THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 08:31:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 84   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cadence, 91/BA  (Read 441454 times)
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: 10-May-18, 05:31:28 PM »

One kid got most of it it seems, see another with no crop at all..wonder if tiny got any.  And Cadence needs to eat herself.

Right....

Obviously, he has no cache or I'm sure she would have brought something in. 
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: 10-May-18, 05:33:32 PM »

One kid got most of it it seems, see another with no crop at all..wonder if tiny got any.  And Cadence needs to eat herself.

Right....

Obviously, he has no cache or I'm sure she would have brought something in. 

No kidding, this is awful...the kids are still looking at her for food.  She's gone back out...
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: 10-May-18, 05:35:54 PM »

I can’t watch this site and, after reading what you’re reporting, I’m glad I don’t... very sad for Cadence.  Sad

Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1068 on: 10-May-18, 05:49:34 PM »

I, too, have a feeling of foreboding.   Ben and Kathy will be there next week. I would take a couple of chicks and let Jersey City raise them.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: 10-May-18, 06:02:57 PM »

I, too, have a feeling of foreboding.   Ben and Kathy will be there next week. I would take a couple of chicks and let Jersey City raise them.

Yes good idea, assuming they survive that long.  She just came in with another teeny package, she's trying hard but one is too weak to keep his head up..the littlest one and he's not getting anything.   Can they go up now and take the two smallest out?  And give them to the other site before it's too late? That youngest one isn't going to last til next week at this rate.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: 10-May-18, 06:04:30 PM »

Well he tried to get a bite but the two bigger ones got it, he's not going to make it I"m afraid unless more food comes in a and she's not eating herself likely to feed what little there is to them.  Another one didn't get any either and is begging her for food and he has no crop either Sad
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: 10-May-18, 06:53:54 PM »

Oh, this is too sad! Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: 10-May-18, 06:55:06 PM »

Woohoo.. 6.55 pm and Cadence is back with a big bird!  What a mom she is!!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: 10-May-18, 07:00:26 PM »

She's blocking the view but I see someone getting a good feed now!  Two heads up...the bigger ones again...oh a third head is up now.  Where is the baby... cant' see him.  There he is..oh and Mr Dad finally shows up with some food...not sure what it is  but scrawny compared to hers and he takes it and leaves as she's feeding them good meal.  Little one's head is up now!  Come on sweetie....yay he gets a bite!
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: 10-May-18, 07:02:55 PM »

Looks like she's making sure they all get some.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: 10-May-18, 07:06:35 PM »

Yes thank goodness!  I wonder if something isn't going on at the site and food isn't plentiful this year?  I know some sites here pay to have pigeons removed but at our site at least we have a river park behind us so ducks are plentiful.   

Anyway I'm just so relieved..I really hope they are watching and can help if need be.  I would like to see Cadence get a good meal for herself too..it makes her vulnerable if she's starving herself to feed them.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: 10-May-18, 07:12:08 PM »

See how confident she is this year at feeding?  I remember last year she was so nervous being her first time..now she's like her mama trying to make sure each beak gets some.  The little one still having a hard time getting in there...he's so much smaller than the other three and he's turned the wrong way now..poor sweetie.  The bigger ones are hogging everything but she's trying to give him some now..there we go...he's getting a bunch now!
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: 10-May-18, 07:21:08 PM »

Look at her on tippy toes to reach over and feed the one on the other side.  What a good girl she is..and she's getting some bites in too.  So sad this has to be so hard for her.   The kids all got a good feed, relief for another few hours at least. 
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: 10-May-18, 07:45:42 PM »

So glad to see this.  I was out running errands and came back to see that there were a few feeds.  At least Dad is coming in with food now.  If he does lots of small packages, at least they would be getting something vs. nothing.  

I don't think poor Betty Ann realizes that there are several very experienced watchers posting.  Not in a bad way, just that we've been watching for years.... Quick to recognize when something just isn't right.

And, yes, Cadence is a good Momma.  She's a natural this year.  She reminds me so much of Beauty.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: 11-May-18, 05:25:05 AM »

5.24 am and Cadence in and out looking for him for food I'm guessing.  She just took to the air.

5.25 am and she's back with what looks like the thing he had brought in last night when she came in with her big bird.
« Last Edit: 11-May-18, 05:38:49 AM by carly » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 84   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: