THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 06:14:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Linn (2007) - Scarborough/Yellow Pages  (Read 256138 times)
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« on: 05-May-11, 06:52:35 PM »

Some of you were wondering...where is Linn?  This was posted a few minutes ago on the Canadian Peregrine Foundation website...

!!! Yellow Pages Has Four Eggs!!
May 05, 2011 - Scarborough - Yellow Pages

Tracy Simpson Reports:

This afternoon, Marion and I took a trip up to the Yellow Pages nest to try and confirm the what and the where of the matter and had quite an exciting experience.  We walked the circumference of the building roof, fully expecting an exuberant adult to come charging in and yet managed to walk around and check each of the ledges without any interference…   …yet.  After seeing no adults and not one egg, we went for round two of the roof and to our delight were greeted by the adult female on the north side of the building.  Given her presence, vocalizations and swoops at us we knew that we must be close.  Another check of the northern ledges and we finally located the male on 4 eggs!!  He had squished himself into the corner of the ledge, a ledge which has ample room by the way, so that all that could be seen was his tail and wing tips.  He was all snuggled in there and sound asleep until the female sent up the alarm.  I was able to take lots of pictures of both resident adults and we have identified the female as Linn, a 2007 hatch from Rochester, New York.  We cannot confirm the identity of the male as of yet but it is suspected to be Rueben.  We will certainly be watching this site for a hatch and a confirmation on the resident male.  I will post pictures from today once I have had a chance to resize them so check back soon!!

http://www.peregrine-foundation.ca/w/c/sightings/scarborough-yellow-pages/

WAY TO GO LINN!
Joyce
« Last Edit: 03-Apr-16, 09:13:54 AM by Shaky » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05-May-11, 06:56:46 PM »

This is just getting better and better. OH THANK YOU JOYCE!!!The girls are all in Canada. 4 eggs too. My  heart is palping once again!!!.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-May-11, 07:06:28 PM »

So I guess we can assume this is her and her mate?  heart

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-May-11, 07:11:01 PM »

yippee yippee yippee yippee

This is where she was seen when she was first ID'd up there back in ? ? ?  I wonder if she's had eggs before or if she was the female with the unhatched eggs the past couple of years there?  I don't know if they were ever able to ID who was there...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-May-11, 07:13:14 PM »

Wonderful news!     clap

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-May-11, 07:20:51 PM »

Thank you CPF!!!  Wonderful news!!

carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-May-11, 08:13:30 PM »

Okay...how many more of you are there???!!  Lol...great news, yay!   notworthy notworthy

(you know my secret theory that Angel may be a sibling of Mariah may not be so far fetched after all   Roll Eyes)
« Last Edit: 05-May-11, 08:19:47 PM by carly » Logged
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-May-11, 08:21:25 PM »

This is fabulous news!!!!!!  I remember when Linn was there a few years ago!  Thank you so much CPF!!!!!!!!!!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-May-11, 08:28:25 PM »

yippee yippee yippee yippee

This is where she was seen when she was first ID'd up there back in ? ? ?  I wonder if she's had eggs before or if she was the female with the unhatched eggs the past couple of years there?  I don't know if they were ever able to ID who was there...

Ei - Linn was at Scarborogh-Bell in 2009. At that time, CPF thought that Reuben might be “servicing” two diferent females at two different nest sites.  Lawrie was at Yellow Pages.  Maybe Linn bided her time and has now paired with Reuben.  I haven't checked to see how far apart Bell and Yellow Pages are.

What is it with Canadian males servicing two females????

Joyce
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-May-11, 08:33:09 PM »

Ei - Linn was at Scarborogh-Bell in 2009. At that time, CPF thought that Reuben might be “servicing” two diferent females at two different nest sites.  Lawrie was at Yellow Pages.  Maybe Linn bided her time and has now paired with Reuben.  I haven't checked to see how far apart Bell and Yellow Pages are.

Joyce

Ah hah!  All I really remember without doing some digging (too tired tonight) is she was first seen at the building with the hack box in Scarborough...thanks!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05-May-11, 08:44:55 PM »

Joyce

Checked on his background on the site and Rueben is/was an American born tiercel.   Maybe it's the Canadian beer  devil

The male at this nest site is named Rueben, and he is from the nest site at the Busch agricultural complex in Manitowoc, Manitowoc Country, Wisconsin. He was banded on May 9th, 2003, and has a black-over-green band on his left leg
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 05-May-11, 09:25:58 PM »

This is such GREAT news!  M&K girls are strong, fierce Falcons.  Lots of good genes.   clap

When Linn was first seen, she was at Scarborough Bell on the hack box that was used to hack Tybropa Cree.  He was actually seen with Linn before he made the trip across the lake and met Mariah.  This is turning into quite the Peyton Place.   happy

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05-May-11, 09:48:56 PM »

Wow. Step away for a few hours and all this news breaks.  Wonderful news about Linn.   I need a scorecard once more.  Our Rochester falcons are all over Canada spreading the genes of M and K.    This is so amazing to me that we can follow these magnificent creatures as they do what comes naturally! If we look at the blend....it's people, and technology, and nature and people, and nations and people, and organizations and nature, all coming together because of these creatures we love and support and admire. It is a privilege to observe the lives of these creatures from far and near. 
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 05-May-11, 10:09:47 PM »

What I want to know is Where the Boys are? our girls have gone to Canada so where are the boys, especially Zephyr? (I've wondered if he is the one in Buffalo last year, what was it an old grain elevator?)
dale
Falcon

Like Count: 276

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 05-May-11, 10:19:38 PM »

Excellent!!! I was just thinking about that bird!
I emailed the great news to Linn Pierson's friends.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: