THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 09:03:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rochester Falcons History Project! A Call for Volunteers!  (Read 26520 times)
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29-Nov-10, 08:45:46 PM »

I'm thinking that perhaps interviews can be done with people from the early days-- and with Dan who has a wealth of info but isn't on any form of technology. 

I wouldn't mind helping out!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29-Nov-10, 09:05:22 PM »

Thanks Joyce, Ginha and Jeanne!  This is going to be the best Falcon History ever!  WooHoo!   thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29-Nov-10, 09:13:21 PM »

Dale,

This is a great idea!  Your pictures and words are an important part of the Rochester Falcon History.  We would be honored to include them.  Thank you.   happy

Carol P.

Carol,

I don't have volunteer time now, but what I do have is DJ dale's falcon raps, which feature a lot of quirky M-K-and-eyas-related events and characteristics of at least a couple of years mid-decade. If any of that can be useful, do remember to let me know. I have that readily accessible. (I also have jpgs of falcon drawings from several years -- the 2005 ones, and maybe more, are actually labeled by name of eyas - but I can't imagine that would be of use in a history)

Actually, they would surely be useful as reminders of events!!  WhenI read them I am blown away at all the stuff I'd forgotten!!

Good idea.

Dale

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29-Nov-10, 09:17:31 PM »

Ei is very busy working on the Rochester Falcon Family Tree and she has offered to also help.  Thanks Ei!

dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 29-Nov-10, 10:53:16 PM »

Dale,

This is a great idea!  Your pictures and words are an important part of the Rochester Falcon History.  We would be honored to include them.  Thank you.   happy

Carol P.

well, I more meant that they would be useful in helping us remember some of the funny stuff, but whatever you want to do with them is fine. So the history doesn't get too dry. I mean, if a fledgling did something really stupid or funny, that could go in too!  Whoever is working on the mid-2000s M&K era can let me know and I'll send all of the raps (there were a LOT!) in a word file.
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 29-Nov-10, 10:57:04 PM »

Like Dale, I'm struggling a lot with time commitments now, so I'd rather not take responsibility for a main task, but I've got several years worth of falcon watch photos, with perhaps some stories to go with them, if anyone puts out a call for those.  

I've also got some falcon haiku, falcon limericks, and falcon poetry (which include some of DJ's creations) that I collected over a year or two ending in May 2007.  I'm sure I didn't get all of them, but I grabbed my favorites to a document that I still have, if that's useful, either as entertainment or history.  

I could also do something in the wee morning hours like help proof-read or edit (English major, ya' know...), if there is any need for that.
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30-Nov-10, 06:46:41 AM »

Ei is very busy working on the Rochester Falcon Family Tree and she has offered to also help.  Thanks Ei!

wave

(back to work)

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30-Nov-10, 07:33:43 AM »

Thanks Patti and Dale!  We'll know more how to go forward once we brainstorm ideas.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30-Nov-10, 12:00:22 PM »

Kathy O just volunteered!  Thanks Kathy.

Obviously the hardest part will be gathering information from the early years with Mariah & Cabot-Sirocco.  I've started sending emails to the folks that were running the old Kodak Birdcam way back then.  Hopefully we'll be able to get some pics/stories and detail from those early years.

A couple years ago, I actually sat down for a nice conversation with Mary Ann Giglio, George Fisher's administrative assistant, and had her write up the story of Mariah's arrival.  She also wrote up the story of George's first encounter with a young fledgling, pretty funny, and what happened to Maxine, when she was injured and rehabbed up in Canada.  All pretty neat stuff!  Thanks Mary Ann!   clap

Vandrefalk
Eyas

Like Count: 18

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30-Nov-10, 01:07:56 PM »

I just checked some of my old files -- back to 2002.  Have various pictures through the years -- some comments -- messages from Birdman, etc.  Maybe some of this will help?
Vandrefalk/Karen R
anneintoronto
« Reply #25 on: 01-Dec-10, 05:46:54 AM »

I would like to help, too, Carol.  I've already explained my limitations to you in a personal email, but am willing to do anything that you think I can...  I have photos from the beginning of the peregrine season 2004 to 2009 and they are fairly accessible, although I'm sure everyone has these, too.  I can use a word processor etc., but don't ask me to compose anything -- I don't know how to write anything briefly...  I'm sure you've all noticed!
Anyway, thank you for heading this up and for starting to get this organized!  I know you are a busy woman in your own right!!

Anne in Toronto
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01-Dec-10, 06:43:03 AM »

I just checked some of my old files -- back to 2002.  Have various pictures through the years -- some comments -- messages from Birdman, etc.  Maybe some of this will help?
Vandrefalk/Karen R

That's just the sort of thing we'll be looking for!

Ei

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 01-Dec-10, 07:22:54 AM »

Vandrefalk/Karen R

Thanks for starting the search Karen.  We will definitely need to look through everything everyone has.  I'm so glad that you saved some of the older stuff.   happy

Carol P.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01-Dec-10, 07:24:44 AM »

Thanks Anne!  I'm sure there will be lots of stuff to do to put this together.  Keep your pics handly, because we may definitely need them.

Carol P.

I would like to help, too, Carol.  I've already explained my limitations to you in a personal email, but am willing to do anything that you think I can...  I have photos from the beginning of the peregrine season 2004 to 2009 and they are fairly accessible, although I'm sure everyone has these, too.  I can use a word processor etc., but don't ask me to compose anything -- I don't know how to write anything briefly...  I'm sure you've all noticed!
Anyway, thank you for heading this up and for starting to get this organized!  I know you are a busy woman in your own right!!

Anne in Toronto

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 06-Dec-10, 12:58:13 PM »

Heard from Brad Carney and he is more than happy to help with the earlier Mariah/Cabot-Sirocco stuff.   clap

I'll be posting some information soon, so we can get started.

Thanks to all that have volunteered.  We could sure use some more help if anyone else is able to help out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: