THE FORUM

24-Oct-24, 11:16:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Irondequoit Bay Bald Eagles  (Read 19048 times)
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« on: 13-Feb-11, 05:13:51 AM »

Saw this on the D&C website this morning... anyone know anything about it?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20110213/NEWS01/102130346/-1/IRONDEQUOIT/Irondequoit-Bay-eagle-case-tests-land-rights
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 13-Feb-11, 09:02:23 AM »

If Danny thinks I'm ever setting foot in Bazil again, he's got another think coming. The same goes for Mario's, The Crab Shack, and the car wash he wants to build in Brighton.  thumbsdown

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-Feb-11, 09:08:04 AM »

If Danny thinks I'm ever setting foot in Bazil again, he's got another think coming. The same goes for Mario's, The Crab Shack, and the car wash he wants to build in Brighton.  thumbsdown

WHAT SHAKY SAID!!! (And I MEAN those CAPITAL LETTERS!)

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-Feb-11, 09:34:07 AM »

Bravo!

Guru
Fluffball

Like Count: 6

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13-Feb-11, 11:12:49 AM »

Touch the trees Danny and it's off to the Brooke House for me from now on!  Where roughly is the nest?  I would love to get out there with my binoculars.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-Feb-11, 01:44:11 PM »

does the man know just how many birders are out there?  stupid If word got out and all birders refused to use his businesses. He would be in a world of hurt. Even folks who aren't into birds are usually into   heart Bald Eagles  heart
If I lived in your area they would be on my banned business list. I'm just saying BOYCOTT is an option
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-Feb-11, 03:58:38 PM »

I am FUMING!  I had heard something about this earlier but seeing this has really aggravated me.  I will never patronize any of his businesses nor would I ever buy a jar of his overpriced sauce that is sold at Wegmans.  (I wouldn't to begin with but I certainly won't now).  He is a disgrace to Italians.  nono

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-Feb-11, 05:04:28 PM »

Boo Hiss!   thumbsdown

Peregrines know no borders.....
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13-Feb-11, 10:34:02 PM »

I've never been to ANY of his establishments nor will I ever! JACKWAGON! thumbsdown

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 14-Feb-11, 12:00:46 AM »

Evidently, there were other environmental restraints that Daniele knew about when he bought the land- according to someone who commented on this earlier article

http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/articles/2010/10/ENVIRONMENT-Mario-Daniele-vs-the-eagles-nest/

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-Feb-11, 04:57:22 AM »

Evidently, there were other environmental restraints that Daniele knew about when he bought the land- according to someone who commented on this earlier article

http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.com/news/articles/2010/10/ENVIRONMENT-Mario-Daniele-vs-the-eagles-nest/

And just look at that sincere, hurt expression. Bless! Poor unfortunate lad.
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-Feb-11, 07:34:12 AM »

Does this geezer have a website on which we could comment? Or... is that a tad too "emphatic" on the part of birders - a "more harm than good" kinda thing?? I always have to stop and think before mouthing off... (not a bad idea for the likes of me...)
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 14-Feb-11, 07:41:50 AM »

A Google search turned up an interesting tidbit. Mario's restaurant is listed as an Italian Consulate.

So let me get this straight.  The Daniele family, which works for the Italian government, wants to sue the citizens of New York for a million dollars because the national symbol of the United States of America is nesting on their property. One has to wonder how they will use the money.

Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14-Feb-11, 07:47:38 AM »

A Google search turned up an interesting tidbit. Mario's restaurant is listed as an Italian Consulate.

So let me get this straight.  The Daniele family, which works for the Italian government, wants to sue the citizens of New York for a million dollars because the national symbol of the United States of America is nesting on their property. One has to wonder how they will use the money.

Shaky! Get outa here!!!

So... make a move, do we? Or just let it sit and let the bad publicity take over?

(Wonder if he is pals with Berlusconi, that paragon of virtue... no, I cannot spell that, but I think people get it...)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 14-Feb-11, 07:50:59 AM »

Shaky! Get outa here!!!

So... make a move, do we? Or just let it sit and let the bad publicity take over?

(Wonder if he is pals with Berlusconi, that paragon of virtue... no, I cannot spell that, but I think people get it...)

I'd be honored to have a Bald Eagle at my place of business. Tell me that wouldn't draw attention? What a beautiful sight that would be. Can anything be done?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: