THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 06:03:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Plans for Broad Street Aqueduct and Library North Terrace  (Read 2431 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« on: 18-Jun-18, 10:48:02 AM »

When will people realize that the city needs Broad Street as a river crossing? We don't need to have the aqueduct re-watered or have an amphitheater in the aqueduct. We need the bridge, especially after they spruced up the top of it. Well, at least the plans for the concrete terrace by the library (where we've held some watchers weekends) sound nice. The Black Crowned Night Herons would have to relocate, though, as it looks like their favorite tree would come down if this plan is adopted.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2018/06/18/city-eyes-6-m-river-terrace-opening-new-views-old-subway-bed/707642002/

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 18-Jun-18, 11:06:02 AM »

Don't worry. We'll all have electric flying cars by the time Rochester gets around to re-watering the aqueduct.
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-Jun-18, 11:43:47 AM »

Don't worry. We'll all have electric flying cars by the time Rochester gets around to re-watering the aqueduct.

I thought we successfully killed that plan once. But no, it has reared its ugly head again in the ROC the Riverway plan. I hope you're right. And hey, 2015 has come and gone and I still have no hoverboard.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Braveheart2665
Juvie

Like Count: 18

Freyja Always in my Heart

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-Jun-18, 06:41:27 AM »

Oh carp, maybe another petition is in order. When will people realize there is value in the city to the trees & nature within it.

Follow me at Thebraveheartfiles.blogspot.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: