THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 04:54:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Girls Move To The Front Porch  (Read 4541 times)
Yarak
Forum Bot
Bot
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 95

Keeping falcon fans connected

View Profile
« on: 19-Jun-10, 02:40:29 PM »

Both Callidora and Jemison have learned that the world is a lot bigger than the few cubic feet of nest box they've called home since they hatched in May.  In fact, it didn't take them long to move from tentative hops in and out of the nest box to hanging out at the very...

Link:
http://rfalconcam.com/imprinting/?p=1237

This is an automated post.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-Jun-10, 02:54:34 PM »

Both Callidora and Jemison have learned that the world is a lot bigger than the few cubic feet of nest box they've called home since they hatched in May.  In fact, it didn't take them long to move from tentative hops in and out of the nest box to hanging out at the very...

Link:

EDGE!! 

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-Jun-10, 03:03:58 PM »

Link:

EDGE!! 

Comfy enough that Callidora's snoozing on the perch!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-Jun-10, 09:24:23 PM »

This is the first time I have seen ledging. I'm used to the broods at Kodak getting into the playpen just before they fledge.  It happens at other nest sites, but had not happened here.  For example, the San Francisco birds ran all over the builfing for days before they flew. 

Every day brings it home to me that everything is unknown this season.  We have a new box, a new location, and a new pair.  How will fledging go?  Will they start flying in the gorge?  Where will they roost?

The good news is that Archer and Beauty have quickly learned to be good parents.  I've always been amazed watching the eyasses develop, but this year I've seen the patents develop as well.

Paul
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 19-Jun-10, 09:57:23 PM »

I've always been amazed watching the eyasses develop, but this year I've seen the patents develop as well.

one of the very most memorable moments so far this year was Archer the day hatching began, looking down at all that, standing there, "instinct" delivery way off schedule, trying to figure where his nice quiet eggs had gone and what the story was with THIS stuff...
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-Jun-10, 10:04:21 PM »

I've always been amazed watching the eyasses develop, but this year I've seen the patents develop as well.

one of the very most memorable moments so far this year was Archer the day hatching began, looking down at all that, standing there, "instinct" delivery way off schedule, trying to figure where his nice quiet eggs had gone and what the story was with THIS stuff...

One of my favorite moments of that look...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: