THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 04:22:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very sad news from Anne in Toronto  (Read 18068 times)
anneintoronto
« Reply #30 on: 30-Apr-10, 11:44:02 PM »

Something positive happened today, in the midst of my sadness and confusion.  I received a letter from the Trillium Gift of Life Network and not only did they take bone, for future transplantation, from Kevin, but told me that they can use his eyes as well.  Kevin was a very visual person.  He loved reading and watching TV, especially nature programmes and travelogues, and going for drives to see what the seasons were doing to his environment.  I think that he would be very pleased to know that someone may see their world around them, using his eyes, or that someone may recover functionality with his bones.  What greater gift could come of his life ending too soon!  I hope that all you folk out there will take a minute to indicate to your families and friends, that if the worst should happen and you should die, that you want to help someone else out.  I knew that Kevin and his family would approve, so was able to make the decision at such an awful time, without any thought.  It's been a little ray of light, in my present rather dark world.
Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)]
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01-May-10, 01:01:38 AM »

Something positive happened today, in the midst of my sadness and confusion.  I received a letter from the Trillium Gift of Life Network and not only did they take bone, for future transplantation, from Kevin, but told me that they can use his eyes as well.  Kevin was a very visual person.  He loved reading and watching TV, especially nature programmes and travelogues, and going for drives to see what the seasons were doing to his environment.  I think that he would be very pleased to know that someone may see their world around them, using his eyes, or that someone may recover functionality with his bones.  What greater gift could come of his life ending too soon!  I hope that all you folk out there will take a minute to indicate to your families and friends, that if the worst should happen and you should die, that you want to help someone else out.  I knew that Kevin and his family would approve, so was able to make the decision at such an awful time, without any thought.  It's been a little ray of light, in my present rather dark world.

Thank You, Anne! In the midst of grief, you and Kevin have given that last, and most wonderful, gift, that others may have a better life.  I'm sure that there is a special place in Heaven for those who truly give of themselves to help another.  bow
Carol
WV
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 01-May-10, 06:14:58 AM »

Anne - What a wonderful gift Kevin (and you) have given. The gift of sight is so precious.  I cannot imagine not being able to see all the beautiful things in this world. happy 

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01-May-10, 06:32:15 AM »

bravo     I'm donating anything they can use when I pass. It does me no good if I'm gone.  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #34 on: 01-May-10, 06:43:40 AM »

bravo     I'm donating anything they can use when I pass. It does me no good if I'm gone.  heart

bow  Amen!  notworthy  FYI, Rich and I are both (and have been for many years) organ donors.  SKIN is a organ, too and when I leave this shell and return Home, I not taking any of it with me. 
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01-May-10, 06:50:30 AM »

bow  Amen!  notworthy  FYI, Rich and I are both (and have been for many years) organ donors.  SKIN is a organ, too and when I leave this shell and return Home, I not taking any of it with me. 

Isn't it wonderful to help someone when your gone... Ditto girls!   heart

anneintoronto
« Reply #36 on: 01-May-10, 12:30:43 PM »

I was worried that they wouldn't be able to use anything of Kevin's, because he was diabetic and, I'm sad to say, not a good one, although he tried hard...  The bone, I figured, would be okay, but when he'd had cataract surgery and was diabetic, I didn't think they could use his eyes.  So when I got the letter from the Gift of Life folks, I was thrilled!  Kevin's eyes were so important to him and to help out someone would thrilled him.  Although I'd rather have him looking through his own eyes, this is the best next thing.
Thank you to all of you who do plan to donate -- it's hard to even think about, when you're still alive and healthy, but just think how ecstatic others will be, who receive your gift.  penguinspin
Thanks!
Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01-May-10, 12:50:57 PM »

Wonderful news, Anne, after such sadness.  Bill and I are also organ donors and the "Gift of Life" is something everyone should think about doing.

Mirta
Fledgling

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 01-May-10, 01:13:00 PM »

Anne, it is a wonderful gift you and Kevin made.
All my family are donors. in my personal case, since I was 21 years old.
Hope the light that goes through KevinĀ“s eyes soon iluminate your world.
Hugs
Mirta
pdk
Fluffball

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 01-May-10, 06:11:13 PM »

Anne,
I am so sorry about Kevin.  May great memories give you strength in a very difficult time for you and your family.

Patricia (Florida)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 01-May-10, 07:26:56 PM »

This speaks so much to what a loving person you are, Anne, and of Kevin as well.  Love transcends whatever happens to us physically

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
valhalla
« Reply #41 on: 02-May-10, 03:45:12 PM »

Oh, an other note - CANCER, yes the Big Evil C, does not prevent you from donating because all cancer cells are different, which is how I know about skin and eyes.  I also have to admit, that I'm a complete wuss about going into the ground in a dark closed box  scared blue  Even dead, it holds no appeal.  Cremation isn't a walk in the park either (yes, I know I'm dead and it doesn't matter, just one of those things).  However, organ donation makes me feel good because I hate waste and if my stuff is still useable and someone can use it, well then that is a good day's work! 

Rich is diabetic and I have shared Anne's story with him.  Itatian Subs and Bagels must be removed from his diet!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: