THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 10:17:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking MAK  (Read 331877 times)
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: 23-May-16, 06:40:56 AM »

Such a beautiful place!  What state are you in, I've forgotten?

Nora in Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 23-May-16, 09:59:55 AM »

I'm in northwest Arkansas Nora!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 23-May-16, 10:50:35 AM »

That's right!  I had forgotten. It certainly is God's country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 23-May-16, 02:13:32 PM »

That's right!  I had forgotten. It certainly is God's country!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It surely is Nora!  yes

-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 23-May-16, 09:45:35 PM »

Well MAK, you will be one busy lady with animal care.Your family has quite a pet collection.Of course,they have spacious area to check out but bet they like staying close to home. I can tell they are all animal lovers.It sure is beautiful part of our country,love those woods in back of their home.  This will be a wonderful trip for them after the hectic season and the events that take up one's time in the cancer war. Good for them to get away and how great you are there to help make it possible.     We are having what I would say is a delayed spring.Weather turning now though and warm days predicted.  Thanks for keeping us informed,I enjoy seeing the area and what nature gifts us.  Prayers will continue for your sister. Take care now!!   wave

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 24-May-16, 01:42:09 AM »

Thanks Diane-I always enjoy your comments! I'm in charge of 14 animals so yeah, I'm keeping busy!  6 Dogs, 5 cats, a horse, a rabbit and an aquarium full of fish between the two houses. 🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐶🐺🐺🐺🐺🐺🐎🐇🐠🐟
Take care!  wave

-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 24-May-16, 03:33:55 PM »

"HOLY COW"  Just a pun here.  Well,don't lose anyone or your name will go from MAK to MUD,Tee Hee!

Wonder what Milo thinks about you being the caregiver.

Congratulations on having selected Matilda's name.Quite an honor for you and well deserved as you are a dedicated "watcher" The babies are so darn cute at this stage of their development.

Take care now.   handshake   dogwag

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 24-May-16, 03:54:23 PM »

"HOLY COW"  Just a pun here.  Well,don't lose anyone or your name will go from MAK to MUD,Tee Hee!

Wonder what Milo thinks about you being the caregiver.

Congratulations on having selected Matilda's name.Quite an honor for you and well deserved as you are a dedicated "watcher" The babies are so darn cute at this stage of their development.

Take care now.   handshake   dogwag

I don't know what Milo thinks but I DID tell him no climbing trees while I'm in charge!!!  rofl I'm over the moon excited about naming a falcon Diane, I just wish I was home in Rochester to hang out with her and her siblings. God willing, I'll be home before they leave town!!  Roll Eyes

-John Burroughs
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 28-May-16, 03:41:54 PM »

How goes it everybody!?
   I've been busy animal sitting since last Sunday for my sister and niece while they're on vacation camping at some Chuckwagon races.and rodeo. I've seen lots of wildlife and countryside as I've gone out twice a day to check on Lorri's 3 cats, rabbit and 3 dogs. She took her 5 smallest dogs with her to make it easier for me!
   I started out with a hazy pic of the moon thru the trees in the front yard the first night. I've been watching a pair of Scissorstail Flycatchers courting out by the entrance to my sisters' driveway-the male has a longer tail than the female.I finally got a shot of one in flight which shows the tail split thus showing why they are called scissorstail.
   I finally got a couple half way decent pics of 2 pigs on the way to Lorri's on It'll Do Road. The cows have been crossing in front of me on the way down the dirt driveway and watching me after dark as I pass them in the pasture. I've seen bluebirds, turtles, a Red-tail Hawk, Eastern Kingbirds, young rabbits, goats, a Great Blue Heron, chickens and Mockingbirds.
   Milo, the cat continues to climb trees but not so high that he's afraid to come down on his own thankfully. I found a Killdeer sitting on eggs along the side of our road-she took off and I got a pic of them,there were 4. Sorry to say when I checked today they were gone-most likely a coyote or other critter ate them. Sad
I came across 2 Turkey Vultures trying to share a (road kill) Armadillo with a Black Vulture. Until next time-See ya! ☺
https://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaN3DFm0ZMWqkeg

http://youtu.be/kHg_Oz5D_3U

http://youtu.be/ccdhoXOMT2k

http://youtu.be/iKnNw6--WXU

http://youtu.be/ZMoiCkwmNXA

http://youtu.be/Oeygld7PGjU

-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 03-Jun-16, 12:27:07 PM »

Hi,Am catching up.Enjoying the pictures and videos,good work MAK.  I can't even imagine having that number of pets to care for,it must keep your niece pretty busy,just keeping track of them all would exhaust me.

Hope all is going well with your sister and I continue to raise her in prayer.  Take care now.  wave

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 03-Jun-16, 12:48:23 PM »

Hi,Am catching up.Enjoying the pictures and videos,good work MAK.  I can't even imagine having that number of pets to care for,it must keep your niece pretty busy,just keeping track of them all would exhaust me.

Hope all is going well with your sister and I continue to raise her in prayer.  Take care now.  wave

Thanks Diane!

I sure kept busy caring for all the animals but I enjoyed it!

We're waiting for a call to find out the date for Mary Ellen's double mastectomy surgery. Hoping it's soon as I'm anxious to get home and see Matilda and her siblings before they leave Rochester-I'll definitely miss their first flights!

Take care!  wave

-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 05-Jun-16, 11:17:04 AM »

I hope things move along so you can accomplish that.Am sure it is hard just viewing vs being their in person.

I do know the feeling of wanting to return home,time will"fly" and you will soon return. Your presence has been

such a relief for your sister,of that I am sure. Hang in.  Diane  star star

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: 05-Jun-16, 04:42:52 PM »

I hope things move along so you can accomplish that.Am sure it is hard just viewing vs being their in person.

I do know the feeling of wanting to return home,time will"fly" and you will soon return. Your presence has been

such a relief for your sister,of that I am sure. Hang in.  Diane  star star

I'm frustrated because I can only watch the falcons on live stream video for a few minutes at a time as my phone battery gets drained really fast and my sister has limited internet service so I don't get on my laptop for long either.
My sis and I were just talking about how we're gonna miss each other when I go home while grocery shopping earlier today. Sure wish we lived closer! 😕

-John Burroughs
Tapper Gal
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 05-Jun-16, 10:00:12 PM »

Just a quick response to that message.I know the feeling,my sister is in Michigan so visit in summer for a month.Used to go twice a year but too expensive now.It is amazing though how we are probably closer than if she lived near me!!!  I sure love her as i know you do your sister.  It is lucky to have friends and my church family which is a big support to me. That's it.Take care now.

Tapper Gal, AKA ,  Diane
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 06-Jun-16, 10:53:42 AM »

Just a quick response to that message.I know the feeling,my sister is in Michigan so visit in summer for a month.Used to go twice a year but too expensive now.It is amazing though how we are probably closer than if she lived near me!!!  I sure love her as i know you do your sister.  It is lucky to have friends and my church family which is a big support to me. That's it.Take care now.

You take care too Diane!  happy

-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: