THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 01:43:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: De Mortel - Netherlands  (Read 191279 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: 15-Apr-15, 11:00:55 AM »

Reading posted cam watchers observations on BCAW today..VM (1st new guy) sleeps nightly in the box or seeks refuge there when Pa's around like he knows Pa won't fight in there with the eggs. Today, it sounds like a 3rd male and another female are in the mix.  VV was off the eggs for quite a while, possibly battling with intruder female. VM 2 (2nd male) was in the box for a few minutes.  Posted on stream times VV was off eggs: 22 min, 3 min, 28 min, 20 min, 34 min, and last 54min.

Not looking good for the eggs..what a mess!   Sad

carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: 15-Apr-15, 01:51:40 PM »

There was a lot of battling with 3 or 4 falcons.At this moment it's quiet.It was a warm sunny day here.First summer day of the year.The temps in the 20 C .Tomorrow will be colder ,only 10 C...
Hope for the best.Greetings
NCAFalcons
Juvie

Like Count: 51

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: 15-Apr-15, 02:26:40 PM »

Reading posted cam watchers observations on BCAW today..VM (1st new guy) sleeps nightly in the box or seeks refuge there when Pa's around like he knows Pa won't fight in there with the eggs. Today, it sounds like a 3rd male and another female are in the mix.  VV was off the eggs for quite a while, possibly battling with intruder female. VM 2 (2nd male) was in the box for a few minutes.  Posted on stream times VV was off eggs: 22 min, 3 min, 28 min, 20 min, 34 min, and last 54min.

Yes, it was an absolute mess.

So, VM got displaced by VM2 today.  But I honestly think VM2 came in with a female & tried to take over tower because VV was leaving eggs and engaging.  This evening (box time), there was VV, Pa, Orange band (possible female), and VM2 seen on steam and captured on video. 

I think VV is engaging the female (orange).  At one point, Orange was in the box & VV was on the porch. She would not engage in box, so flew off.  When all were out, we had VV & Pa in the box with heavy bonding and a 3rd falcon on the porch, just watching.. So strange.  I have never seen anything like that before. There's so much more to this brief story and so hard to keep track of who was or wasn't in the box. 

surprise
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: 15-Apr-15, 05:34:03 PM »

This is sooooo disturbing. I can't watch it anymore, I don't know who is who anymore!! Sad, very sad.  Sad

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: 15-Apr-15, 06:26:26 PM »

Yes, it was an absolute mess.

So, VM got displaced by VM2 today.  But I honestly think VM2 came in with a female & tried to take over tower because VV was leaving eggs and engaging.  This evening (box time), there was VV, Pa, Orange band (possible female), and VM2 seen on steam and captured on video. 

I think VV is engaging the female (orange).  At one point, Orange was in the box & VV was on the porch. She would not engage in box, so flew off.  When all were out, we had VV & Pa in the box with heavy bonding and a 3rd falcon on the porch, just watching.. So strange.  I have never seen anything like that before. There's so much more to this brief story and so hard to keep track of who was or wasn't in the box. 

surprise

I was trying to keep up with all the comments that were being posted but was getting so confused.  It's been some very sad past few years for Pa.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: 16-Apr-15, 06:57:39 AM »

This is going on at De Mortel!! 49 minutes ago! It kills me this nest is under so much attack!!

http://youtu.be/DK3IMqXs3sA  One or both will get hurt, this is heartbreaking to watch!!
« Last Edit: 16-Apr-15, 07:08:34 AM by Donna » Logged

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: 16-Apr-15, 11:02:12 AM »

This is going on at De Mortel!! 49 minutes ago! It kills me this nest is under so much attack!!

http://youtu.be/DK3IMqXs3sA  One or both will get hurt, this is heartbreaking to watch!!

Who is this?!  I don't watch..just read some comments.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 16-Apr-15, 12:05:00 PM »

They said it was NOT Pa, maybe the 2 other males!! I don't watch, I just ask questions!!  Sad

carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 16-Apr-15, 12:26:33 PM »

They said it was NOT Pa, maybe the 2 other males!! I don't watch, I just ask questions!!  Sad
Correct.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 17-Apr-15, 06:51:33 AM »

MA (1 e body unringed later ringed on nest), S2 (ringed, shot and later deceased to infection by the green flesh fly) 2 OR (ringed, chased by VV) VV (unringed, chased and killed after a year 2 OR ). VV is still the dominant female although this year they regularly visited by mostly young German females.
PA (ringed no. Partially known) is continuously since 2005 as a territorial male on the tower but this year he has fierce competition from other males and he seems apparently driven out of his territory. As we saw yesterday, these males is not easy and there were right for the camera territory battles.
In a few days hopefully the first eggs, how this strange males respond to the boy? Can the female VV must only carry the boy, experienced male PA provides its prey or go sneak the odd men also bring prey? Exciting developments all! One thing is clear peregrines in De Mortel give us every year new and surprising insights into their behavior and lifestyle.

carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 17-Apr-15, 08:11:13 AM »

Thanks for posting.About the translation for the word boy,In the netherlands they say  "jongen" wich means the hatchlings/chicks.But the word jongen is also meaning boy as in boy/girl  jongen/meisje.
I don't think I made it easyer.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 17-Apr-15, 08:35:34 AM »

Thanks for posting.About the translation for the word boy,In the netherlands they say  "jongen" wich means the hatchlings/chicks.But the word jongen is also meaning boy as in boy/girl  jongen/meisje.
I don't think I made it easyer.....

Sure you did Carla! Thanks!!  handshake

carla
Tiercel

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 23-Apr-15, 06:29:14 AM »

We have a first hatch..........It 's quiet at the moment.There is a problem with the computer,at the moment no cams working at Beleef de Lente .Also no more livestreaming because someone "missused"
the streaming on another forum.If I am correct.VWG stopped the streaming !
I let you know if something changes.Greetings
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 23-Apr-15, 06:50:01 AM »

We have a first hatch..........It 's quiet at the moment.There is a problem with the computer,at the moment no cams working at Beleef de Lente .Also no more livestreaming because someone "missused"
the streaming on another forum.If I am correct.VWG stopped the streaming !
I let you know if something changes.Greetings

I was shocked to see this on fb. I never thought the eggs would hatch with all the upset there lately!! I hope this new male will take care of her and the babies!! I heard last week Pa was at the nest again! Is he waiting in the wings??? This is just a sad year for VV and Pa. Praying for some peace!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 23-Apr-15, 06:55:53 AM »

The clubhouse and other sites
Clubhouse, "alien" visitors, leftovers, sociability, copyrights, other sites, respect, values, acceptance rules and conditions and ................................................. Volunteers, moderators, BDL, wild birds, VWG Gemert and .... Oh yes the falcons!
First something about volunteers, VBN, Securicon, VWG Gemert and the many hours they devote to BDL. BDL for its many volunteers from January to July backstage entirely disinterested almost daily for several hours trying to accompany the images and processes to allow for you. Why do they do this? At least not for financial gain because of BDL costs money, lots of money. VBN will especially show how beautiful and fragile nature is, attention to birds and their habitats. BDL is a beautiful and good medium to bring the protection work to the attention of a wide audience. But also as a regular visitor to the CH, researchers, summarization, cliptippers, donors make an important and valuable contribution to the success of BDL 2015.
Securicon and VWG Gemert provide the technology they are here all year working on it, what could be better, how we realize that, what materials, what does it cost, radiation, safety, consultation Alticom protection peregrines, when we go up the tower, solve 24/7 interference, radio 538, 600 man-hours per year, etc ... .. To give you an idea what the costs and benefits for the Vogelwerkgroep to realize the peregrine cams and the images I mention here still some amount. 2014/2015: € 4,000.00 Grants, donations € 435.00. Expenditure € 9,680.00. It costs so money, lots of money, but we do like to let you enjoy these images.
The Clubhouse, "alien" visitors, leftovers, sociability, copyrights, other sites, respect, values, acceptance rules and conditions.
Yes why this list of facts? In recent years and this season we get many emails and phone calls from visitors BDL that they do not feel welcome in the clubhouse and will stay away. We see that the CH is dominated by a small group of regular visitors with their own "knowledge". Other incidental visitors experienced that in their ignorance and "defective" knowledge are ignored or are not welcome. This can of course never be the intention for the CH is for everyone! "Stupid questions" do not exist, "knowledge" would indeed have to share with everyone! We also see that the CH by the "permanent" visitors, just as in previous years, often used as a conduit to other peregrine / nature sites or other non peregrine related issues. Requests from our side to respect the forum terms and somewhat ignored after life.
Copyright and why do we so difficult?
We'll even turn the tables, create a website, you are investing € 10,000.00 in equipment and some 10-thousand euros to get images and streaming online on your website. Then you see your images almost instantly "free" to be published on other websites and youtube. Your own clip-maker does not even have the time to publish this through official channels. In fact this morning we saw that our live images were published on another site and it is in the clubhouse almost a true advertising campaign conducted for other sites. There are recent weeks even through BDL CH asked for donations for these other sites. You feel happy and would you accept it? We do not, copyright is violated and we find it disrespectful to all the volunteers and you, the viewer of BDL.
Unfortunately this morning we decided therefore the refresh images can be temporarily disengaged until the transfer of our live / refresh images on other channels would stop.
Needless we want to emphasize that our action had nothing to do with the message of Maaike in CH, Maaike placed in her ignorance and innocence a link to the relevant website which we found our pictures were shown.
Apologies to Maaike that here misunderstanding has arisen.

(Pretty sad someone is using this site for their own personal gain)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: