »

The Satin Bowerbird webcam is back online. This cam was active two years ago, but was not online last year.

The birds are beautiful. I found the male in his bower:

http://picload.org/image/rdwlowgp/bowerbird-nov-17-3a.jpg

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/karawarra-bowerbird#
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18-Nov-16, 06:03:08 PM »

Shocked What a cool bird!! Nice cam too!! Thanks!!

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-Nov-16, 12:32:52 AM »

A visitor to the bower. This bird looks fairly small to be a female; females and juvies have the same coloring, soft shades of olive green.

The males do not have their full adult plumage until they are at least seven years old. They collect items to decorate their bower, the favorite color being blue. They like objects such as straws, bottle caps, clothespins, feathers and berries. The site owner, Ken, provides the male with a number of blue objects with which to adorn his bower.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-Nov-16, 07:52:24 AM »

Was wondering why all the knik/knaks were blue!! How sweet!!  scared blue

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 19-Nov-16, 09:40:28 AM »

A visitor to the bower. This bird looks fairly small to be a female; females and juvies have the same coloring, soft shades of olive green.

The males do not have their full adult plumage until they are at least seven years old. They collect items to decorate their bower, the favorite color being blue. They like objects such as straws, bottle caps, clothespins, feathers and berries. The site owner, Ken, provides the male with a number of blue objects with which to adorn his bower.

Kaver was fond of blue too.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-Nov-16, 07:42:17 PM »

Why yes he was. lol

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-Nov-16, 06:53:47 AM »

.......but we won't go there!  Shocked

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-Nov-16, 02:15:49 PM »

Saw this on FB today..  laugh

http://youtu.be/U89tw093s_Y
« Last Edit: 20-Nov-16, 02:28:27 PM by Kris G. » Logged

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-Nov-16, 08:54:41 PM »

Nice video, Kris!

Here is another video of Bowerbird courtship:

http://youtu.be/v_BurGW2rPU

If everything goes well, the female will build a nest high in a tree, anywhere from 40 ft to 100 ft in the air, where she will lay her eggs. She will incubate the eggs, and raise the chicks, entirely on her own. Meanwhile, the male remains at his bower and attempts to attract the next female . . .
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-Nov-16, 09:54:54 PM »

If everything goes well, the female will build a nest high in a tree, anywhere from 40 ft to 100 ft in the air, where she will lay her eggs. She will incubate the eggs, and raise the chicks, entirely on her own. Meanwhile, the male remains at his bower and attempts to attract the next female . . .

Shocked

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-Nov-16, 07:22:34 AM »

Shocked

What the!!  surprise

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 21-Nov-16, 08:25:19 AM »

Shocked

What the!!  surprise

Typical pretty boy -- so shallow with his showy trinkets. Ladies, stick with the guy who brings you breakfast, lunch, and dinner and isn't afraid to get his big yellow feet dirty digging in the gravel.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-Nov-16, 02:55:26 PM »

Shocked

What the!!  surprise

Typical pretty boy -- so shallow with his showy trinkets. Ladies, stick with the guy who brings you breakfast, lunch, and dinner and isn't afraid to get his big yellow feet dirty digging in the gravel.

Too true!

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-Nov-16, 05:55:57 PM »

Shocked

What the!!  surprise

thumbsup

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-Nov-16, 10:31:50 AM »

Shocked

What the!!  surprise

I'll bet Dot.ca would tell this guy to straighten up and fly right!

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: