THE FORUM

20-Apr-24, 04:53:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Peregrine cam in Australia  (Read 293411 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: 23-Nov-16, 03:17:30 PM »

There's a juvie in the nestbox right now, screaming up a storm and often looking up in the sky.  I think somebody's flying close by.  It looks small to me, so it could be Vim.  He probably wants his dinner.

Diamond has been such an awesome mom to these three, what with losing Bula at hatch time, then having to fend off a suitor or two before finally settling on Xavier.  He hasn't been super-attentive, but at least he hasn't tried to harm the kids.  He actually seemed a bit afraid of them and her at first.

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: 23-Nov-16, 03:27:59 PM »

By the way, if you ever want to get an off-season live-webcam-pefa-in-the-nestbox fix, tune into http://www.csu.edu.au/special/falconcam/Streams/camera-two.htm any morning through mid-afternoon (US Eastern Standard Time).  It will be nighttime in Australia, and Diamond spends every night year 'round in the nestbox.  She's sleeping, of course, and the camera is on night view, but it's still nice to see an occupied nestbox. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: 01-Dec-16, 11:01:07 AM »

Two weeks on the wing and the juvies are all doing well.  Check out http://www.gumtreecs.com.au/wordpress/two-weeks-on-the-wing/ for some great photos of all three.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: 01-Dec-16, 11:42:01 AM »

Two weeks on the wing and the juvies are all doing well.  Check out http://www.gumtreecs.com.au/wordpress/two-weeks-on-the-wing/ for some great photos of all three.

Love good news!! THX!!   thumbsup

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: 01-Dec-16, 11:46:38 AM »

Woohoo!  yahoo

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: 13-Dec-16, 10:09:31 AM »

Cool pics of one juvie (probably Vim), two kestrels and some Australian flora at http://www.gumtreecs.com.au/wordpress/pere-juveniles-1-kestrels-2/.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: 13-Dec-16, 10:47:24 AM »

Cool pics of one juvie (probably Vim), two kestrels and some Australian flora at http://www.gumtreecs.com.au/wordpress/pere-juveniles-1-kestrels-2/.

2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: 13-Dec-16, 11:36:38 AM »

What a nice website! falcon2 Their header graphic is almost as good as ours. devil

Dot in PA
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: 13-Dec-16, 02:21:12 PM »

Very nice! Thanks Pat!  thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #609 on: 25-Aug-17, 05:01:51 PM »

First egg ever for Diamond and Xavier!  Let the season begin down under in Orange!

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: 25-Aug-17, 11:56:21 PM »

Thank you, Patsy! It's good to see Xavier taking an interest in the brand new egg!

Xavier dropped off prey for Diamond right beside her left foot and very close to the egg.

Diamond was hungry, and started eating:

She took the rest of the food out of the nest to eat elsewhere.

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: 30-Aug-17, 04:29:22 PM »

Egg #2 arrived on August 28 (Australian time), so egg #3, if there is one, should be either already there or imminent.  Diamond is egg sitting now, with that razorback look. 

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: 30-Aug-17, 05:03:50 PM »

I just confirmed from the comments on the project site that there are now three eggs!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: 30-Aug-17, 05:14:53 PM »

I just confirmed from the comments on the project site that there are now three eggs!

clap

AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: 01-Sep-17, 10:40:54 PM »

Xavier incubating:

Diamond incubating:

Shift change. Diamond came in to claim her eggs, and Xavier stood up gracefully to allow her to take over. He is doing a great job incubating this year.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: