THE FORUM

26-Apr-24, 08:58:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MAK'S surgery  (Read 62392 times)
rushhen06
Fledgling

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 20-Oct-11, 01:22:52 PM »

Definately recommend rehab.  I was in 10 days with my knee replacement.    thumbsup
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 20-Oct-11, 01:49:23 PM »

Definately recommend rehab.  I was in 10 days with my knee replacement.    thumbsup

I also would recommend going to rehab although I didn't go after either knee because my husband was home to help me. He took me to PT 3 times a week for several weeks plus I had a CPM machine at home (Dr. ordered) to exercise the knee for several hrs a day. MAK really wants to go to rehab but her insurance might not OK it. Hope she gets to go.

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 20-Oct-11, 03:57:31 PM »

Well, MAK will be in Unity until tomorrow, when they decide if she is going to PT. Today was not a good day for her. Sad

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 20-Oct-11, 05:31:00 PM »

YAY, finally MAK got word that tomorrow afternoon, she goes to the Transitional Care Center at Unity Hospital!! Not a good way to spend her Birthday but she's pleased.   clap

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 20-Oct-11, 06:19:05 PM »

I'm so happy for her!  Unity has a wonderful joint replacement center (I had both my knees done there too) and I've had friends that went to TCU after who've said it's a great rehab facility.

valhalla
« Reply #35 on: 20-Oct-11, 07:10:59 PM »

YAY, finally MAK got word that tomorrow afternoon, she goes to the Transitional Care Center at Unity Hospital!! Not a good way to spend her Birthday but she's pleased.   clap

A GREAT way to spend her Birthday!  Her knee is getting tuned up.  As I always say (and MAK will appreciate this) God knows what He is doing!  Happy 53rd MAK!   XOXOXOXO
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 20-Oct-11, 07:30:38 PM »

Wonderful news  clap  Happy Birthday Mak, all the best for your recovery and the year ahead  handshake
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 20-Oct-11, 09:21:42 PM »

A GREAT way to spend her Birthday!  Her knee is getting tuned up.  As I always say (and MAK will appreciate this) God knows what He is doing!  Happy 53rd MAK!   XOXOXOXO

I wish I'd had a 53 thousand mile tune up on my knees (and everything else) when I turned 53. Happy Birthday to our 53 year old "young'un".  Hope you are enjoying the baby knee, and  get to enjoy many more years using that new knee!   Happy Birthday to MAK (Margaret)  and her new knee!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 20-Oct-11, 09:24:49 PM »

I wish I'd had a 53 thousand mile tune up on my knees (and everything else) when I turned 53. Happy Birthday to our 53 year old "young'un".  Hope you are enjoying the baby knee, and  get to enjoy many more years using that new knee!   Happy Birthday to MAK (Margaret)  and her new knee!

Yes, yay she's getting a tuned-knee but her spirits need lifting.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 21-Oct-11, 11:43:26 AM »

hello  Just a quick update and thanks for ALL the well wishes and birthday greeting. I will be rehabbing at the Transitional Care Center room 531 as soon as it becomes available. I've had a setback with some nerve issues but it shouldn't impede my recovery. This is a very busy place and so my computer time is limited. I will get on the forum and fb as often as I can. I don't know how busy it will be at the rehab center but they did tell me I would getting occupational therapy as well as physical therapy. Gotta go for now but want you all to know that I love you and you have brightened my day beyond words!   Keep Smiling!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 21-Oct-11, 11:56:21 AM »

hello  Just a quick update and thanks for ALL the well wishes and birthday greeting. I will be rehabbing at the Transitional Care Center room 531 as soon as it becomes available. I've had a setback with some nerve issues but it shouldn't impede my recovery. This is a very busy place and so my computer time is limited. I will get on the forum and fb as often as I can. I don't know how busy it will be at the rehab center but they did tell me I would getting occupational therapy as well as physical therapy. Gotta go for now but want you all to know that I love you and you have brightened my day beyond words!   Keep Smiling!  Grin

Good to see you here MAK!   b-day

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 21-Oct-11, 12:12:21 PM »

Hey MAK!  wave You got your laptop there!  Must have a "hot spot" where you are so you can get WiFi! Great!  So glad you're going to TCU to get the extra therapy-knew you wanted it and need it and we want you keep to smiling too!   Cheesy Take care!
                        thumbsup

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 21-Oct-11, 02:26:47 PM »

She's in her wheelchair and ready to roll to rehab at 531.

valhalla
« Reply #43 on: 21-Oct-11, 07:27:42 PM »

She needs a "14" on the back of that wheelchair and then she can race everyone else! 
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 21-Oct-11, 08:47:27 PM »

She needs a "14" on the back of that wheelchair and then she can race everyone else! 

She needs to motivate on her own two feet, not race down the halls in a wheelchair!   Grin

Visited with her for a few moments in her new room.  There were four other people visiting, so I didn't stay long.  She seemed in good spirits and the area she's in now is all new.  They've really done a great job there.

Peregrines know no borders.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: