THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 03:11:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 206   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quest and Kendal - Toronto/Don Mills  (Read 1316842 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 28-Apr-11, 11:12:44 AM »

Great story BF, you just never know what could happen on a watch.  clap

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:42:07 PM »

wave   Frank it was a thrill for me to meet you and the CPF gang. It made me feel important rubbing elbows with all of you. I too, have gone places and done things I never thought I would. There is a bond we all share...our love for falcons and nature! I started out as a lurker on the forum during Mariah and Kavers last brood and now I go on a falcon watch practically every day! They have DEFINITELY inspired me out of a low spot in my life! And a bonus of making many very good friends.  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 28-Apr-11, 03:44:46 PM »

wave   Frank it was a thrill for me to meet you and the CPF gang. It made me feel important rubbing elbows with all of you. I too, have gone places and done things I never thought I would. There is a bond we all share...our love for falcons and nature! I started out as a lurker on the forum during Mariah and Kavers last brood and now I go on a falcon watch practically every day! They have DEFINITELY inspired me out of a low spot in my life! And a bonus of making many very good friends.  Grin

No more  lurker for you MAK!! Now your unstoppable!!

valhalla
« Reply #348 on: 28-Apr-11, 05:50:54 PM »

No more  lurker for you MAK!! Now your unstoppable!!

happy   pray
Bonnie
Tiercel

Like Count: 45

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: 28-Apr-11, 07:51:51 PM »

Rochester Falcon People have an even farther reach.  Because of the group, I now watch 55 Water Street, 101 Hudson in Jersey City and Riverside Church peregrines.  My reports and pictures are at all three sites.  You cannot know how appreciative the folks at all three places are.  They love knowing what happens to the falcons after they fledge and they LOVE the pictures.

I encourage everyone to get out and see their local peregrine falcons.  It is truly exciting.  You never know what will happen next.  I never suspected where this would lead. 

Then I got into eagles...  That's an off peregrine season thing.

“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wingsâ€
William Blake
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: 28-Apr-11, 08:12:29 PM »

MAK, you are pretty awesome too!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
BIGFRANK
« Reply #351 on: 29-Apr-11, 05:15:35 PM »

Incredible Shots Of Quest
April 29, 2011 - Toronto - Don Mills
Frank Butson Reports:
CPF volunteer and ace photographer,Ann Brokelman sends along these incredible shots of Quest. Neither rain nor snow prevented Ann from getting these pictures! WOW,OUTSTANDING,are the only words I can think of.(they may take awhile to load but hang in,its worth it)

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/2011/04/sightings/incredible-shots-of-quest/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: 29-Apr-11, 05:29:31 PM »

Not sure about the rest of you but most times the pics on the CPF site take a long time to load. I have a fairly new PC and I can't get them to load. These are taking a long time. 4 minutes and still loading.  Sad

BIGFRANK
« Reply #353 on: 29-Apr-11, 05:33:48 PM »

Ok Incase they just arent working right now,these are a few that are just too good to make you wait.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: 29-Apr-11, 05:40:21 PM »

Ok Incase they just arent working right now,these are a few that are just too good to make you wait.

Oh My Goodness!  These are incredible shots BigFrank!  Please give Ann our thanks for taking these gorgeous shots of Quest.  They are quite beautiful.  Thanks for posting them.   notworthy clap thumbsup

Carol P.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: 29-Apr-11, 05:43:46 PM »

WOW, these ARE Gorgeous pics. THANK YOU BF for posting them and a big thanks to Ann for a work of art.

BIGFRANK
« Reply #356 on: 29-Apr-11, 05:56:23 PM »

A few more!
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #357 on: 29-Apr-11, 06:04:27 PM »

spectacular photos.

I'm amazed at how invisible the harness is.  I'm not clear on how the feathers grow around it
Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:12:25 PM »

Wow!
Gobsmacked, just gobsmacked.
Thanks, Ann and Frank.

Paul
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: 29-Apr-11, 07:30:15 PM »

BigFrank, thank you and thank you to Ann!!!  Beautiful!  These are some of the closest photos we have seen since Quest was on the Cape!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 ... 206   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: