THE FORUM

24-Oct-24, 02:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 193   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Pictures from the Rfalconcam Cameras  (Read 1158997 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: 15-Jul-12, 12:06:14 PM »

Has Dot.ca been seen at the nest box or with Orion or Beauty since the banding? I'm a bit concerned.

Dot in PA

I think we need to be cautious in how we're interpreting what we're seeing or not seeing.  

From the cameras we have a very limited view. Dot could be on the ledge above the nestbox all day and we'd never see him.  Without having a watcher sitting on Broad St. from sunrise to sunset there's no way to know who is downtown other than what we see on the cameras. And Broad St. has a limited view too.

And even that can be tricky.  Last year I sat on the 2nd Ave. garage for 3 hours-then another hour by the library-then a drive around DT with Joyce & Brian. Not a single falcon to be seen. Got a text from Donna after a while-cam 1 was turned & Beauty was on the west corner of OCSR the whole time.

Yesterday afternoon there was a watcher DT. She didn't see Dot. But we heard him come in with food on the cams. It was definitely his voice. But we didn't see him because Beauty went out to get the food from him. If I hadn't been sitting here listening I'd never have known that's where the food came from.

When Beauty was out yesterday someone stopped on the platform for a minute. We thought it was Beauty. But it might have been Dot. The bird didn't stay long enough for a good picture.

One thing we know for sure-Dot.ca is alive & well. So is Beauty & Orion.

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: 15-Jul-12, 12:09:09 PM »

Has Dot.ca been seen at the nest box or with Orion or Beauty since the banding? I'm a bit concerned.

Dot in PA

He hasn't been seen at the nest box for a few days or DT by watchers who looked for him yesterday.  They found him at BS with Pigott this AM.  In chat yesterday, they were saying they thought he made a food drop to Beauty but wasn't seen so can't be confirmed.  I'm concerned about his lack of interest in Orion and Beauty.

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: 15-Jul-12, 12:11:36 PM »

Thanks for the reassurance!

Dot in PA
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: 15-Jul-12, 12:30:33 PM »

Yum!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: 15-Jul-12, 01:27:11 PM »

A full 8 1/2 inches!

Yes-wingercizing facing the BACK is a good thing!

nycbird
Fledgling

Like Count: 25

View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: 15-Jul-12, 01:27:42 PM »

Was just looking at camera 1.  Seems Mama has taught baby Orion to keep his "poop art" in the front yard where the rain will wash it away-- instead of on the back walls as previous eyases have decorated.  A well trained son will make a well trained husband someday. laugh

nycbird
sunshine
Small Clutch

Like Count: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: 15-Jul-12, 02:15:38 PM »

Dumpsterkitty, thanks so much for the adorable pictures of Orion getting out and then back into the box.  I feel sorry that he is all alone, no brothers or sisters to curl up to.   
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: 15-Jul-12, 02:33:46 PM »

Beauty watching over her territory and guarding her baby.  wub2 

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: 15-Jul-12, 02:42:19 PM »

Was just looking at camera 1.  Seems Mama has taught baby Orion to keep his "poop art" in the front yard where the rain will wash it away-- instead of on the back walls as previous eyases have decorated.  A well trained son will make a well trained husband someday. laugh

Not much poop art on the back wall, is right.  clap Good boy!

Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: 15-Jul-12, 02:49:13 PM »

I think humans worry to much. Folks were saying the same thing about Kendal not that long ago. Of not being seen at the nest site. He was there providing for the kids. Dot.Ca is more than likely doing the same. I know we don't like the fact he has Miss Pigott stashed at BS, but there is not much we can do about it.
Bird Crazy
Falcon

Like Count: 140

Voyager

View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: 15-Jul-12, 02:53:03 PM »

I have a question and don't know where to put it. Are they or can they test the two eggs they removed. To see if they were fertilized and something went wrong. I'd really like to know if Unity's egg was good.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: 15-Jul-12, 03:02:28 PM »

I have a question and don't know where to put it. Are they or can they test the two eggs they removed. To see if they were fertilized and something went wrong. I'd really like to know if Unity's egg was good.
[/quote

I believe they do test the eggs BC but weather we hear back on them, it's up to the DEC. They did take them very carefully and pack them nicely.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: 15-Jul-12, 03:30:01 PM »

Our Beauty

Lovely creature isn't she?  heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carly
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 107

View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: 15-Jul-12, 04:43:07 PM »

Have you noticed when a plane flies overhead - Orion starts alarm calling and runs to the back of the nest box!  He just did it again. 
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: 15-Jul-12, 04:49:50 PM »

Have you noticed when a plane flies overhead - Orion starts alarm calling and runs to the back of the nest box!  He just did it again. 

I hadn't noticed-but I will pay attention now!

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 106 107 [108] 109 110 111 112 ... 193   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: