THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:31:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Calendars  (Read 39870 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 03-Oct-11, 08:19:16 PM »

One way to check pixel size and dpi is to simply go into explorer, find the file in your folder, and right click on the file name. Then, select 'Properties'. When the properties window opens, go to the 'Summary' tab and it should display your pixel width and length and your dpi resolution.

Your picture needs to be 2200 (width) x 1700 (length) pixels and the dpi needs to be at least 200 dpi. (DPI stands for 'dots per inch' and the calendar maker suggests that images be at least that to have a quality print.)

As far as getting the image to the needed specs, there's several ways to do it - it depends on your picture editing software. There are some free software packages out there to help. Here is a link to a site with a free editing tool that I have used:  http://www.irfanview.com/

Lou

Yup, that's what I did and mine was 2200 x 1643 but the dpi was only 96!! grrr

Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-Oct-11, 10:00:13 PM »

And the simple explanation of Orientation (paper OR photo):
Portrait = Up and Down
Landscape = Sideways
 Cool
Carol
who still hasn't mastered the pixel part...
Lou
Juvie

Like Count: 130

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 05-Oct-11, 04:42:02 PM »

I've received a few entries so far. Keep 'em coming.

I also want to offer my assistance for those who are struggling to get the picture to the needed specifications.  If you'd like me to do an edit of your picture, I would need the original, unedited picture file sent to me by Oct 10th. Just send it to me via email (ltcapuano@gmail.com). I'll make an attempt to crop the image, get it to the appropriate size, and do minor adjustments (brightness, contrast. sharpness) if you'd like. I'll send the edited picture back to you so you can submit it. Reminder: only one picture submission/person.

Note: If there are other folks on the board who want to offer their assistance as well, please post that here!

Thanks,
Lou
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05-Oct-11, 05:23:33 PM »

I've received a few entries so far. Keep 'em coming.

I also want to offer my assistance for those who are struggling to get the picture to the needed specifications.  If you'd like me to do an edit of your picture, I would need the original, unedited picture file sent to me by Oct 10th. Just send it to me via email (ltcapuano@gmail.com). I'll make an attempt to crop the image, get it to the appropriate size, and do minor adjustments (brightness, contrast. sharpness) if you'd like. I'll send the edited picture back to you so you can submit it. Reminder: only one picture submission/person.

Note: If there are other folks on the board who want to offer their assistance as well, please post that here!

Thanks,
Lou

Thanks so much Lou, any help is appreciated!

Lou
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 08-Oct-11, 02:33:01 PM »

There's still lots of time to submit your wildlife pictures for the 2012 calendar, but I thought I'd send out a reminder because the weekend is here and it's a good time to go looking back for one of your favorites!

Lou

PS Just a reminder that we're looking for wildlife pictures without any hand of man element. In other words, the picture cannot contain anything that's made by us humans. Of course, you might be able to edit or crop out an element that is man made, so that's okay. It's just that the final image needs to exclude stuff like sidewalks, telephone pole wires, etc.

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 08-Oct-11, 02:42:22 PM »

There's still lots of time to submit your wildlife pictures for the 2012 calendar, but I thought I'd send out a reminder because the weekend is here and it's a good time to go looking back for one of your favorites!

Lou

PS Just a reminder that we're looking for wildlife pictures without any hand of man element. In other words, the picture cannot contain anything that's made by us humans. Of course, you might be able to edit or crop out an element that is man made, so that's okay. It's just that the final image needs to exclude stuff like sidewalks, telephone pole wires, etc.

I'm down to 2 finalists...decisions, decisions...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Lou
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: 17-Oct-11, 07:15:32 PM »

UPDATE: Calendar submission extension

good news

We are extending the deadline to submit pictures for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar!  The new deadline is Friday evening, October 21st. My computer is on the blink and I need to get it fixed!

computer

Thanks,

Lou
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-Oct-11, 07:34:27 PM »

UPDATE: Calendar submission extension

good news

We are extending the deadline to submit pictures for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar!  The new deadline is Friday evening, October 21st. My computer is on the blink and I need to get it fixed!

computer

Thanks,

Lou

I know the feeling!  Sad

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: 17-Oct-11, 08:30:19 PM »

We are extending the deadline to submit pictures for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar!  The new deadline is Friday evening, October 21st.

Hmmm, I wonder why the deadline is Friday...

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/232554/20111017/harold-camping-world-end-october-21-2011-rapture-doomsday.htm
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 17-Oct-11, 08:43:34 PM »

We are extending the deadline to submit pictures for the 2012 Wildlife Calendar!  The new deadline is Friday evening, October 21st.

Hmmm, I wonder why the deadline is Friday...

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/232554/20111017/harold-camping-world-end-october-21-2011-rapture-doomsday.htm

Yeah yeah, see ya's! Again!!

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 18-Oct-11, 08:57:57 PM »

thanks2 clap I needed that! clap
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 18-Oct-11, 10:06:00 PM »

thanks2 clap I needed that! clap

Me too!  Thanks for the extra time Lou.  It's interesting trying to pick one that has no "hand of man" in it.  Our wildlife is so merged with us humans. 

Everybody be sure to send in your favorite wildlife picture that you took to Lou by this Friday.   thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 20-Oct-11, 07:32:48 AM »

Only 1 more day!
Lou
Juvie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 21-Oct-11, 11:15:21 AM »

Hello,

There's still a lot of members who I haven't received pictures from. Don't worry about the editing.. just find a picture that you like and send me the original, unedited file.

Thanks,
Lou
NoraH
Juvie

Like Count: 26

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23-Oct-11, 06:11:56 PM »

Wish I'd had the one I took yesterday instead of what I picked through to submit one, sigh.  crying
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: