THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 01:59:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patti's Grand Canyon vacation  (Read 6102 times)
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« on: 03-Aug-11, 09:54:21 PM »

After only three months, I've finally finished my Grand Canyon Photo Album.  It's REALLY big, so if you're interested, you might open the link in a new browser tab and come back to it on a rainy day.  happy

I dragged Jeane, both my sisters and one brother-in-law along on this trip; it was a 50th birthday challenge for me and everybody helped me celebrate.  We've done some tough hikes in our lives, but this was a REALLY tough one, but spectacularly beautiful, and everyone emerged with intact joints!

Anyway, here is the "navigate using the thumbnails" version (but note that there are multiple pages of thumbnails):
http://photos.bellhanley.com/Trips/Hiking/Grand-Canyon-2011

Within there you can click the slideshow button if you prefer a slideshow format, or click the main photo to view it in a larger size.

If you really don't feel like viewing the whole thing and are just interested in birds, here's a link (generated using keywords) to the birds of the trip:
http://photos.bellhanley.com/keyword/arizona-2011-bird

Patti
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03-Aug-11, 10:00:01 PM »

534 pics!!! This will take me until Saturday! Maybe by then, Shaky will be working on his Alaskan trip!! NO, it's more like this!!

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 03-Aug-11, 10:03:36 PM »

534 pics!!! This will take me until Saturday!

Yeah...it's a bit excessive, but I took about 1000 pictures, and both of my sisters (some of whose photos I included) each took about 1000 pictures, so I really did trim down considerably from 3000 to 534.  Quite the nightmare weeding through that many, cropping and captioning!
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-Aug-11, 07:56:34 AM »

flash  WOWEE WOW WOW!!!!  flash That's alot of pics and alot of effort.  flash Thanks for sharing Patti.  flash  clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap flash

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-Aug-11, 08:05:45 AM »

I am going to sit back and relax this weekend with a nice cuppa tea - or something! - and watch Patti's fun. Without even looking, I BETCHA she hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, right, Patti? Do I win something?? (This will help me get over the fact that my family visitors are leaving on Saturday - boo-hoo!)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04-Aug-11, 08:08:04 AM »

flash  WOWEE WOW WOW!!!!  flash That's alot of pics and alot of effort.  flash Thanks for sharing Patti.  flash  clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap flash

Putting that album together is like a JOB!!  Shocked  I'm only on #208

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-Aug-11, 10:40:09 AM »

Putting that album together with all the narration was quite a chore but beautifully done!  What a great adventure for your 50th and what absolutely gorgeous scenery!  Thanks for sharing it with us! 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-Aug-11, 02:02:28 PM »

phew Wow, I just finished!! Man, you can take pictures!!! Glad no Rattlers amongst the massive selection of pictures you chose. Had I been there and a Snake or Lizard was on the trail...well, sorry to say, I would have probably jumped over the CLIFF!! Those signs would have been for me too!! Anyway, I enjoyed the 534 photos. You all had a great time. Oh and you saw a Peregrine??? NICE, now I would go for that!!

p.s How was the prickly cactus stir-fry?    clap Thanks

Paul Hamilton
Tiercel

Like Count: 266

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04-Aug-11, 08:48:18 PM »

It's just like taking a trip myself.  Maybe next year, I will finally go down into the canyon as you did -- the pictures certainly inspire me.  The place on Airport Mesa in Sedona where you saw the sunset is just a short walk from where we stayed on our trips.

Paul
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 04-Aug-11, 09:46:15 PM »

Without even looking, I BETCHA she hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, right, Patti? Do I win something??

Yep, you're right...that's what made it appropriate for a 50th birthday trip -- I wanted to prove to myself that I'm still fit!  I'm not sure what you win, but you're certainly deserving of glory!

p.s How was the prickly cactus stir-fry?    clap Thanks

Jeremy actually added the prickly pear cactus to the rest of the vegetables he'd brought for a stir-fry, so I can't say that I was able to distinguish them very well.  He said they usually pick up the flavors of the sauce or whatever they're cooked in/with.  The texture was a bit cucumber-ish...kind of slippery but they had some crunch.

The place on Airport Mesa in Sedona where you saw the sunset is just a short walk from where we stayed on our trips.

Paul

I remembered, from your Sedona album, that you stayed somewhere up on Airport Mesa.  Your Sedona album actually inspired me to consider Sedona when I was trying to figure out what to do with the couple of extra vacation days we had to tack on after the Grand Canyon hike.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-Aug-11, 11:20:30 PM »

Oh, my goodness Patti. What a wondeful trip and a great way to celebrate your 50th! Good for you! :-)

Seeing all the different birds and flowers and critters and people and scenery was fun.  Thank you!!!  wave clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
Bobbie Ireland
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 177

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12-Aug-11, 04:14:24 AM »

Oh, my goodness Patti. What a wondeful trip and a great way to celebrate your 50th! Good for you! :-)

Seeing all the different birds and flowers and critters and people and scenery was fun.  Thank you!!!  wave clap

Me too! I loved it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: