THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 12:36:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Quest (2008) and Mystery man - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 40160 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 17-Jun-20, 10:14:32 PM »

Sad news from CPF...sorrow

TORONTO/DON MILLS/OLD HARLEQUIN:
Absolutely heartbreaking news-on her second flight this morning, our beautiful Hope hit an unmerciful glass building and was killed instantly.  Bruce saw her first flight, which she kept height and landed on 240, second ledge from the top.  He missed her second one, but saw Quest and Mystery on the pink building at the back, looking down and went around to find her .  Quest flew low over her baby and away.  

Fly forever sweet one

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 18-Jun-20, 02:00:11 AM »

Absolutely heartbreaking news-on her second flight this morning, our beautiful Hope hit an unmerciful glass building and was killed instantly.  Bruce saw her first flight, which she kept height and landed on 240, second ledge from the top.  He missed her second one, but saw Quest and Mystery on the pink building at the back, looking down and went around to find her .  Quest flew low over her baby and away.  

Fly forever sweet one
  crying crying

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 18-Jun-20, 07:47:47 PM »

Fly forever sweet one

So sad.  Fly Free Hope.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: 05-Apr-21, 04:48:36 PM »

Alison Brown forwarded me these two Facebook posts by CPF.

Canadian Peregrine Foundation
March 24 at 3:31 PM

Don Mills : I have been stopping by almost every day, so the pictures are from different days. But I am starting with this afternoon's pics as I observed an exchange!! Dad was in the nest box when I arrived. He came out after 10 minutes or so (its a warm day here), then preened. Quest came in after 15 minutes or so, they echupped (just love hearing them!!) and dad flew off. Quest then headed into the nest box, looked like she rolled a bit then settled in the nest box. Let's hope for successful hatches in just over a month from now 😊

Canadian Peregrine Foundation
April 3 at 4:14 PM

Don Mills update : I stopped by on my way home Thursday to find Quest hanging out on a balcony, south side, of the copper building. It was a cold, very windy day. At first her back was to me but she turned shortly after (to show me her good side😉). Mystery was down on the eggs in the nest box. All good there❤️
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 30-Apr-21, 09:02:54 AM »

From the CPF Facebook page:

DON MILLS UPDATE:  Great news!  We have a hatch...or two?  Congrats to Quest & Mystery!  I have been dropping by daily, waiting to catch a feeding and was rewarded tonight!!  Mystery brought a nice package for his growing family.  There was even a nice moment where they both looked at the kids!  Mystery was off and Quest got down to business and fed her brood.  She lovingly  talked to them the whole time, it was so sweet.  I will be watching to find out how many we have over the next week and of course, as they grow.  I added a couple of pics from the last few days as well.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 08-May-21, 09:36:53 PM »

Alison Brown forwarded me this Facebook post by CPF.

Banding Of The Chicks Will Be May 18th at 2:30

May 06, 2021 - Toronto - Don Mills
Marion Nash Reports:

Banding day will not be a public event this year due to COVID-19 restrictions but we will post all photos and information about the chicks after the banding.

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 13-May-21, 09:20:26 PM »

DON MILLS UPDATE :  It's three for Quest and Mystery! I have been stopping by and have seen some lovely feedings. And three adorable bobble heads! They sure have great appetites and are growing fast.

Photos on CPF FB site.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 13-May-21, 10:18:18 PM »

DON MILLS UPDATE :  It's three for Quest and Mystery! I have been stopping by and have seen some lovely feedings. And three adorable bobble heads! They sure have great appetites and are growing fast.

Photos on CPF FB site.

clap

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18-May-21, 10:31:36 PM »

From the Canadian Peregrine Foundation...

DON MILLS UPDATE : Welcome Sydney, Nico and Bluey!! It's 2 boys and a girl for Quest and Mystery! All three are very healthy, vocal chicks. Thanks to our amazing climber John for another job well done, Mark Heaton for banding (with an assist from me! Made my day) and Lucie for the great pics and always, Mark and Marion Nash for making this happen 😊. Here are their stats lol:
Nico, male, banded C/15, 535 g, blue tape
Bluey, male, banded C/16, 560 g, yellow tape
And our beautiful girl, Sydney, female, banded X/16, 780 g, red tape
Here's to a healthy family and a great fledge watch!

clap

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: 06-Sep-21, 06:42:38 PM »

July 28

DON MILLS UPDATE :
Hate this. It is with such heavy hearts that Sally and I have to tell you that we lost our beautiful Sydney . She was found alive on a glass balcony... We believe she hit the glass and fell in the balcony, could not get out due to a head injury. She was taken to TWC. X-rays showed no broken bones but she succumbed to her injuries hours later. She was a beauty, a big girl, and strong. She took her first flight June11th and unlike her brothers, she never needed rescuing. She got to fly, play with her brothers, and learn to hunt in her short life, so we can be glad for that. Soar high little one
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06-Sep-21, 06:56:43 PM »

July 28

DON MILLS UPDATE :
Hate this. It is with such heavy hearts that Sally and I have to tell you that we lost our beautiful Sydney . She was found alive on a glass balcony... We believe she hit the glass and fell in the balcony, could not get out due to a head injury. She was taken to TWC. X-rays showed no broken bones but she succumbed to her injuries hours later. She was a beauty, a big girl, and strong. She took her first flight June11th and unlike her brothers, she never needed rescuing. She got to fly, play with her brothers, and learn to hunt in her short life, so we can be glad for that. Soar high little one

Fly free, Sydney. sorrow

Annette
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07-Sep-21, 10:15:13 AM »

crying crying

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07-Sep-21, 08:59:26 PM »

Fly free Sydney.  Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10-Mar-22, 11:47:45 AM »

One of Quest's 2017 offspring was just on the ledge in Hamilton!!  Sent the info to their admin!  Yikes!  There has also been a female unbanded intruder here.

Here's is a photo of Nemo's bands I grabbed while he was on the ledge just now and one of him so you can see him as a grown up!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10-Mar-22, 01:02:22 PM »

One of Quest's 2017 offspring was just on the ledge in Hamilton!!  Sent the info to their admin!  Yikes!  There has also been a female unbanded intruder here.

Here's is a photo of Nemo's bands I grabbed while he was on the ledge just now and one of him so you can see him as a grown up!

So handsome! Wonder where he?s been these past years and hope he doesn?t cause problems at this site. eeeeek

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: