THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 01:48:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Lurker Come Out Week" This means you!  (Read 16384 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 10-Oct-11, 10:43:09 PM »

Get busy with at least stooping in to say hi!

Did you mean to say that?  I have visions of people swooping into the forum at 200 mph, posting and rising off again! Grin

And, apparently, making contact only 20% of the time.  wave

Yeah, I am wondering about that 20 percent thing too.  They have such speed, and birds have such eyesight -- where did that percentage come from?    It seems rather low.
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 12-Oct-11, 04:21:33 PM »

Hi Ginha , nice to hear from you.
Nora , good to hear you are walking,I hope you'r ankle is still getting better.

greetings Carla
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12-Oct-11, 04:42:57 PM »

Still a lot of lurkers to come out yet!  Where are you???     wave

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 12-Oct-11, 04:56:01 PM »

Oh, maybe they are not even "Lurking"!!    lurker It's 1/2 way through the week, where is everyone??

nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 12-Oct-11, 05:18:10 PM »

Donna, wouldn't the "on line stats" tell you who really is lurking and who is gone forever??
My on line time is right up there with the regular posters and I almost never make any
comments.  I really do qualify as a lurker!

nycbird
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 12-Oct-11, 05:28:43 PM »

Well out of all the members here...about 30 are regular posters. Online stats tell me they are lurking but not posting. Was just hoping more would be out this week. Trying!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 12-Oct-11, 05:30:23 PM »

Donna, wouldn't the "on line stats" tell you who really is lurking and who is gone forever??
My on line time is right up there with the regular posters and I almost never make any

No, not really NYC, you post, not all the time but you do. I'm trying to get the 0's to post.

MaryAlice
Small Clutch

Like Count: 3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 12-Oct-11, 06:12:30 PM »

I am a long time lurker. I first joined the old Kodak board, and I am a member on the Yahoo board also. I used to post something once in a while on that board, but I have never posted on this board. I love to read it, and I keep up, but I have never really figured out how this board works, so I don't post. I used to always say a big "Thank You" to all the fabulous watchers on Lurker Come Out Day. I will do that now.

I check in on a number of cams but this one is so superior because the watchers fill in the whole story, not just the events in the nestbox. I am a very grateful lurker for all that the active members do. Mary Alice in Charlotte (that's North Carolina)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 12-Oct-11, 06:17:36 PM »

I am a long time lurker. I first joined the old Kodak board, and I am a member on the Yahoo board also. I used to post something once in a while on that board, but I have never posted on this board. I love to read it, and I keep up, but I have never really figured out how this board works, so I don't post. I used to always say a big "Thank You" to all the fabulous watchers on Lurker Come Out Day. I will do that now.

I check in on a number of cams but this one is so superior because the watchers fill in the whole story, not just the events in the nestbox. I am a very grateful lurker for all that the active members do. Mary Alice in Charlotte (that's North Carolina)

YAY, welcome MaryAlice, so glad you posted. Thank you and please keep trying with this forum, it gets real easy after a few posts.   thumbsup
Please, lurk no more!

Shaky
Bathrobe Brigadier
Administrator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 354

Working on my book

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: 12-Oct-11, 06:30:00 PM »

Welcome, MaryAlice. Congrats on your first post!
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 12-Oct-11, 07:53:10 PM »

YAY, welcome MaryAlice, so glad you posted. Thank you and please keep trying with this forum, it gets real easy after a few posts.   thumbsup
Please, lurk no more!

I've found that having the Forum posts sent out on the kfalconcam list helps me immeasurably.  I don't have the time nor the patience to search forums for stuff to read, but even though the many tweets don't affect me as I'm WAY out of the area, I can see all the new posts, and then use the read more feature to follow what I wish to follow  thumbsup
Carol
in rainy WV
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 12-Oct-11, 08:14:46 PM »

Hi Mary Alice!   wave  Nice to hear from you.  Congrats on your first post on the new forum.  Keep them coming.   clap

Peregrines know no borders.....
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12-Oct-11, 08:57:05 PM »

It's funny, NYC -- to me, you are not a lurker. I see your posts, and consider you a "regular".  Not frequent, but a regular with great posts.  . 
it is funny, I do post, and love our falcons, but consider myself a "lurker" too.  I would love to be more active in observing  our falcons right down on the "scene" but I can't right now.   So maybe we have to define "lurker". 
margaret
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 12-Oct-11, 09:03:00 PM »

Mary Alice in NC -  I consider myself a "techno-moron"  ( I really do use that term to describe myself at work).   There are  many things I do not know, but once you get used to it, this is fairly easy to navigate.  Don't be shy about posting your thoughts, opinions, feelings, about what you see. 

Please, lurk no more!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 12-Oct-11, 09:07:24 PM »

I consider a lurker as "Someone who signed up, reads the posts but doesn't post"  , they just LURK Nothing wrong with that but we'd like to hear from you ALL!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: