THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pepsi Challenge for the kids!  (Read 30040 times)
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: 31-Jan-11, 10:50:18 PM »

B-B's up to 8th place as we near the deadline!  Thanks to all who voted!  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 31-Jan-11, 10:54:12 PM »

B-B's up to 8th place as we near the deadline!  Thanks to all who voted!  clap

Great news Kris! If we can help, we will.  clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 31-Jan-11, 10:57:50 PM »

Excellent! clap

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: 01-Feb-11, 07:44:32 AM »

Congratulations to B-B!

And now for the bad news. There will be no Pepsi Refresh Project for February and March, and when it returns in April, there won't be a category for animals. There will, however, be a new Pepsi Challenge. This is a different contest with its own set of rules, yet to be announced. Hopefully it will be similar to the Pepsi Challenge 2 years ago that awarded cash prizes to the top 200 to receive votes.
« Last Edit: 01-Feb-11, 08:52:25 AM by Shaky » Logged
annieinelkhart
Juvie

Like Count: 23

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 01-Feb-11, 07:54:57 AM »

UMMMM Sorry to hear Pepsi doesn't want to include any categories for helping animals.  I know the HUGS project got their $25,000. and are so thrilled for the help.  We all thank all of you for helping with that one!   clap

Congrats to the winners this month, glad to repay the favor by helping someone else's cause!  Keep us informed of any new ones with the coming months.   clap

EVERY DAY I THANK OUR TROOPS FOR ALL THEY DO FOR US!  IT IS THE LEAST I CAN DO!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 01-Feb-11, 08:08:13 AM »

Congratulations to B-B!

And now for the bad news. There will be no Pepsi Refresh Project for February and March, and when it returns in April, there won't be a category for animals. There will, however be a new Pepsi Challenge. This is a different contest with its own set of rules, yet to be announced. Hopefully it will be similar to the Pepsi Challenge 2 years ago that awarded cash prizes to the top 200 to receive votes.

Oh wow, how sad. Animals need so much help, as do people. Oh well, just have to wait and see what's in store. Congrats Byron, well done. Sorry Rosemary, we tried. Sad

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: 01-Feb-11, 08:54:40 AM »

Oh wow, how sad. Animals need so much help, as do people. Oh well, just have to wait and see what's in store. Congrats Byron, well done. Sorry Rosemary, we tried. Sad

Although animal causes won't be a part of the Pepsi Refresh Project, they may be eligible for the Pepsi Challenge.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 01-Feb-11, 10:28:08 AM »

Congratulations to B-B!

And now for the bad news. There will be no Pepsi Refresh Project for February and March, and when it returns in April, there won't be a category for animals. There will, however, be a new Pepsi Challenge. This is a different contest with its own set of rules, yet to be announced. Hopefully it will be similar to the Pepsi Challenge 2 years ago that awarded cash prizes to the top 200 to receive votes.
So sorry to hear that there won't be an opportunity to make Rosemary a winner too. But I'm so happy that B-B was one of the winners this month!  thanx from all the kids who will benefit with a new playground!                                                     
                                                                  flowers

valhalla
« Reply #83 on: 01-Feb-11, 03:04:59 PM »

congrats thanx Thanks everyone and Congrats for the Kids.  2thumbsup Truthfully?  I had doubts that either would make it, as there have been reports and allegations of professional cheating in November (offshore, blind accts, etc. etc).  suspicious Maybe Pepsi can get things cleaned up and back on track by April. playnice  Rosemary tried before and didn't even get this close, so there is always next time.  If you are in the Catskills, you could go visit the farm.  Wink Thanks again!
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 10-Nov-11, 03:00:31 PM »

Here's an article posted in The Batavian about the recently dedicated playground that your Pepsi Challenge votes made possible:

Members of the Byron-Bergen Central School District community, the Playground Committee and elementary students cut the ribbon to celebrate the Byron-Bergen Elementary School’s recent playground ribbon-cutting ceremony.

BERGEN — Byron-Bergen Elementary School recently held its playground ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate the connection between the school and community members who worked together to provide a new and upgraded playground.

The original playground, built 23 years ago, was dedicated to former Byron-Bergen Elementary Teacher Helene Forsythe-Hough.

The new playground, completed in August this year, is safe, handicap accessible, and built entirely by community and school volunteers, with the help of a $50,000 Pepsi Refresh Grant.

During the ceremony Elaine Bezon, Byron-Bergen reading teacher and daughter of Forsythe-Hough, thanked the community for all their hard work in raising money to provide a new playground.

Byron-Bergen Elementary students Ashley Schlenker-Stephens, Brody Baubie, Ava Wagoner, Elli Schelemanow, Joseph Damick, and Rick Hubbard joined Byron-Bergen Elementary Principal Keith Wing and Elaine Bezon in cutting the ribbon to celebrate the completion of the playground.

Students from the elementary and high school choruses closed the event with the song “I have a brand new playground,” led by music teachers Karen Tischer and Laurence Tallman.

“It’s nice that the little kids have new things to play on,” said Chloe Torres Brown, a third-grader, who admitted that she enjoys climbing the new rock and playing inside the fire truck.

All agreed that the playground is a fun and safe place for Byron-Bergen students to play.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 10-Nov-11, 07:56:35 PM »

good news

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: