THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 12:46:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamante - Central Terminal in Buffalo  (Read 163336 times)
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 28-May-13, 08:58:08 PM »

Well they do take care of their building. I know I would be thrilled if I worked there and had a Peregrine named after me.  yes

Margaret or MAK?   Wink

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 28-May-13, 09:07:58 PM »

Well they do take care of their building. I know I would be thrilled if I worked there and had a Peregrine named after me.  yes

Margaret or MAK?   Wink

Whichever!  harhar

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 02-Jun-13, 06:56:49 PM »

Speaking of taking care of their building... it didn't look like this the last time I was inside.

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:01:07 PM »

Speaking of taking care of their building... it didn't look like this the last time I was inside.

Me neither Joyce. That's the work of some excellent maintenance people!  clap

-John Burroughs
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 314

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:05:45 PM »

is that now? WOW!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:07:46 PM »

They've been showing some of the renovations being done at CT on WKBW and it's going to be beautiful when done!

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:08:48 PM »

Yeah, last time we were there, we were ghost hunting!!  LOL  Was all dirt floors!!

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:34:00 PM »

Yeah, last time we were there, we were ghost hunting!!  LOL  Was all dirt floors!!

This is the main building lobby I believe. We were in a separate building Donna. Not sure if that one can be restored-it's in bad shape.  secret2

-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:54:43 PM »

This is the main building lobby I believe. We were in a separate building Donna. Not sure if that one can be restored-it's in bad shape.  secret2

Embarrassed  OH!!

Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 02-Jun-13, 07:57:57 PM »

A lot of work to be done-over years!

http://www.wkbw.com/home/Hard-Hat-Tours-of-Buffalos-Central-Terminal-209585661.html

Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 03-Jun-13, 12:25:39 PM »

Thanks Kris.  I want to take a tour sometime again.  I was inside twice. Originally 4-5 years ago before there were tours, and again when one of the juvies fell in between the buildings off the roof and we could see that it was okay from the inside, thanks to the workers.  It is such a great landmark, and I am glad the restoration project exits.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 14-Jun-13, 12:17:05 AM »

CT names and tape colors for fledglings (2 females, 1 male):

Virginia   (f)     yellow
Billy        (f)     red
Edward   (m)   green
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 08-Aug-13, 11:25:15 PM »

The female at the Revenue Canada building in north Mississauga is Alfrieda, banded Black 73 over Green AW and she was hatched at the Central Terminal nest site in 2012.  She is daughter to Gleig from the Hamilton Sheraton Hotel and Diamante from Rochester.

Mississauga North Female is Identified But Needs Confirmation
August 08, 2013 - International, National and Local News

Tracy Simpson Reports:

For almost a year now Rob, Bruce and I have been chasing a juvenile peregrine female around the Mississauga North area attempting to identify her.  A really big, dark and heavily streaked female, she has challenged and frustrated us by always sitting so high up our scopes were useless or turning her recovery band in towards the Revenue Canada building that she roosts on.  Yesterday while in Mississauga, I was fortunate enough to have her roosting on the building, left leg in, and I was determined to wait her out.  I got out the scope, camera and any other tool I could find to try and identify her.  I got lucky.

She made a short flight from one corner of the building to another and was flipping her head like a little kid at something.  I was able to capture band colours and the top digits only in the scope view and on the camera.  Given that I knew her banding year to be 2012, last year as she is just now moulting into her subadult phase, and the colours and top digits, I took a chance and contacted the New York DEC for a bit of a scavenger hunt.  I sent off an email with the information I had.  How many females in 2012 could have that top digit combination?  Well, just one.

The female at the Revenue Canada building in north Mississauga is Alfrieda, banded Black 73 over Green AW and she was hatched at the Central Terminal nest site in 2012.  She is daughter to Gleig from the Hamilton Sheraton Hotel and Diamante from Rochester.

Now I must warn you that this ID is preliminary and MUST be confirmed by a full reading of the band but the chances that this is Alfrieda are very high.  The DEC shared with me that Alfrieda struggled in her fledgling phase and was rescued from the ground twice before really getting her wings.  Not only is she now in Ontario but as of today, our watcher Rob Mueller found her with a male!!  I knew yesterday when she was flipping her head and being somewhat silly that it had to be another falcon that I couldn’t see.  You don’t flip your head at food or predators if you want to succeed!!  He made his first appearance today and we will be working very hard to confirm Alfrieda as the female and discover who her mate is.

Pictures will be posted shortly so please check back.

WHOO HOO another one makes it across the border!!

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 09-Aug-13, 08:20:56 AM »

Yay!  And the Mariah and Kaver beat goes on once again!  I just hope Alfrieda doesn't try to go visit her aunties, Quest, Rhea Mae and Linn. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 09-Aug-13, 08:32:46 AM »

mbanana bguitar

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: