THE FORUM

21-Sep-24, 04:36:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Info help needed!  (Read 14515 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« on: 21-Sep-10, 08:20:10 PM »

I'm trying to fill in some history blanks.  Is there anyone around who might have-or know someone who might have-banding information from the Cabot-Sirocco & Mariah years?  Any pictures from those days would be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks in advance for any help or hints you can give me!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #1 on: 22-Sep-10, 05:16:41 AM »

Carol F would.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22-Sep-10, 07:18:46 AM »

I'm trying to fill in some history blanks.  Is there anyone around who might have-or know someone who might have-banding information from the Cabot-Sirocco & Mariah years?  Any pictures from those days would be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks in advance for any help or hints you can give me!

I don't have much from the C-S/M era, but I'll look to see what I have.  I don't believe anyone has banding information (except for the DEC).  I'll also check with Tom H.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-Sep-10, 11:28:30 AM »

Carol F would.

I wish I had more, but Carol P. or Shaky probably have better access at this point.  I will poke around in the archived stuff in MY computer, and see what I can come up with...
I think the earliest stuff I have is 2002.
Here's one from then...
Carol F
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-Sep-10, 12:20:52 PM »

Thanks Carol & Carol for whatever you can come up with!  It seems like everyone started saving stuff & keeping notes in 2002 when Kaver arrived...and when the KFC Yahoo group started.   

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 22-Sep-10, 02:01:48 PM »

2001 introduced the Kodak Birdcam discussion board, on which you could attach up to 3 pictures to a post.  The problem was that, at that time, the 4 available Birdcam cameras did not produce very good images, and I suspect viewers were not as sophisticated about things such as capturing/archiving images a decade ago.  Banding was also a pretty low-key affair, and the available consumer-grade digital cameras were in the 1-3MP range, so I can't say whether any pictures were taken at those early events.

I used a Kodak DC3400 to take pictures of the fledglings in 2001 and post them on the Kodak Birdcam board; a very primitive version of my Pereginations posts.  I used a teleconverter to extend the camera's 2x zoom range, but I recall most of the pictures being pretty poor quality, and I don't have any of them from that time.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
valhalla
« Reply #6 on: 22-Sep-10, 05:02:25 PM »

You know, Ei, this information might be worthwhile as filler, too.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-Sep-10, 05:38:11 PM »

2001 introduced the Kodak Birdcam discussion board, on which you could attach up to 3 pictures to a post.  The problem was that, at that time, the 4 available Birdcam cameras did not produce very good images, and I suspect viewers were not as sophisticated about things such as capturing/archiving images a decade ago.  Banding was also a pretty low-key affair, and the available consumer-grade digital cameras were in the 1-3MP range, so I can't say whether any pictures were taken at those early events.

I used a Kodak DC3400 to take pictures of the fledglings in 2001 and post them on the Kodak Birdcam board; a very primitive version of my Pereginations posts.  I used a teleconverter to extend the camera's 2x zoom range, but I recall most of the pictures being pretty poor quality, and I don't have any of them from that time.

Ah hah!  That explains why there wasn't a "community" earlier like there is now!  Lots of history for me to still learn.  I know technology wasn't as good-heck, I upgraded my film camera in 2000...just hoping to dig up whatever I can!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22-Sep-10, 05:38:53 PM »

You know, Ei, this information might be worthwhile as filler, too.

Oh, I'm keeping notes  Wink

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 268

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 22-Sep-10, 05:53:45 PM »

Here are a few images from May of 2001.

Paul
« Last Edit: 22-Sep-10, 07:53:48 PM by Paul Hamilton » Logged
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-Sep-10, 06:01:37 PM »

Here are a few i mages from May of 2001.

Paul

AWWW! Thank you!

valhalla
« Reply #11 on: 22-Sep-10, 07:30:04 PM »

Here are a few i mages from May of 2001.

Paul

AWWW! Thank you!

Thanks Paul and the "Baby" M is adorable.
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 22-Sep-10, 08:39:25 PM »

I found some pictures of pre-2002 bands.

Ranger from 2001 as an Adult in Toronto

Unknown eyas in 1998

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-Sep-10, 08:55:11 PM »

I found some pictures of pre-2002 bands.

Ranger from 2001 as an Adult in Toronto

Unknown eyas in 1998

Finally!  A safe-for-work picture of Ranger! Only one I had was the infamous duck picture-thanks!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 22-Sep-10, 09:54:19 PM »

I also found a picture of Mary Ann with her transmitter in 2000. It shows her black/red band but not well enough to read it.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: