THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:42:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aria - 85/BA (2016)  (Read 170568 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 06-May-18, 08:05:24 PM »

Oh god Kitty ... the heck we went through with this band ID as I too said it was Erica.  DNR has her listed as D'arcy and I was told in no uncertain terms to call her D'arcy as that is what is on record with them.

« Last Edit: 06-May-18, 08:10:25 PM by carly » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 06-May-18, 09:11:38 PM »

Oh god Kitty ... the heck we went through with this band ID as I too said it was Erica.  DNR has her listed as D'arcy and I was told in no uncertain terms to call her D'arcy as that is what is on record with them.

OK!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 08-May-18, 04:32:02 PM »

All quiet the past two days, no sign of Aria at the site which is good, hopefully she is keeping safe somewhere.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 13-Apr-19, 04:53:22 PM »

Aria alive and on eggs with mate.  Details to come

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 13-Apr-19, 05:00:51 PM »

Aria alive and on eggs with mate.  Details to come

Great news!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 13-Apr-19, 05:19:03 PM »

At her site with Lucie, lots of photos.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 13-Apr-19, 07:16:09 PM »

Ok I"m home...so...there is a story.  I'll start at the beginning because it's complicated.   So yesterday Mathew, from Jacks home - the private condo's emailed me to say mom was in a fight and was on a lower balcony and they didn't know if she could fly.  This morning she flew and the other female was there and chased her out.  I did see photo's of Mom that he took and it was definitely her.  She was displaced and was trying to come home I guess.  They assumed it was Mom and Jack still there.  

I of course thought..hmm could the intruder be Aria since the site is so close to ours so off Lucie and I went.  Well turns out Mom was the intruder, Jack is not there anymore.  Aria is nesting with a male banded Black/Red with a purple USFW band - I have the numbers - just confirming with a US contact first before I post.  She has 3 eggs so far and she's incubating them so they are hers, she is fine and looks fantastic.  I knew it was her soon as I looked through the bins and saw her chest and head...even before Lucie got the bands.  So Aria has now taken over her grandfather's nest site.

Apparently she was talon locked with Mom yesterday and got on top of her and pinned her down and just pecked away at her.  Mom is fine, I saw photos he took last night of her but she was obviously exhausted.  We don't know her age but she'd be 16 or 17 years of age.

Contrary to the past - people there were fantastic with us.  We had one couple invite us into their apartment and on to their balcony right across the nest so Lucie could take photos. Another gave us their number and said we could call and they'd let us in.  Mathew took us up to take photos as well and we met more people.  So that was a nice surprise.  Lucie just dropped me off - she got lots of photos she will post as soon as she's sorted them.
« Last Edit: 13-Apr-19, 08:22:15 PM by carly » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 13-Apr-19, 08:12:33 PM »

Ok I"m home...so...there is a story.  I'll start at the beginning because it's complicated.   So yesterday Mathew, from Jacks home - the private condo's emailed me to say mom was in a fight and was on a lower balcony and they didn't know if she could fly.  This morning she flew and the other female was there and chased her out.  I did see photo's of Mom that he took and it was definitely her.  She was displaced and was trying to come home I guess.  They assumed it was Mom and Jack still there.  

I of course thought..hmm could the intruder be Aria since the site is so close to ours so off Lucie and I went?  Well turns out Mom was the intruder, Jack is not there anymore.  Aria is nesting with a male banded Black/Red with a purple USFW band - I have the numbers - just confirming with a US contact first before I post.  She has 3 eggs so far and she's incubating them so they are hers, she is fine and looks fantastic.  I knew it was her soon as I looked through the bins and saw her chest and head...even before Lucie got the bands.  So Aria has now taken over her grandfather's nest site.

Apparently she was talon locked with Mom yesterday and got on top of her and pinned her down and just pecked away at her.  Mom is fine, I saw photos he took last night of her but she was obviously exhausted.  We don't know her age but she'd be 16 or 17 years of age.

Contrary to the past - people there were fantastic with us.  We had one couple invite us into their apartment and on to their balcony right across the nest so Lucie could take photos. Another gave us their number and said we could call and they'd let us in.  Mathew took us up to take photos as well and we met more people.  So that was a nice surprise.  Lucie just dropped me off - she got lots of photos she will post as soon as she's sorted them.

Awesome news!  Can’t wait to see pics!  Thanks, Carly!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 13-Apr-19, 08:27:49 PM »

WOO HOO! Thanks for your dedication carly!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 13-Apr-19, 09:22:34 PM »

I guess it being the weekend I won't find out about the bands definitively but maybe someone here can help as well.  His band number is in the database however it doesn't specify if the USFW is purple or not?  I guess they don't as I just checked O'Connor's bands and they don't specify it either.  I just didn't want to say 'oh yeah it's this guy and then it turns out there's a twist and he's not' - it happened once before years ago so I won't say for sure it is.

He is banded Black over Red - 13/N.  The database says those bands belong to a male that was born in 2013 in Gary, Indiana at the US Steel 'old coke plant'.  I did send a pm to a contact in Indiana so we'll see what she comes back with.  There is no name listed for him in the database.  So he'd be 6 years old which is interesting - only because I expect them to be younger but there it is. 

He's a handsome lad I'll say that and a good provider from what we saw.  He brought Aria a 'banded pigeon -oops' and she went to town on it. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 13-Apr-19, 10:11:42 PM »

I guess it being the weekend I won't find out about the bands definitively but maybe someone here can help as well.  His band number is in the database however it doesn't specify if the USFW is purple or not?  I guess they don't as I just checked O'Connor's bands and they don't specify it either.  I just didn't want to say 'oh yeah it's this guy and then it turns out there's a twist and he's not' - it happened once before years ago so I won't say for sure it is.

The mid-west USFWS bands are purple...and that database is for the mid-west only. (Wish we had an east coast one too). East coast USFWS is silver. If they have a resident bird with a silver band they will note it in there somewhere.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 13-Apr-19, 10:24:33 PM »

Thanks Kitty. We don't use purple up here so it's always confusing to me.

I just got a pm back from my contact in Indy and she will check her records and if she doesn't have him then she said her colleague would as he does the bandings in Gary.  We don't often get birds from there up here so I just want to be sure but likely she thinks it is him Smiley
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 14-Apr-19, 05:40:15 AM »

Lucie has posted a few photos to her Facebook page.  For those who don't have access here they are - full credit to Lucie for the photos
« Last Edit: 14-Apr-19, 05:49:55 AM by carly » Logged
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 14-Apr-19, 02:26:20 PM »

This is wonderful news. Thank you.

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 01-May-19, 10:53:15 AM »

Just an FYI - I am keeping in touch with Mathew and bugging him weekly to ask how Aria and Indy are doing.  I've nicknamed him 'Indy' as he wasn't named Smiley

Mathew says all is well and quiet, incubation continues and he will let us know when/if a hatch occurs. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 25   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: