THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 08:09:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Medical Question Re: 12/6 Photo of Beauty  (Read 5173 times)
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« on: 17-Dec-12, 12:02:50 PM »

I have a question about something I just spotted in the below photo of Beauty that I took on 12/6.  I hope I'm wrong, but there is something that looks like a growth of some sort on her left side, below her chest area, starting underneath one of her feathers.  I compared it to the other Beauty photos that MAK took that day and couldn't find one that showed it, so I think that's a good sign.  Also, she seems to be quite healthy and in fine form lately.  Is it a case of the light just hitting something in a funny way, or feathers rearranged and in need of preening? 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-Dec-12, 12:18:00 PM »

I enlarged this pic of MAK'S on the same day. Looks fine to me. Anyone else? I saw what you meant Patsy. Good eye. She has a double chin in this pic!

Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-Dec-12, 12:25:12 PM »

I think weird light on a turned feather...

This one by MAK Friday shows that area clearly & all her stripes seem to me to be lining up properly

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-Dec-12, 12:35:19 PM »

Thanks Donna and DK.  I was relieved to see that I couldn't spot it in the other photos, but thought I should check with the experts just to be sure.  You two rock!  happy

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17-Dec-12, 12:38:47 PM »

Thanks Donna and DK.  I was relieved to see that I couldn't spot it in the other photos, but thought I should check with the experts just to be sure.  You two rock!  happy

I don't know about expert, but thanks!

Always best to check...you never know...

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-Dec-12, 01:02:22 PM »

No expert here either...just a process of elimination!  wave

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-Dec-12, 02:50:15 PM »

Pat, Beauty is in top form and that had to be a ruffled feather issue of some sort. Good eye tho and thanks for asking questions-2 heads are better than one and in this case more than a couple!  2thumbsup

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-Dec-12, 03:16:13 PM »

And thanks for taking such great photos every day, MAK.  It was good to have so many to choose from for a comparison.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 17-Dec-12, 04:19:29 PM »

And thanks for taking such great photos every day, MAK.  It was good to have so many to choose from for a comparison.

mbanana bguitar  Rock on sista friend!  santawave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: