THE FORUM

28-Apr-24, 12:50:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oscar, the British cat who steals underwear, reported to police by his owners  (Read 2034 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« on: 10-Jul-10, 03:59:55 PM »

Oscar the cat has been reported to police by its owners for stealing underwear.

Forget catnip. This frisky feline has a penchant for frilly undies.

Seems Oscar, a 13-year old British kitty, has been swiping his neighbors unmentionables - and just about anything else he can get his paws on.

"He was very proud that he had found these presents for us and would drop them at our feet," Owner Peter Weismantel, 72, of Southampton, told the Daily Mirror.

So far, the fuzzy cat burglar has swiped more than 70 items, from socks to rubber gloves. Last week, he brought home 10 pairs of children's underwear.

Worried that their neighbors would suspect something more perverse was afoot, Weismantel reported klepto kitty to the police.

"The officer I spoke to thought it was pretty amusing, but he could see why I was worried," Weismantel said.

He and his wife, Birgitt, have been fostering Oscar since last Christmas. Despite his naughty knicker thieving habit, the couple still plan to adopt him.

"He's got a lovely personality," Birgitt Weismantel, 56, said. "If anyone is missing any underwear, it would be good to put their minds at rest that it's only a cat pinching them and not someone more unpleasant."

The couple has held on to the pilfered items in hopes of one day reuniting them with their rightful owners.

Oscar, meanwhile, remains on the prowl.

Oscar the cat has been reported to police by its owners for stealing underwear.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-Jul-10, 03:08:18 PM »

laugh  That's too funny! hysterical

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: