THE FORUM

07-Sep-24, 09:05:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 ... 217   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rhea Mae and Tiago's Webcam - Toronto - Canadian Peregrine Foundation  (Read 1522748 times)
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: 13-Jun-12, 09:25:51 PM »

Just posted on CPF site :-(

I have faith they are fine & just not where Harry can see them.  There are also new buildings around that probably complicate matters. Having just been to that neighborhood over the weekend I can understand not finding them.  Remember Callidora being "lost" in plain sight on the jail?

I do remember Callidora lost on the jail.  And she was found.  Rest in peace, Callidora.  But fledging  is   a nervewracking time. I hope there is good news tomorrow.   pray

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: 13-Jun-12, 10:53:16 PM »

Just posted on CPF site :-(

I have faith they are fine & just not where Harry can see them.  There are also new buildings around that probably complicate matters. Having just been to that neighborhood over the weekend I can understand not finding them.  Remember Callidora being "lost" in plain sight on the jail?

I do remember Callidora lost on the jail.  And she was found.  Rest in peace, Callidora.  But fledging  is   a nervewracking time. I hope there is good news tomorrow.   pray

This is one of THE most difficult locations to track fledglings.  The tall buildings around this area make it impossible to see them from the street below, until they come out to an edge or corner.  Watch the parents, see if they are concerned.  Look where they are looking.  Watch for food drops.  Hope they show themselves tomorrow morning.   heart

Peregrines know no borders.....
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: 13-Jun-12, 11:08:56 PM »

!!! Fledglings found, one rescue, another fledge
June 13, 2012 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

CRAZY evening.

I arrived on site Rosalind and Bruce were already on site.

Both  fledglings that had been missing for the past few days have been found!  One was discovered by Bruce on the east side of 120 Adelaide Street. At that time we had two on the ledge and still one missing.  Bruce went out to scour the area yet again. While Bruce was out, he received a call that a juvenile peregrine was on the 5th floor Atrium of 330 Bay St.

Rosalind and myself made our way to assist in the rescue. Intercon Security took us up to the area. Wow, a huge walled in area, with wall to wall bubble skylights and HVAC equipment, very little room to walk around, and no room for a bird to fly out from. 

Journey was sitting on one of the HVAC systems. We gingerly approached as we carefully watched out footing around the bubble skylights. First attempt, she flew low and brushed a window and came to ground in a corner. Second attempt she scooted across and came to rest on the bubble skylights, which made it much easier to pick up, as the bubble skylights nestled her. Bird in hand we made our way out of this area and placed her in the carrier.  Journey was feisty and hissy, a very good sign. She had no signs of injury what so ever.  Healthy looking.

Many, Many thanks to Intercon Security of 330 Bay St., Allan Atkinson and the two other officers that assisted us. Great big thank you to office staff of 330 Bay St, that took the time to call after noticing, this rather large usual looking bird that needed assistance.

Bruce,Rosalind and myself made our way back to the Sheraton with Journey in the box. Rosalind departed for the day. Many thanks Rosalind for your assistance. Your first rescue!

Bruce and I secured Journey in a safe and quiet area. We decided that we will check the nest ledge to get band number from the two remaining on the ledge.  I look through the viewing port, two juvies on the nest ledge. I switch positions to allow Bruce to look through, he sees only one!  Another fledge in manner of seconds.  Bruce made his way to the ground level while I stay up top and scanned  the roof tops. Found it! It flew over to 120 Adelaide St.  A Good flight and it didn’t loose much height.  It wandered around that area for a short time. Adult was watching it from the top of 130 Adelaide. If it had kept walking it would have met up with it’s sibling on the other side of 120 Adelaide Street.

An exiting evening, happy we found the missing, glad we had another fledge.

So at the end of the night , we have two juveniles on the same building,  one unfledged on the nest, and Journey who has a second chance to try it again.

Many thanks to Intercon Security at 330 Bay St, FLAP for relaying the call, Bruce, Rosalind and Marion for a job well done. Photo  to follow as soon as I figure out how to get it off the phone. Ah technology.

Posted on June 13, 2012 10:52 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: 13-Jun-12, 11:13:35 PM »

Awesome!! I was just posting it the same time you were Kris!! Glad all are well and secured! Phew!

jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: 13-Jun-12, 11:18:25 PM »

You guys are too quick for me!!! bow

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: 13-Jun-12, 11:24:18 PM »

good news

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: 14-Jun-12, 09:00:49 PM »

A fairly quiet morning
June 14, 2012 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre
Harry Crawford Reports:

Morning Shift:  By 7:30am, I found the two chicks that were on
120 Adelaide at the end of day yesterday.  One had moved to the
railing surrounding the upper penthouse.  The bird was visible
from Sheraton 43 and the ramp at City Hall.  The second bird had
moved over to 150 Adelaide and spent the morning walking all the
way around the roof ledge.  I did not see anyone being fed.

During the morning, I only saw one chick on the nest ledge.  By
11am it was flapping and running back and forth - an adult was
on the ‘S’ of the logo waiting for it to go.  It didn’t and
eventually settled down.  The adult flew off. It could have been
the two chicks taking turns.  A CTV news helicopter was in the
area earlier and both adults watched it closely.

Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1004

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: 14-Jun-12, 10:08:36 PM »

!!! Fledglings found, one rescue, another fledge
June 13, 2012 - Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Linda Woods Reports:

So at the end of the night , we have two juveniles on the same building,  one unfledged on the nest, and Journey who has a second chance to try it again.

Many thanks to Intercon Security at 330 Bay St, FLAP for relaying the call, Bruce, Rosalind and Marion for a job well done. Photo  to follow as soon as I figure out how to get it off the phone. Ah technology.

Posted on June 13, 2012 10:52 pm
Observation for Toronto - Sheraton Centre

Many thanks to all involved!  Job well done!   clap 2thumbsup

Peregrines know no borders.....
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: 14-Jun-12, 10:57:58 PM »

!!! Sad news, little Cosmo has fatal collision
Linda Woods Reports:

Sad news from the Sheraton nest site. Our youngest male, Cosmo who had taken his first flight today around 3:30, collided with a glass building on York street and died.  Bruce witnessed the flight and collision and quickly confirmed that it was Cosmo.

I met up with Bruce shortly after and we continued with watching the remaining three fledglings.  Journey who was placed back on the nest ledge was still there.  Marlee, who I identified by the yellow tape, was still on the upper portion of 120 Adelaide Street.

Fef, the other female was on the upper portion of 130 Adelaide with one of the adults.  Around 6p.m. Journey took flight. Bruce believes she went of the ledge and turned north of the Sheraton. And that was the last we saw of her for the evening. She could be on the north side of the Hotel. Bruce did a foot search and saw no indication of her.

Meanwhile,  Marlee was still on the upper portion of 120, while Fef remained on the upper portion of 130.  I went back to the nest ledge around 7:30, just to check that Journey had indeed flew off. Not expecting to see anything, there was Tiago cleaning prey!

Tiago flew off and took the food to Marlee on 120 Adelaide Street.  I moved my focus on Fef to see if she would get up from lying down on the upper level.  I looked back to Marlee and he was gone. Bruce saw Marlee take off and land on the north east area of the Adelaide Street Bell Building.  I did not see any movement or landing by Marlee. So now he is not seen. Back to watching Fef. She took off and flew horizontaly across the roof line south and circled back with wings flared, and did not see her come out from around the building. She could still be on the same structure but on the south side. A very difficult place to see a bird at that height. Just can’t get an angle on that area from Street level.

At the close of today’s watch around 9 :15p.m. Bruce and I had no further sightings of adults or juveniles.

I’m sure they’ll poke their heads up in the morning.

Oh little one, I am so sorry Sad

Fly free beyond anything that can hurt you

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
margaret
Falcon

Like Count: 28

View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: 14-Jun-12, 11:03:45 PM »

!!! Sad news, little Cosmo has fatal collision
Linda Woods Reports:

Sad news from the Sheraton nest site. Our youngest male, Cosmo who had taken his first flight today around 3:30, collided with a glass building on York street and died.  Bruce witnessed the flight and collision and quickly confirmed that it was Cosmo.

I met up with Bruce shortly after and we continued with watching the remaining three fledglings.  Journey who was placed back on the nest ledge was still there.  Marlee, who I identified by the yellow tape, was still on the upper portion of 120 Adelaide Street.

Fef, the other female was on the upper portion of 130 Adelaide with one of the adults.  Around 6p.m. Journey took flight. Bruce believes she went of the ledge and turned north of the Sheraton. And that was the last we saw of her for the evening. She could be on the north side of the Hotel. Bruce did a foot search and saw no indication of her.

Meanwhile,  Marlee was still on the upper portion of 120, while Fef remained on the upper portion of 130.  I went back to the nest ledge around 7:30, just to check that Journey had indeed flew off. Not expecting to see anything, there was Tiago cleaning prey!

Tiago flew off and took the food to Marlee on 120 Adelaide Street.  I moved my focus on Fef to see if she would get up from lying down on the upper level.  I looked back to Marlee and he was gone. Bruce saw Marlee take off and land on the north east area of the Adelaide Street Bell Building.  I did not see any movement or landing by Marlee. So now he is not seen. Back to watching Fef. She took off and flew horizontaly across the roof line south and circled back with wings flared, and did not see her come out from around the building. She could still be on the same structure but on the south side. A very difficult place to see a bird at that height. Just can’t get an angle on that area from Street level.

At the close of today’s watch around 9 :15p.m. Bruce and I had no further sightings of adults or juveniles.

I’m sure they’ll poke their heads up in the morning.

Oh little one, I am so sorry Sad

Fly free beyond anything that can hurt you
\\

Such a brief life!
 Cry RIP and fly free, little Cosmo.   
So Sad.
Kris G.
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 166

View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: 14-Jun-12, 11:07:47 PM »

Fly high and free, little one.  crying

Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: 14-Jun-12, 11:08:11 PM »

Oh NO, how awful!! Just when you think all is good, a life has been taken.  So sorry.  heart

Annette
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 147

View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: 15-Jun-12, 12:56:48 AM »

Poor Cosmo!  crying

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: 15-Jun-12, 02:02:40 AM »

crying heart

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
carla
Tiercel

Like Count: 78

View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: 15-Jun-12, 04:59:25 AM »

Fly Free Cosmo  star star star
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 102 [103] 104 105 106 107 ... 217   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: