THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 01:40:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watch Weekend 2012 - August 3rd, 4th and 5th  (Read 51791 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 12-Aug-12, 04:06:32 PM »

Here are a few more from me.  It was a wonderful weekend.  Thanks to all for your hospitality!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1QbNWblyxauQA

Nice meeting you Wendy, nice pics! I love the area pics, I love DT!!

Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: 12-Aug-12, 04:50:39 PM »

The 7 hours Orion was sleeping on the TS building one day, I was sitting on a ledge in a parking lot down below. My neck was killing me from looking up all day, (now I know how MAK feels) but I didn't care because the second you look away, BAM, they are gone. I took no chances, I wanted to know where that youngster went when he took off.

I definitely know how that is...my very first trip to Rochester (2004, I think), I spent ALL day one day in the blazing sun (it was hot, even for me, and I'm used to heat), eating energy bars when everyone else went off to have lunch in a nice air-conditioned spot.  The falcons hadn't been flying much because of the heat, and I didn't want to miss it if they finally decided to provide some action.  I'm still grateful for Joyce, who spent a lot of that time with me!  I did the same thing at dinner, since I still hadn't seen much flying, and got to see a lovely stoop by Kaver straight down the face of the Kodak Tower.  The downside of that was there was no one to share it with...
Nic1Pic
Juvie

Like Count: 43

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 12-Aug-12, 11:35:37 PM »

Thanks every one for your photos. Nicole
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 15-Aug-12, 10:14:30 AM »

I just happened to get a pic of the stick nest on the FTC that MAK was talking about this am. Was it a Hawk nest? What happened to the residents?  Who knows but it's pretty big.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 15-Aug-12, 02:04:16 PM »

I just happened to get a pic of the stick nest on the FTC that MAK was talking about this am. Was it a Hawk nest? What happened to the residents?  Who knows but it's pretty big.

It's big enough for Orion to nap in!  Grin

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: