THE FORUM

18-Apr-24, 06:38:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RIP to Cally  (Read 13639 times)
Falconatic1
Eyas

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« on: 01-Jan-13, 12:07:17 PM »

Yesterday we lost our kitty Cally. She was a long-haired calico cat with golden eyes. Her fur was brilliantly colored. On March 12, 1993, we adopted her from the Nevada Humane Society. She was about a year old then, so she was around 20 years old. This wasn't sudden, as she has had failing kidneys for a few years, and been on a prescription cat food diet, and took Meds to help her. After a couple of weeks of slow decline, yesterday she became too weak to walk, so with the help of our loving veterinarian we gave her the last precious gift of release from this world.

Cally was an indoor only cat, and really was our baby. She loved life, she loved us, always wanting to be beside Bob or I, or on a lap being petted and purring. It would be much appreciated if one of you who knows how would please light a candle in her memory. Cally enhanced our lives, and we are grateful for having had her for so long.

Wishing you all a happy and loving New Year with all of our animal friends.

Debbie in Reno
« Last Edit: 01-Jan-13, 10:14:24 PM by Falconatic1 » Logged
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01-Jan-13, 12:13:35 PM »

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Cally

I'm so sorry Debbie and Bob, I sure know how you feel. I started a Candle page for your beloved Cally.    sorrow

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01-Jan-13, 12:54:08 PM »

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Cally.  It's always hard to lose a pet family member.

Dot in PA
OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01-Jan-13, 04:50:25 PM »

I too am so sorry for your loss. I am a true cat lover and have an indoor cat, Wesley, who shares everything with me. I am thinking of you.  I'll be lighting a special candle in Cally's honor. And also looking for a bright star in the heavens.   Please accept my sincerest sympathy.

Nora in NW Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
marytyson
Eyas

Like Count: 17

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-Jan-13, 07:25:25 PM »

I, too, know what it is like to love and lose a special pet to failing kidneys.  Although I have had a number of cats over the years, there are some that hold a place in your heart that hurts for a long time.  And it's so hard to know when it's time to let them go.  You did know, and gave Cally the release she needed.

Mary in Charlotte (NC)   
Falconatic1
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01-Jan-13, 07:37:45 PM »

Thank you, Donna, for starting the candle page. Thanks to all who have posted their sympathies, and who have lit candles. It really does help to read these comforting words. I am thinking about all the wonderful years we shared. Thanks again, falcon friends!

Debbie
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01-Jan-13, 07:52:43 PM »

Yesterday we lost our kitty Cally. She was a long-haired calico cat with golden eyes. Her fur was brilliantly colored. On March 12, 1993, we adopted her from the Nevada Humane Society. She was about a year old then, so she was around 20 years old. This wasn't sudden, as she has had failing kidneys for a few years, and been on a prescription cat food diet, and took Meds to help her. After a couple of weeks of slow decline, yesterday she became too weak to walk, so with the help of our loving veterinarian we gave her the last precious gift of release from this world.

Cally was an indoor only cat, and really was our baby. She loved life, she loved us, always wanting to be beside Bob or I, or on a lap being petted and purring. It would be much appreciated is one of you who knows how would please light a candle in her memory. Cally enhanced our lives, and we are grateful for having had her for so long.

Wishing you all a happy and loving New Year with all of our animal friends.

Debbie in Reno

Hugs to you all, for giving her a wonderful loving life, and, as you say, that last precious gift.  It never gets any easier to say Goodbye.  Perhaps some day, in her memory, you will have the opportunity to give a good life to another kitty.  kittykiss
Carol
WV
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-Jan-13, 08:01:14 PM »

Thank you, Donna, for starting the candle page. Thanks to all who have posted their sympathies, and who have lit candles. It really does help to read these comforting words. I am thinking about all the wonderful years we shared. Thanks again, falcon friends!

Debbie

My pleasure Debbie. I'm a cat mom, indoors and out. I know how you feel. We care!  heart

OlRedHair
Juvie

Like Count: 15

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01-Jan-13, 08:43:18 PM »

For Cally.

Nora in NW Florida

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nora in Florida
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 01-Jan-13, 10:50:32 PM »

I had to put my calico cat Doobie to sleep after her kidneys gave out on her! It's not an easy undertaking to let go of our loved ones. We feel your pain Debbie... sorrow kittykiss

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Falconatic1
Eyas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01-Jan-13, 11:22:35 PM »

I don't know how to include a photo here. Anyone who would like to see a photo of Cally is welcome to email me directly off list at xxxxxxxxxxx.

Have a good evening everyone!

Debbie

EDIT: I removed her email address to prevent spammers from stealing it. You can contact Debbie by sending her a forum Personal Message by clicking on the speech bubble icon to the left of this post. -Shaky

« Last Edit: 02-Jan-13, 12:12:19 AM by Shaky » Logged
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-Jan-13, 01:04:54 AM »

I am so very sorry Sad It is never easy to lose them

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
Nic1Pic
Juvie

Like Count: 43

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-Jan-13, 03:32:11 PM »

Very sorry for the loss of your Cally. You did the right but hardest thing you had to do for her.
Nicole
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 03-Jan-13, 06:38:36 AM »

Debbie sent me these pics of her beautiful Cally to post. I will let her tell you about each picture. Thank you Debbie. That first pic, uh oh!   angel

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-Jan-13, 06:48:24 AM »

Beautiful kitty!  kittykiss

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: