THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:53:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Easter in Charlottesville, VA  (Read 3714 times)
valhalla
« on: 06-Apr-10, 02:30:49 PM »

Charlottesville, VA is home to more than UVA - Thomas Jefferson's Monticello is just up the road.  This was about the halfway point for Rich's family to come up from NC and for us to go SW.  For locals (ish) Barboursville, Keswick, and Jefferson Vineyards were visited and several cases of good Virginia wine came home with us, too  2thumbsup  

Here are pictures of the grounds of Monticello and family (interior photography is not permited).  The weather was wonderful and we had a terrific time, too.

Happy Belated Easter to all of you, too  Wink

http://classic.kodakgallery.com/valhallaviews/main/2010_easter
« Last Edit: 06-Apr-10, 02:50:26 PM by Janet » Logged
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-Apr-10, 02:48:33 PM »

Nice pictures, Janet.  Love the flowers and the flowering trees. The Redbuds are gorgeous-one of my favorite!  Thanks for sharing!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-Apr-10, 06:26:39 PM »

What a great weekend you had. I'm loving all the blooms, so pretty already. We still have bare trees, no buds yet. Still looks like Winter here, except it's 80 degrees!!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-Apr-10, 06:44:24 PM »

wave    flash    coolphotos   Very nice Janet.     thanks2

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-Apr-10, 07:14:26 PM »

Thanks, Janet!

We go to Charlottesvill every few years, so your photographs were almost like a bonus trip for me.  One time we have not been there is spring.  Thanks to your album, it's now on my "to do" list.

Paul
valhalla
« Reply #5 on: 06-Apr-10, 07:24:24 PM »

Thanks, Janet!

We go to Charlottesvill every few years, so your photographs were almost like a bonus trip for me.  One time we have not been there is spring.  Thanks to your album, it's now on my "to do" list.

Paul

Monticello in the spring has been on my list since we moved here almost 20 years ago (I don't rush into things).  Rich has customers down there, so with Retirement 3 years and 3 days away (whose counting?), I'm going to make it a point to go down with him.  So much to see - even if it is just roaming about gardens outside.  Miche Tavern during the week is on my list for another trip!  Oh, the trail from Monticello to Miche looks great!  My hips won't make it, but it looks nice a flat (bridges and walkways) and maybe the hips will be in better shape next year  clap
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: