THE FORUM

20-Sep-24, 04:32:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mapping the Kodak Park falcon watch  (Read 10816 times)
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 18-Oct-10, 08:33:11 PM »

I finally got over to Kodak Park (actually Eastman Business Park, since many of the buildings are now leased to other companies) this afternoon.  Carol was parked at the pull-off on Weiland Road and she pointed out the female Peregrine, who was tucked in on the east side of the blue power plant.  Since I'm a Kodak employee with an employee pass, I drove around the corner of Weiland Road and parked in the nearby visitor lot.  Across Weiland Road to the north is a large employee parking lot.  Just beyond the parking lot are a set of railroad tracks, and beyond those is the blue power plant building.  By walking to the edge of the parking lot (it's surrounded by a chain-link fence) I was able to get quite close.  The falcon was well in the shadows and her back was turned to me (she was snoozing much of the time) so I had no opportunity to spot a band, and the picture quality isn't the greatest.  Nonetheless, in better light, and with a scope from that location, we'd probably have a decent shot at reading a leg band.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-Oct-10, 09:19:42 PM »

Now that's a great pic Jim....thanks!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: