THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:38:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Team Peregrine  (Read 19574 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 12-Sep-10, 07:24:27 PM »

Great job, Team Peregrine!   2thumbsup

valhalla
« Reply #16 on: 12-Sep-10, 07:27:07 PM »

Three cheers for Team Peregrine! Also, thanks for a great story.  What can beat finishing up with a Peregrine with minutes to spare?

Paul

ditto   2thumbsup   clap
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 13-Sep-10, 07:09:20 AM »

MAK, Suzanne and others on Team Peregrine...

Can't seem to find yesterday's post re your success... but did you do most of the race in Montezuma? I would love to know where you were so I could perhaps google it (your route) for future reference when I am home. Thanks for that!

I am still reeling from the news of that Sandhill Crane! MAK, did you fall out of the car when you saw it?! I would have! Does anyone know when they leave on their migration?

I will be home at the end of October and do not know where I might go for a spot of The Good Stuff... suggestions appreciated. Thanks again!

Slainte!

(Well, really, Bobbie! I found yesterday's post... how easy was THAT? Still... would appreciate any feedback re the above...)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 13-Sep-10, 07:29:26 AM »

I will be home at the end of October and do not know where I might go for a spot of The Good Stuff... suggestions appreciated. Thanks again!

Slainte!

(Well, really, Bobbie! I found yesterday's post... how easy was THAT? Still... would appreciate any feedback re the above...)

Wow, your coming home again Bobbie? Twice in a year? Way to go. I'm sure you'll see plenty where ever you decide to venture out to. (hope everything is OK).

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13-Sep-10, 07:46:35 AM »

Wow, your coming home again Bobbie? Twice in a year? Way to go. I'm sure you'll see plenty where ever you decide to venture out to. (hope everything is OK).
[/quote]

Thanks, Donna - and yes, all is ok. My Dad (92 at Thanksgiving, bless that wonderful man!) lives with a sister, and she is off on a well-deserved break - a cruise down the Danube with a Gal Pal - get her! So I said I'd come home and "mind the store". Me and my trusty Little Mac will go anywhere, any time... Plus I get to see the Gang at Thanksgiving! WOO-HOO!!

(Spell check suggests that "well-deserved" should be "windsurf"... haha!)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 13-Sep-10, 08:04:28 AM »

Thanks, Donna - and yes, all is ok. My Dad (92 at Thanksgiving, bless that wonderful man!) lives with a sister, and she is off on a well-deserved break - a cruise down the Danube with a Gal Pal - get her! So I said I'd come home and "mind the store". Me and my trusty Little Mac will go anywhere, any time... Plus I get to see the Gang at Thanksgiving! WOO-HOO!!

So, you'll be a round for a month? That's a long time. Nice to spend Thanksgiving with family, especially when your from across the Ocean. Yikes, long flight.  hyper

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 13-Sep-10, 08:37:57 AM »

No Bobbie I didn't fall out but I sure was excited! Lisa and I high fived and all 4 of us were grinning from ear to ear! We surely had luck on our sides. Maybe while you're here we could organize a get together with the watchers and meet you. wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 13-Sep-10, 08:41:18 AM »

Hey Bobbie...Yes, we did all of our watching within the boundaries of the Montezuma complex.  It is huge, though, and includes DEC, US Fish and Wildlife, and Audubon lands.  If you Google Montezuma Wildlife Refuge there should be a map of the big area.  You could also Google the Savannah Audubon Center for info.  I will check later to see if I can find some good sites for you and forward the links.

As for the Sandhill Cranes...they hang around the area pretty late.  Two years ago in November we went to the Mucklands (these are the fields where they grow potatoes) and saw about 40 Sandhills in the snow covered fields.  We actually drove down into the fields and got up close looks at them!!  Awesome!!  They stay here fairly late foraging in the disked up fields.  We always seem to get better looks at these guys in Oct/Nov/Dec.  

The Montezuma area will be alive with all sorts of waterfowl in November!  Late fall is a fabulous time for birds here.  We also generally see a Peregrine or two in the refuge.  The song birds will be gone, but all those arctic birds generally come down.

MAK, you are right, we should organize a get-together at the Refuge and show Bobbie the hot spots!  Don and I go there to bird every weekend we are able so we know the area well.  It is wonderful because you can actually see all the Bald Eagle nests once the leaves are off the trees! 

Suzanne

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 13-Sep-10, 08:58:04 AM »

No Bobbie I didn't fall out but I sure was excited! Lisa and I high fived and all 4 of us were grinning from ear to ear! We surely had luck on our sides. Maybe while you're here we could organize a get together with the watchers and meet you. wave

Yeah do it!  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 13-Sep-10, 08:59:34 AM »

Hey Bobbie...Yes, we did all of our watching within the boundaries of the Montezuma complex.  It is huge, though, and includes DEC, US Fish and Wildlife, and Audubon lands.  If you Google Montezuma Wildlife Refuge there should be a map of the big area.  You could also Google the Savannah Audubon Center for info.  I will check later to see if I can find some good sites for you and forward the links.

As for the Sandhill Cranes...they hang around the area pretty late.  Two years ago in November we went to the Mucklands (these are the fields where they grow potatoes) and saw about 40 Sandhills in the snow covered fields.  We actually drove down into the fields and got up close looks at them!!  Awesome!!  They stay here fairly late foraging in the disked up fields.  We always seem to get better looks at these guys in Oct/Nov/Dec.  

The Montezuma area will be alive with all sorts of waterfowl in November!  Late fall is a fabulous time for birds here.  We also generally see a Peregrine or two in the refuge.  The song birds will be gone, but all those arctic birds generally come down.

MAK, you are right, we should organize a get-together at the Refuge and show Bobbie the hot spots!  Don and I go there to bird every weekend we are able so we know the area well.  It is wonderful because you can actually see all the Bald Eagle nests once the leaves are off the trees! 

Suzanne

You guys would be cool to hang out with! Good for you, birders at their best.  2thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 13-Sep-10, 09:38:56 AM »

Team Peregrine: MAK,Suzanne,Don and Lisa

Osprey nest at Montezuma NWR

Eagle nest in Montezuma NWR

Spider webs in trees at Montezuma
They were everywhere
With the dew on them and the sun hitting them just right
It was an amazing sight to say the least

Red tail hawk while looking for Kodak falcon ( PPE-purple pigeon eater)

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 13-Sep-10, 09:58:28 AM »

Maybe while you're here we could organize a get together with the watchers and meet you. wave

I'm in...would love to meet you Bobbie while you are here.

BRAVO  clap clap  Congratulations to TEAM PEREGRINE on reaching your goal and a PEFA to boot!  I saw MAK on Sunday while looking for the KP falcon.  She was moving slow...and still worn out, but she had a wonderful time! I can't imagine finding 103 species in one day.

GOOD JOB TEAM!!
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 13-Sep-10, 10:20:55 AM »

Yeah do it!  clap

Oh my word, everyone! THANK YOU!! I am sooooooo excited that I might finally put faces to all these Forum names! Thank you again and again! I will email MAK before I get back with contact details - "doing" Montezuma with you all would be the biggest thrill!!! (You will then get to see what a total duffer I am! As a friend of mine from college used to say - and it applies here, I think: "We may not be good but we sure are loud!")
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 13-Sep-10, 11:01:51 AM »

Grin  Duffer, I like it!   Smiley

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 13-Sep-10, 11:23:54 AM »

Grin  Duffer, I like it!   Smiley

Duffer may refer to:

* Duffer (Narnia), invisible dwarves in the Chronicles of Narnia.
    * In Australian English, a cattle rustler.
    * an oaf
    * Related to the above, the word has been used in Australia as a description for dags.
    * In Chess terminology, a weak player.
    * A brand of clothing.
    * In Golf terminology, a below average player.
    * Duffer,an Italian rock-punk band.

Definition of DUFFER
a : a peddler especially of cheap flashy articles b : something counterfeit or worthless
: an incompetent, ineffectual, or clumsy person; especially :

(Bobbie, I think NOT) but it's a catchy word!  wave

OK then I'm a LOUD Duffer also!  devil

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: