THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 09:53:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: De Mortel Falcons 2018  (Read 11568 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 15-Mar-18, 11:07:54 AM »

Just saw on Facebook that apparently she's getting the life dive bombed out of her by another female today.

It never ends there...sad.  Cry

No and that's why I don't watch that site anymore.  It's too hard emotionally to try and remain detached so often.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 15-Mar-18, 01:31:20 PM »

Not sure if it's over yet but the female - ma and pa's grand daughter looks to have a wing injury and I saw blood on her in the last video of her seen.  The other female may have won but not definitive yet.  I'm just watching other people's observations.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-Mar-18, 03:29:47 PM »

Not sure if it's over yet but the female - ma and pa's grand daughter looks to have a wing injury and I saw blood on her in the last video of her seen.  The other female may have won but not definitive yet.  I'm just watching other people's observations.

That's sad to hear.  I haven't watched in a few years, because of all the turmoil, but I do read online postings...tough to watch.

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19-Mar-18, 11:55:34 AM »

Going out on a limb here..Loza, on BCAW, posted this pic. She says “no rings”.  Some are speculating that VV might be back.  I’m pretty sure I see a “VV” on the left leg band in this pic...thoughts?

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-Mar-18, 04:31:15 PM »

Hard to tell, when you blow it up it gets distorted.  I did see Loza's video and in that one she wasn't banded - of course with all the females coming through here it could be yet another one.  I didn't watch much the past few years so I couldn't say if it's still the female VV but to me on first blush this new one looks younger and she has that white above her cere which VV didn't seem to have.  But like I said, I didn't watch enough to really be an expert on making a determination and they do have some similarities.  It's so hard to tell with unbanded falcons - the same bird can look so different at times.  For all we know they could be sisters from different years as both are unbanded.

I just hope the site settles down and that this female, whoever she is, is strong enough to end the carnage and hold the site.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-Mar-18, 09:09:23 PM »

Hard to tell, when you blow it up it gets distorted.  I did see Loza's video and in that one she wasn't banded - of course with all the females coming through here it could be yet another one.  I didn't watch much the past few years so I couldn't say if it's still the female VV but to me on first blush this new one looks younger and she has that white above her cere which VV didn't seem to have.  But like I said, I didn't watch enough to really be an expert on making a determination and they do have some similarities.  It's so hard to tell with unbanded falcons - the same bird can look so different at times.  For all we know they could be sisters from different years as both are unbanded.

I just hope the site settles down and that this female, whoever she is, is strong enough to end the carnage and hold the site.

The more I studied the legs, I think there’s no bands.  Thanks for looking though!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20-Mar-18, 10:23:54 AM »

Looks like it's confirmed that it was VV that was killed - the necropsy results confirm she was carrying an egg so it was definitely her as she was about to lay when the fighting started.

https://www.vogelbescherming.nl/beleefdelente/blog/lezen/nieuwe-vrouw-nv-in-de-mortel
« Last Edit: 20-Mar-18, 11:14:40 AM by carly » Logged
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20-Mar-18, 10:50:06 AM »

Oh, poor VV and VV's egg!  Sad

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20-Mar-18, 02:02:30 PM »

Looks like it's confirmed that it was VV that was killed - the necropsy results confirm she was carrying an egg so it was definitely her as she was about to lay when the fighting started.

https://www.vogelbescherming.nl/beleefdelente/blog/lezen/nieuwe-vrouw-nv-in-de-mortel

I saw that this morning..so very sad.  What a great mom she was.  Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 20-Mar-18, 09:43:33 PM »

I'm heartbroken!!  crying

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27-Mar-18, 09:10:00 AM »

Another fight in the nest!!!!

As Neagan would say:

Shut it down!!!!! Sad

http://youtu.be/7yHPCEnEf4k

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 27-Mar-18, 09:41:07 AM »

paperbag Sad paperbag
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03-Apr-18, 01:44:03 PM »

There is an egg in the nest. Most recently I have been seeing two unbanded birds at the nest.  Sad

carly
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03-Apr-18, 04:24:15 PM »

The unbanded girl laid it Alison but she is/was in the middle of battling a female with two bands.  That new female entered the nest box last night but this morning the unbanded showed up ready to defend again.  She just laid that egg yesterday morning in between the fighting.  From checking the web site over in NL, looks like she's holding her own for today at least and looked calm this evening (their time).
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03-Apr-18, 05:57:51 PM »

The unbanded girl laid it Alison but she is/was in the middle of battling a female with two bands.  That new female entered the nest box last night but this morning the unbanded showed up ready to defend again.  She just laid that egg yesterday morning in between the fighting.  From checking the web site over in NL, looks like she's holding her own for today at least and looked calm this evening (their time).

Let’s hope things settle down soon.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: