THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:18:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watch North - KP - Adult Peregrine on the Hunt - 8/11/09 (7-8pm)  (Read 3180 times)
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« on: 11-Aug-09, 09:27:36 PM »

From Rochester Falcon Watcher Carol P.

Tonite, Lynda and I kept Watch on the west side of Kodak Park, with the sun behind us.  It was a gorgeous evening.

We kept a close eye on all the birds flying through the area.  Pigeons, Gulls, Geese, Startlings, etc, etc.

At 7:30 pm, Lynda told me that she saw a bird flying on the far side (east) of Kodak Park.  The bird was flying over the gorge, circling higher and higher.  It was definitely a Peregrine Falcon (good eye Lynda!) and it was definitely on a hunt.  I’m fairly certain that it was an adult, but because the bird was so far from us, I never saw a split wing tip.

For about 10 minutes we watched as the Peregrine circled above the river gorge.  The Falcon then headed north, following the gorge.

We waited for awhile to see if the Falcon would return.  No such luck.

Lynda was going to head downtown and I headed north down Lake Ave, towards the lake.  I had hoped to find the Falcon, but again, no such luck.

We’ll definitely be keeping an eye on this area.  I hope to see Mariah and the unbanded juvenile again soon.

yes

Peregrines know no borders.....
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Aug-09, 09:50:38 PM »

Hooray! clap A peregrine sighting at KP gorge area.  It's been 2 weeks since Mariah was first sighted.  Good job Lynda!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-Aug-09, 11:22:25 PM »

I would like Mariah to be seen, along with the juvie and a nice terciel who loves royalty:) Wink

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: