THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 03:28:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1321184 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #2100 on: 05-Jun-12, 06:49:25 AM »

!!! Introducing Blaze,Mira and Amora
June 05, 2012 - Toronto - Don Mills
Frank Butson Reports:

Today fellow volunteer Rob Mueller and I had the pleasure/priviledge of attending the banding at Harlequin. Rob got some great shots that he has graciously shared and Ive added a few of my own to tell the story.

Before the banding started several folks watched Quest and her chicks from the street outside. Quest brought in a meal for the chicks shortly before they were collected.

Inside Harlequin headoffice, a large group gathered to see the banding which was filmed and was also being seen live at Harlequins office in New York. That is the picture in a picture on the screen behind Mark Nash in the photos. You can see Quests satellite transmitter in the pics of her. As you can see by her chicks and bringing in the food,it isnt inhibiting her at all!

The chicks Blaze,Amora and Mira came out one by one to meet their adoring public.  Donna Hayes opened the banding with many kind words of support and a great introduction. On behalf of Harlequin Enterprises  Donna (CEO of Harlequin) presented Mark and Marion Nash with a sizeable and much appreciated donation. Donna then was called upon to assist Ministry of Natural Resources biologist and long time friend of CPF Mark Heaton in banding the first chick  Blaze.

More photos will come from the many gathered Im sure so dont be alarmed if you dont appear in any photos seen yet,there are thousands our CPF friends are sorting through.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2012/06/sightings/introducing-blazemira-and-amora/ Photos here

(Thanks BigFrank, Amora it is)  clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: 05-Jun-12, 10:26:38 AM »

!!! Don Mills Banding a sucess! June 4th - 2012 - 2 females and 1 male!
June 04, 2012 - Toronto - Don Mills
CPF Postmaster Reports:

June 4th - 2012
Banding was hosted again this year at the Harlequin head office in Don Mills Ontario with a record attendance crowd! A huge thank you to all involved that made the banding such a great success. Behind the scenes, Harlequin staff pulled together yet another incredible event that will be remember by all for sure.

A big thank you to Solar Window washing and their staff who provided both the equipment, delivery, set-up and manpower to assemble the swing stage that once again got us to the nest ledge allow access to the nest ledge and the young hatchlings.

A big thank you also goes out to Berkley Property management and the board of directors of MTCC 918 for all of their assistance and support, and to Mark Heaton and the Aurora District office of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources for their support in banding.

Lastly, and certainly not least, a big than you to both the CPF staff and volunteers that were on hand (both on the window washers swing stage to do the extraction of the young hatchlings, and theos that were at the banding and behind the scenes) that were involved in coordinating and assisting with the event.

The three star attractions arrived in fine form, no worse for ware, and were sexed, banded, checked for health, named and returned to the nest box and their parents in record time. Just moments prior to the window washers swing stage arriving at the nest box to do the extraction, Quest had flow in with a freshly prepared pigeon, and each of the young hatchlings had full crops at the banding table, so their weights are slightly heavier (by approx. 20 grams).

The three hatchlings particulars are as follows:
1. - 600 gram male - 27 days old, - named Blaze - banded Black R over 41 - with Blue tape
2. - 845 gram female - 24 days old - named Amora - banded Black S over 13 - with Red tape
3. - 745 gram female - 26 days old - named Mira - banded Black S over 14 - with Green tape

Both Quest (the resident adult female) and Kendal (the resident adult male) were on hand to supervise the activities of the extraction team out on the swing stage, and we can report that both adult parents resumed parental activities moments after their young hatchlings were returned to the nest box.

We are waiting for all many of the photos that are soon to come in, so stay tuned…..
Some of the outside photos included with this posting are from Bill Longo,
Thanks Bill for sending these into us so quickly! Great shots!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2012/06/sightings/don-mills-banding-a-sucess-june-4th-2012-2-females-and-1-male/ pics here

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: 05-Jun-12, 08:06:06 PM »

Q & K
Mira, the biggest and the loudest!
Blaze, he looks thrilled!

Some more great pics by Ann B
« Last Edit: 05-Jun-12, 10:09:28 PM by Donna » Logged

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: 05-Jun-12, 08:53:24 PM »

Q & K
Mira, the biggest and the loudest!

Some more great pics by Ann B

Wonderful, wonderful pictures by Ann.  Thank  you!   Quest is breathtakingly beautiful! She is strong; you can see it in her pictures.   I love that Mira was named for Mariah.   
Who selected the names?  Harlequin people?  They picked great names!   
They "sound" like Harlequin Romance novel names...."Blaze"   "Amora"   "Mira"  ...love them. 
If only we would hear where little Harlie is now....
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: 05-Jun-12, 11:16:59 PM »

Hope to meet you there WW!   wave

Looking forward to seeing you girls there. WW is Winnie by the way  happy

Hello Winnie!  Nice to meet ya!   happy
[/quote]

It was very nice meeting you Winnie!  So glad you could make it to Quest & Kendall's banding day! 

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:13:05 AM »

Quest teaching them the ropes!  devil

Why are they still there? Last year also, the ropes were there for a day or 2 or 3.

« Last Edit: 06-Jun-12, 09:21:24 AM by Donna » Logged

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:20:39 AM »

One of the little ones is out of the nestbox and on the ledge scared blue

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
kat
Fledgling

Like Count: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:20:57 AM »

And, they're off!! ACK!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:21:42 AM »

1 out!!!!!!

kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:24:29 AM »

Just off camera, Quest is on the protruding bit of the ledge. I wonder if she's encouraging them out? (Giving us all heart attacks, is more like it!)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:32:23 AM »

Just off camera, Quest is on the protruding bit of the ledge. I wonder if she's encouraging them out? (Giving us all heart attacks, is more like it!)

The way they were acting, I knew the bravest would go. It happens!  hyper

kat
Fledgling

View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:39:21 AM »

I'm not going to get any work done today. I don't even think I can go to the bathroom! Wink
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:40:39 AM »

I'm not going to get any work done today. I don't even think I can go to the bathroom! Wink

Yup, your done Kat, put the paper work down!

margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:41:06 AM »

The way they were acting, I knew the bravest would go. It happens!  hyper

heart
:Be safe little ones.  This is the  ledge-walking phase for them; heart palpitations time for us!
 wub2
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: 06-Jun-12, 09:47:03 AM »

Chillin!
« Last Edit: 07-Jun-12, 10:24:22 AM by Shaky » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 139 140 [141] 142 143 144 145 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: