THE FORUM

23-Apr-24, 11:21:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paradise  (Read 9701 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« on: 15-May-10, 10:48:40 AM »

Just thought I'd share what I've observed while at my nephews farm in Nunda,NY.  He has 9 acres of land' Off the back of his house is a great view of hills and 3 ponds just on the other side of his property where Canadian geese,red winged blackbirds,deer,groundhogs and a mystery white bird that I haven't identified yet.  Out in the front yard I filled 3 bird feeders and have attracted white crowned sparrows,chipping sparrows,house sparrows,morning doves,cardinals,blue jays,1 yellow warbler,gold finches,red and grey squirrels,chipmunks and rabbits.  OMG I'm loving life here in what I've named paradise.  Oh, did I mention they have 2 horses named Filly and Lacey,a barncat named Stubby (so named cuz she has a stub for a tail)which came with the house 2 yrs. ago when they bought it. And last but not least their dog named Brandy and 2 house cats Lucky and Tinkerbell.(2 goldfish also) Phew so much to keep up with here!  Having a great time!    wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15-May-10, 01:52:13 PM »

I just spotted a kestrel on a fence post out in the horse pasture. I forgot to mention on my previous post that I flushed a pheasant out of the tall grass in the field behind the house yesterday while riding through on the atv.  This morning I saw a northern flicker in the backyard eating ants no doubt. I also watched a turkey vulture soar over the ponds.  Ahhh a nature lovers paradise!   heart

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-May-10, 02:02:22 PM »

Just thought I'd share what I've observed while at my nephews farm in Nunda,NY.  He has 9 acres of land' Off the back of his house is a great view of hills and 3 ponds just on the other side of his property where Canadian geese,red winged blackbirds,deer,groundhogs and a mystery white bird that I haven't identified yet.  Out in the front yard I filled 3 bird feeders and have attracted white crowned sparrows,chipping sparrows,house sparrows,morning doves,cardinals,blue jays,1 yellow warbler,gold finches,red and grey squirrels,chipmunks and rabbits.  OMG I'm loving life here in what I've named paradise.  Oh, did I mention they have 2 horses named Filly and Lacey,a barncat named Stubby (so named cuz she has a stub for a tail)which came with the house 2 yrs. ago when they bought it. And last but not least their dog named Brandy and 2 house cats Lucky and Tinkerbell.(2 goldfish also) Phew so much to keep up with here!  Having a great time!    wave

Wow MAK, you are in Paradise. I'm sitting all week at my dads house on the lake. He has 2 dogs, 2 weird frogs that live underwater in a tank in his house, 3 gerbils...a Bear in the back woods and some deer. I'm hoping to get a glimpse of the Bear soon. Lots of SNAKES..so I run like the wind up the path to his house, praying I don't step on one or SEE one. I'm creeped out by the snakes but so far, haven't seen any. Lots of feeders in his yard and I'm not good at ID's yet. I'll get there yet. HAVE FUN.  wave

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-May-10, 07:30:17 PM »

I just spotted a kestrel on a fence post out in the horse pasture. I forgot to mention on my previous post that I flushed a pheasant out of the tall grass in the field behind the house yesterday while riding through on the atv.  This morning I saw a northern flicker in the backyard eating ants no doubt. I also watched a turkey vulture soar over the ponds.  Ahhh a nature lovers paradise!   heart

I want your Paradise!  wave

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-May-10, 07:37:08 PM »

Right now there are 4 white tailed deer and 2 wild turkeys on the property beyond the ponds  out back.  Boy is mother nature giving me a show!!  I'm here  'til next Saturday so I'm sure I'll have more to report.    wave    gum

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-May-10, 07:42:58 PM »

Right now there are 4 white tailed deer and 2 wild turkeys on the property beyond the ponds  out back.  Boy is mother nature giving me a show!!  I'm here  'til next Saturday so I'm sure I'll have more to report.    wave    gum

That's so cool little Piggy, tomorrow I'm gonna hang out at the Lake and muster up some game. Gonna check out all the bird houses also to see who's home. His house is set back in the woods and he has no shades on any windows. Tonight, I'll go around and put towels up on all the "necessary" windows. I'm no exhibitionist.  Shocked devil

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15-May-10, 07:57:48 PM »

That's so cool little Piggy, tomorrow I'm gonna hang out at the Lake and muster up some game. Gonna check out all the bird houses also to see who's home. His house is set back in the woods and he has no shades on any windows. Tonight, I'll go around and put towels up on all the "necessary" windows. I'm no exhibitionist.  Shocked devil

laugh   This place is way back off the main road and has shades but I don't close them cuz I'm afraid I'll miss something! lol  I could very well be an exhibitionist!!! devil   silly

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15-May-10, 08:14:11 PM »

laugh  This place is way back off the main road and has shades but I don't close them cuz I'm afraid I'll miss something! lol  I could very well be an exhibitionist!!

Um..well.....OK then.  scared blue  2funny

valhalla
« Reply #8 on: 15-May-10, 08:29:47 PM »

And this little piggy says if someone is dumb enough to climb the fence to get to my backyard, then that fool deserves to see the ah, necessary stuff  laugh
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15-May-10, 10:18:39 PM »

oink,oink,oink!    hysterical

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 16-May-10, 07:26:40 PM »

wave   Today I saw a mom and pop Canadian geese with their 5 babies swimmimng on one of the ponds way outback. I also saw a gorgeous red tail hawk being dive bombed by a red winged blackbird.  3 deer were in the backyard this morning. At the feeders I saw a red bellied woodpecker and a white breasted nuthatch joining the crowd. For some reason there were chimney swifts flying in and out of the garage. I found no nest so I can only assume they were eating the flying insects(of which there are many) that were congregated in there. Weather was sunny and a bit cool. That's it for now.    gum

-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 16-May-10, 08:05:59 PM »

You planning to take pictures of any of this, little piggy??  laugh  I'd love to see the spread you are on!
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 16-May-10, 10:33:22 PM »

yes, yes please
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 17-May-10, 06:58:30 AM »

wave   I have to go into the city today for a doctors appointment so I 'll grab the camera and hopefully I can figure out how to get them on the computer to share. Wish me luck!      gum

-John Burroughs
valhalla
« Reply #14 on: 17-May-10, 07:07:24 AM »

clap
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: