THE FORUM

29-Mar-24, 05:24:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256226 times)
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 03-Apr-16, 01:48:35 PM »

I don't know whose those were but I expect they are old.  Still time for eggs for Linn, maybe she is hiding them because people keep spying on her  blindfold
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 03-Apr-16, 02:03:20 PM »

I suspect those are last years eggs. Still sad to see.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 03-Apr-16, 02:09:06 PM »

It is always sad to see eggs which have been lost or abandoned. Still, I think that these three eggs are at least a year old. They are so dried out, chalky white and brittle-looking; they very much resemble very old eggs which I have seen at other sites where they remained in the nest for up to a year and a half.

It is still fairly early, and I am hopeful that Linn and George will be able to have eggs this year.
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 05-Jun-16, 05:47:45 AM »

!! Surprise, Surprise, Surprise,,,, Two very healthy hatchlings!!!
June 04, 2016 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages
Mark Nash Reports:

June 4th - 2016
With a short brake from the bandings, I was finally able to get back to finishing our site visits in an effort to get an update on what’s been happening at several of the other nest sites,, as we’re looking for second clutches and new hatches. Today, I was able to complete and visit three sites, including the Scarborough Yellow Pages nest site at Progress and Milner in Scarborough.

With the support of Paul, I attended the upper roof top walkway and checked the new nest location of Linn and her new mate. While the resident adult male was no where to be seen during my visit,, Linn was on site, and in fine form!! Linn, the long standing resident adult female greeted us moments after exiting the door to the upper roof walkway.

We were quickly reminded that “she” is the lord and master and that the upper elevations are hers, and hers only. It was quite obvious that we were not welcomed guests!! With Paul defending, I was able to briefly pop up and looked over the top of the retaining wall ledge and snapped a couple of photos of the nest ledge below.

Just at that moment, I felt the sting on the top of my head as Linn made yet another full contact hit! Paul and I quickly headed for the cover behind the retaining wall, eventually making our way around the south side of the building, and finally to safety and under cover behind the exit door. The entire event was something out of Alfred Hitchcock’s horror movie “The Birds”,, but this time we were the victim’s !!!! Oh my goodness, this girl is a no-nonsense peregrine!!

During the brief encounter, (yes we were being aggressively pursued, dive-bombed and stooped on with full contact hits), I was able to snap a few photos of Linn as she kited above us during her set ups for additional stoops and dive-bombing runs.

Lets just say, it would be understatement to say that we were both pleased to be off the roof and under cover!

Much to my delight, I was able to confirm that there was at least two very healthy hatchlings on the nest ledge! While there may have been a third hatchling under the overhang, there was no way I was going to hang around with my back exposed to Linn any longer with this bird. The photos should tell the story.

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 05-Jun-16, 08:04:55 AM »

Surprise indeed!! She's brutal!!  devil  Glad she has 2 to raise!!  heart heart

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 05-Jun-16, 09:18:48 AM »

Surprise indeed!! She's brutal!!  devil  Glad she has 2 to raise!!  heart heart

Linn says, "I am my mother's daughter!"  Of the 3 M&K females in Toronto from Rochester (Rhea Mae, Linn, & Quest) Linn is the closest in fierceness to Mariah.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 05-Jun-16, 09:26:29 AM »

I didn't realize Linn's mate was from NY too...CPF site said George hatched in 2013 on the North Grand Island Bridge. Linn was always great at giving them a hard time..they did get some great pics though! She looks and acts like her mother!

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 05-Jun-16, 05:41:29 PM »

I look at Linn and I see Mariah! Love her! So happy she has little ones! What a fierce mom!  heart wub2

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 05-Jun-16, 08:15:46 PM »

She is fierce!!!!  So happy she has babies!

For a look back at her mama:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqv_hJaBJ_E

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 05-Jun-16, 08:42:13 PM »

Mariah & Linn

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 05-Jun-16, 09:20:00 PM »

I didn't realize Linn's mate was from NY too...CPF site said George hatched in 2013 on the North Grand Island Bridge. Linn was always great at giving them a hard time..they did get some great pics though! She looks and acts like her mother!

Yep, the Rochester/Buffalo connection in Toronto.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: 05-Jun-16, 10:43:04 PM »

Yep, the Rochester/Buffalo connection in Toronto.

thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 13-Jun-16, 10:12:09 PM »

3 beautiful eyas. 2 female and 1 male.  Thanks to Ann B for the info!!

Yellow Pages pair of peregrine falcons. Too much work to do right now but will try and get tags tomorrow. What an amazing pair of falcons protecting their 3 babies

Didn't Mark say 2 babies???? Where was the 3rd??  Shocked

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 13-Jun-16, 10:28:41 PM »

Thanks for the update Donna! Anne-you do a great job up there bringing us news and pics!!  clap thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 13-Jun-16, 10:31:18 PM »

Names etc.

pics by Ann B

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: