THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 11:14:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 204   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2011 Pictures from the Rfalconcam cameras  (Read 1212210 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 22-May-11, 12:34:20 PM »

Personally, I think Beauty's instinct knows something is amiss. Now she relinquishes more to Archer.

Does anyone know what is the longest time for hatch?

I am getting sooooo apprehensive!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 22-May-11, 12:45:52 PM »

Personally, I think Beauty's instinct knows something is amiss. Now she relinquishes more to Archer.

I have thought for several days now that Beauty is starting to abandon the eggs.  She knows.  I think that Seneca's baby hatched at around 45 days if I remember right. 

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 22-May-11, 12:47:01 PM »

I really have thought the first egg would not hatch so what would be the time frame for the second egg?

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 22-May-11, 01:16:37 PM »

I  agree, Joyce.  B definitely knows something is amiss.   I wonder if instinctively she is giving up the eggs to keep Archer where she knows where she is?   Or am I anthropomorphizing again?
I was also just going to ask if anyone knows what is the longest time an egg has sat before a successful hatch.   I seem to remember someone posting about a surprise hatch after something like 44 days? 
I know one of you has an answer  :-)
ginha
Fledgling

Like Count: 58

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 22-May-11, 01:23:40 PM »

Giving the eggs some air
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 22-May-11, 01:24:12 PM »

I looked it up and Seneca's baby hatched at 42 days but they said on the CMNH Forum that " Hilliard hatched at 44 days".  When hatches are close, don't the females usually spend most of the time on the eggs?  Another question- if the eggs become abandoned by A & B, will the DEC remove them to determine what is wrong?

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 22-May-11, 01:27:32 PM »

Beauty's back
"Thanks Buster"

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 22-May-11, 01:36:09 PM »

I looked it up and Seneca's baby hatched at 42 days but they said on the CMNH Forum that " Hilliard hatched at 44 days".  When hatches are close, don't the females usually spend most of the time on the eggs?  Another question- if the eggs become abandoned by A & B, will the DEC remove them to determine what is wrong?
I knew you'd have the answer.  Thanks.  So, this first egg was laid on April 1 or 2?  Second egg arrived on the 8th of April, and the third egg came pretty quickly after if I recall.    She has expended a lot of energy keeping these eggs warm and dry for these past....almost two months!   Perhaps our miserble weather is part of it too?  
I think someone posted that just prior to hatch that Kaver would do more incubating duty at night.  Archer has certainly be spending a great deal of time on the eggs lately.  Why?  We don't know.  So many questions.

And I think we are all wondering if and when the DEC or another expert should perhaps be consulted.
Of course, out in the wild, unmonitored, these things happen as well.  It's just that we are so up close and personal in these falcons' lives.  
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 22-May-11, 02:29:46 PM »

I knew you'd have the answer.  Thanks.  So, this first egg was laid on April 1 or 2?  Second egg arrived on the 8th of April, and the third egg came pretty quickly after if I recall.    She has expended a lot of energy keeping these eggs warm and dry for these past....almost two months!   Perhaps our miserble weather is part of it too?  
I think someone posted that just prior to hatch that Kaver would do more incubating duty at night.  Archer has certainly be spending a great deal of time on the eggs lately.  Why?  We don't know.  So many
questions.
And I think we are all wondering if and when the DEC or another expert should perhaps be consulted.
Of course, out in the wild, unmonitored, these things happen as well.  It's just that we are so up close and personal in these falcons' lives.  

Actually, hard incubation didn't start until April 12th or 13th and those are the days that we start counting to hatch day.  As a rule, from what I've read, Peregrine eggs usually hatch between 29- 33 days from the start of hard incubation and hard incubation usually starts after the laying of the next to last or last egg so they all start developing at the same time. Today would be day 39 or 40 for hard incubation here.

margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 22-May-11, 03:10:57 PM »

So if we are at day 39 or 40, there is still a slight window for the eggs to hatch?   
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1615 on: 22-May-11, 06:23:39 PM »

Just looked at the cam. Leave the girl alone.  She looks content and sleepy. It's like she's saying "If they hatch, they hatch.  If they don't, they don't.". Archer seems to be taking care of both his girls. IMHO.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
ginha
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 22-May-11, 06:34:49 PM »

Beauty wants her spot

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 22-May-11, 06:36:54 PM »

So if we are at day 39 or 40, there is still a slight window for the eggs to hatch?   
The textbook average is 33-35 days of hard incubation.  Eggs have hatched after longer intervals.  No time right now for research, but aside from Seneca, the WAY overdue redtail hatch at NYU comes to mind.  

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
ginha
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 22-May-11, 09:13:37 PM »

Back scratching the Falcon way

ginha
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 23-May-11, 10:52:30 AM »

Time for Beauty to sit