THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 07:49:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jeff's in Antarctica PT 2  (Read 28260 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 29-Jan-11, 09:51:34 PM »

Jeff is at the South Pole: Yay excitement.

Cockpit of LC-130
Flying over mountains on way to Pole
The South Pole Station
Actual South Pole Marker !!!
Welcome to CTAM

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 29-Jan-11, 09:53:23 PM »

PT 2

CTAM Camp from Mountain top
Jeff
Odd looking rocks

valhalla
« Reply #62 on: 30-Jan-11, 07:00:58 AM »

Very cool.  Actually, off the scale cool, as most of us never even SEE the South Pole.   bow
Lizz
Eyas

Like Count: 7

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 30-Jan-11, 02:29:52 PM »

That rugged beauty is just breathtaking!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 30-Jan-11, 10:59:16 PM »

clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 22-Feb-11, 07:08:17 PM »

My friend Jeff left the Ice yesterday and arrived in New Zealand, (Christchurch) to be exact. He wrote that he was going to Bailies for some green Lip Mussles. This was at 6:33pm. Not long after they had the Quake. Jeff got out safe, (thank God) but the wreckage is devastating.  Well, here's what he said after our concerns.

"If your not here... DON'T COME !!!!! City is devastated!!Water,Power,Sewer all out in downtown. Oldest Church in Christchurch collapsed!! Ground STILL Shaking!!! Airport CLOSED!! Ran out of Bailies for my life only to see Church collapse on car with 2 people in it. Video of the whole Quake while it was happening...What a SAD Event!!! I'm ok!!!!! This SUCKS!!"

and later on:

Thanks for everyones concern... No baggage,NO passport.. Everything in Hotel. With another building resting on top of it...Don't know if they will EVER let us in to retrieve anything!! This is BAD... VERY BAD !!!!!!!!

Lot of people weren't as lucky as Jeff and my heart goes out to all who's lives were taken. I'm sure he will never be the same.  Sad

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 22-Feb-11, 08:00:16 PM »

Oh Donna!!!!!!!!!!!!  These poor people and your poor friend!  I will pray for them

jeanne

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 22-Feb-11, 08:06:05 PM »

I am so glad to hear that your friend is ok Donna.  Definitely sending thoughts and prayers to those affected by this horrible earthquake.   Sad

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 22-Feb-11, 08:58:21 PM »

So glad your friend is OK and I'm also sending thoughts and prayers to all involved.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 22-Feb-11, 10:20:16 PM »

I haven't seen the news in a couple days and am just finding out about this. Donna what a relief to know your friend is okay. It goes without saying that I'm praying for those poor folks. pray

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 22-Feb-11, 11:11:41 PM »

I haven't seen the news in a couple days and am just finding out about this. Donna what a relief to know your friend is okay. It goes without saying that I'm praying for those poor folks. pray

Thanks all, I'm glad Jeff is OK too. His stint on the Ice this year was not so memorable as last year. He was quite bummed....and then this!! He needs to come home, if possible. His Passport and belongings are in his Hotel that is now...well, not quite standing. He said he was able to get some video. I'm sure he will never forget.

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 23-Feb-11, 04:49:06 AM »

Hi Donna

I am glad that your friend Jef is OK.
I thoughts are with you.

Greetings Carla

valhalla
« Reply #72 on: 23-Feb-11, 05:32:10 AM »

A number of local Search and Rescue are enroute to NZ, we have great diplomatic relations with NZ, so Jeff will get home.  He might get to his stuff eventually.  Thank God he's ok, albeit a very changed man.  He'll probably mark time for the rest of his life as before the quake and after the quake (sort of like dawn 9/11 and 9/12/2001).  He might be allowed to help, if he is so inclined and able while he waits for paperwork and transport home.

Now is a good time to contact (don't answer unsolicited e-mails) the American Red Cross - blood and cash (money is always needed is disasters like this).

Thanks for the update and prayers of strength for Jeff and those that are around him.   pray
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 23-Feb-11, 10:29:12 AM »

A number of local Search and Rescue are enroute to NZ, we have great diplomatic relations with NZ, so Jeff will get home.  He might get to his stuff eventually.  Thank God he's ok, albeit a very changed man.  He'll probably mark time for the rest of his life as before the quake and after the quake (sort of like dawn 9/11 and 9/12/2001).  He might be allowed to help, if he is so inclined and able while he waits for paperwork and transport home.

Now is a good time to contact (don't answer unsolicited e-mails) the American Red Cross - blood and cash (money is always needed is disasters like this).

Thanks for the update and prayers of strength for Jeff and those that are around him.   pray

A number of listmates on the Australian Cat Fancier lists have been reporting from there firsthand.  Truly horrifying  crying
Another group that shows up to help is the Salvation Army.
That part of the World has really been getting smacked lately  Sad
Carol
WV
valhalla
« Reply #74 on: 23-Feb-11, 04:26:48 PM »

A number of listmates on the Australian Cat Fancier lists have been reporting from there firsthand.  Truly horrifying  crying
Another group that shows up to help is the Salvation Army.
That part of the World has really been getting smacked lately  Sad
Carol
WV

There IS more to the Red Kettle than Christmas Time - the Salvation Army - you can donate on-line (I do). 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: