THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 07:48:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I just need to vent...  (Read 13459 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 24-Apr-10, 04:22:15 PM »

First & foremost, thank you all for your kind thoughts & support...it really has helped.  The bushes will come back eventually but I may not get any flowers next year-this is year 3 of the 1/3 per year revitalization project and they cut all the new growth-they left the old woody stuff that was scheduled to get cut back this year anyway.

But there is some good news.  The trooper did as he said he would & interviewed my other neighbors the next day.  One of them came over today & told me he told a friend in the next town over, who had the same thing happen the day after me-not his personal bushes, but the trailer park where he lives.  His trooper told him they sell them in NYC for $1500-$2000 a van load!   Shocked  So guy #2 was on the lookout because they hadn't gotten all the flowers in the trailer park.  Sure enough, they were back the next day...pictures of the people, the white van & license plate # are now in the hands of the troopers.  Hopefully they'll catch the $^&%#@s!

2000.00 a van load....sheesh, I'm in the wrong business... laugh. I hope they catch them, as I'm sure they will now Ei. Yay for the troopers. Hopefully, in a few years your lilacs will be in full bloom and you can enjoy the beautiful aroma again. Still sorry though. What CREEPS!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 24-Apr-10, 04:30:00 PM »

Hope they bust 'em!  The no good down dirty &$%#@+?'s!!!!    devil    tickedoff

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 24-Apr-10, 07:30:46 PM »

His trooper told him they sell them in NYC for $1500-$2000 a van load!

It seems really strange to me that they would sell for so much money, when in my experience, cut lilacs do not last long at all.  I occasionally cut a sprig for a bud vase, but they look pitiful within a couple of days.
valhalla
« Reply #33 on: 24-Apr-10, 07:47:03 PM »

I've seen them $9.99 a bunch at Whole Foods in Annapolis, so a van load with equal about 2K!  I have cut many lilacs over the years - I always asked and was always aware of where the years growth would be (my neighbor loved it because I pruned his bush and left the beauties for all to enjoy).  Gotta admit - this theft really troubles me.  Ei, I hope someone shoots rock salt into the fools backside before the cops arrest him - he'll live, but he's going to remember for a long time to come  devil devil
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: