THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:39:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where was Quest yesterday?  (Read 15159 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« on: 20-Apr-10, 07:39:25 AM »

Saw this on the CPF site just now for ADM Mill Port Colborne (Freedom's old nest box)-emphasis added-

Deja Vu
-
Doug Garbutt Reports:
I last reported we had 4 eggs here. The eggs have somehow disappeared. Just like last year! 3 falcons were on site at the time the eggs were being incubated. Not sure if this is the reason. We now have a new monitor & will be able to see what’s happening in the box again. Today 2 falcons were in the box. One of them had a radio transmitter on it.

Doug Garbutt Reports:
Sorry, forgot to put location on last message. Message was from Port Colborne ADM Mill.

Posted on April 19, 2010 8:45 pm
Observation for Port Colborne - ADM Mill

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-Apr-10, 07:44:48 AM »

Saw this on the CPF site just now for ADM Mill Port Colborne (Freedom's old nest box)-emphasis added-

Deja Vu
-
Doug Garbutt Reports:
I last reported we had 4 eggs here. The eggs have somehow disappeared. Just like last year! 3 falcons were on site at the time the eggs were being incubated. Not sure if this is the reason. We now have a new monitor & will be able to see what’s happening in the box again. Today 2 falcons were in the box. One of them had a radio transmitter on it.

Doug Garbutt Reports:
Sorry, forgot to put location on last message. Message was from Port Colborne ADM Mill.

Posted on April 19, 2010 8:45 pm
Observation for Port Colborne - ADM Mill

scared blue Shocked

valhalla
« Reply #2 on: 20-Apr-10, 07:47:43 AM »

secret  Quest!  Go back to Lennox Power - they are waiting for you! secret2
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-Apr-10, 08:17:22 AM »

Oh my god, I just saw that on CPF and thought Quest, is that you!!!  Shocked  This is such a competitive site, every year it seems, a new female seems to take out the old one...this is not the site I'd want for Quest.
« Last Edit: 20-Apr-10, 08:23:38 AM by carly » Logged
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:00:02 AM »

As of two days ago, Quest was about 17 miles (30 km) from Port Colborne. 

Has she just staged a nest site takeover?

Paul
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:03:43 AM »

We're in the process of checking where Quest was yesterday.  It may not be until later today.

We know that she has been in that area before.

I'm so happy that Doug, at Port Colborne, now has a new monitor and will be able to keep a close eye on what's happening in the nest box.

When Lisa, Kathy, Dana and I visited this site (when Freedom was there), Doug and Rolf took us up to the break room where the monitor is.  The workers are avid Falcon Watchers.   clap

For those not familiar with the Port Colborne nestsite, that was where Freedom, M&K's first son, was located until a couple years ago.  Freedom's whereabouts are unknown at this time.  Archer, our current male, was born at this site.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:05:43 AM »

Paul

Paul-can you check the monthly map?  (Work 'puter is being evil)  looks like there's an update for 04-19...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:11:03 AM »

Seems to run in the family, the attraction to this nest site.  On the plus side, she's Mariah's daughter so she's no slouch that's for sure.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:15:30 AM »

Paul

Paul-can you check the monthly map?  (Work 'puter is being evil)  looks like there's an update for 04-19...

Or anyone...sorry...just that Paul was in map mode...

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:18:01 AM »

The weekly map has her 17 miles west of Port Colborne on the 18th; the monthly has her at the same spot on the 19th.  As Carol just told us, they seem to be in the process of updating the maps.

Paul
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:26:42 AM »

The times and dates on the monthly map are in GMT. So that April 19th point is really April 18th at 9:25 PM.

There probably won't be any data for April 19 (yesterday). Tonight's data will be for today.
« Last Edit: 20-Apr-10, 09:43:20 AM by Shaky » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:34:54 AM »

The times and dates on the monthly map are in GMT. So that April 19th point is really April 18th at 9:25 PM.

There probably won't be any data for April 19 (yesterday). Tonight's data will contain data for today.

Didn't realize that...thanks!  Any really poor signals that you really can't rely on but might give us a hint?  I know I'm asking for too much, but...well, can't blame me for trying Wink   

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:43:49 AM »

There probably won't be any data for April 19 (yesterday). Tonight's data will contain data for today.

Didn't realize that...thanks!  Any really poor signals that you really can't rely on but might give us a hint?  I know I'm asking for too much, but...well, can't blame me for trying Wink   

No, that was the last data point received.
valhalla
« Reply #13 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:51:07 AM »

I guess it goes without saying that someone is trying to get in touch with Doug and Rolf?
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-Apr-10, 09:56:57 AM »

I guess it goes without saying that someone is trying to get in touch with Doug and Rolf?

Yes, I'm in contact with Doug.  He sent me an email about it late last night and said he's keeping a close eye on the situation.  He'll let us know if he see's Quest again.  I asked him to get a picture if he could.   Wink

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: