THE FORUM

19-Apr-24, 08:12:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watcher's Pets  (Read 157454 times)
mrs3popeye
Pipping

Like Count: 5

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 18-Aug-09, 09:24:06 AM »

I named her Lucky because I thought she was a lucky kitty because I found her....yes there was only one......I fed her like this for about 3 weeks until another mommy cat delivered her 3 babies. Then She new mommy adopted Lucky...actually she adopted Lucky the night she gave birth. What a sweetie the new mom was too.  Lucky wasn't so Lucky after all.........she got sick when she was about 1 year old and I had to have her put down.....oh what a heartbreak.!! crying  It was months before I could look at her pictures......i still cry sometimes when I think about her (like now) ....She was cremated and now she is right here by my computer......her favorite place to sleep, except for my lap of course. She will forever have a very special place in my heart!!    Such a beautiful sweetheart! 

This is "Lucky", I found her under my dresser after her mother passed away mysteriously. She was just a few days old in this pic. I had to buy special formula at the vets'....I loved feeding her like this. She was sooo sweet!

Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 18-Aug-09, 09:47:18 AM »

I'm so sorry Lucky didn't lead a long life.  But I'm very happy that she was so well loved during that time, and will always have a special place in your heart.   heart

Dot in PA
valhalla
« Reply #122 on: 18-Aug-09, 01:22:11 PM »

Love your Chessie Cat!!! cat
Caitie
Fledgling

Like Count: 19

Iamnotaddicted

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 18-Aug-09, 10:46:19 PM »

Lucky is a sweet little angel kitty so sorry she passed so soon.  kittykiss
Patti from Kentucky
Tiercel

Like Count: 58

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 18-Aug-09, 11:32:38 PM »

I've attached photos of my big boys:
Oscar (buff-colored)
Simon (slate-colored).

Simon loves to ride around on our shoulders, and Oscar loves to snooze in the window, so these are very representative photos.
mrs3popeye
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: 19-Aug-09, 10:45:33 PM »

Oscar (buff-colored)
Simon (slate-colored).

Simon loves to ride around on our shoulders, and Oscar loves to snooze in the window, so these are very representative photos.

Patti, Oscae and Simon are very handsome 'big boys'.

Doris in Arkport, NY
Caitie
Fledgling

Like Count: 19

Iamnotaddicted

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 20-Aug-09, 09:46:45 PM »

Oscar (buff-colored)
Simon (slate-colored).

Very handsome kitties  eyecat The other day while traveling in my car hubby spoted a cat riding on his owners shoulders as he peddled his bike. It was a wild site but maybe Simon would like that too. He was curled around his neck just like your picture but the cat was pure white.
anneintoronto
« Reply #127 on: 23-Aug-09, 04:08:27 AM »

Although I've posted these photos of my pets before, these are in a better size range, so that you don't end up with a huge, fuzzy photo, when you open each one!  The 3-toed box turtle is +35 year old Eric and the black cat is 17-year old Spot.  This time I've also included my not-pets, but balcony friends, two variegated pigeon squabs.  They are about a third of the size of a regular pigeon, but will soon be full-sized and flying away. Sad Already they can fly from the balcony floor to the railing and are quite excited about it!  How can I tell?  Their little chests are puffing away and they are vibrating all over! happy I hope you enjoy these photos more, now that they are each a more viewable size!

Anne C. (Toronto, ON Canada)
valhalla
« Reply #128 on: 23-Aug-09, 05:44:46 AM »

Anne - I like your little balcony buddies!  humming bird Glad to hear that you and your friends are ok.     eyecat (love the EyeCat)
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 23-Aug-09, 08:31:49 AM »

Yes, Anne, the pix are a lot easier to see now. I'm curious about Eric. Where did you find him, and where does he live? When I was just married we had a red-eared turtle named Touche that lived in our aquarium.  We had him 9 years, from a baby sold in the 5 & 10 store  nono to a handsome 8"-long guy. He was a surprisingly good pet, always climbing up on his rock island to greet us whenever we walked into the room and asking little more than a couple of his favorite fish (gourami) to chase down for dinner.

Dot in PA
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 23-Aug-09, 11:20:59 AM »

This time I've also included my not-pets, but balcony friends, two variegated pigeon squabs.  They are about a third of the size of a regular pigeon, but will soon be full-sized and flying away. Sad Already they can fly from the balcony floor to the railing and are quite excited about it!  How can I tell?  Their little chests are puffing away and they are vibrating all over! happy I hope you enjoy these photos more, now that they are each a more viewable

Thanks Anne, your babies are cute. Nice markings.

Donna

mrs3popeye
Pipping

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 26-Aug-09, 10:38:27 PM »

Although I've posted these photos of my pets before, these are in a better size range, so that you don't end up with a huge, fuzzy photo, when you open each one!  The 3-toed box turtle is +35 year old Eric and the black cat is 17-year old Spot.  This time I've also included my not-pets, but balcony friends, two variegated pigeon squabs.  They are about a third of the size of a regular pigeon, but will soon be full-sized and flying away. Sad Already they can fly from the balcony floor to the railing and are quite excited about it!  How can I tell?  Their little chests are puffing away and they are vibrating all over! happy I hope you enjoy these photos more, now that they are each a more viewable size!

Hi Anne, I love your Spot kitty. I had an all black kitty named Mindy. I adopted her when she was 1 year old. She was 19 when she passed. And your box turtle, +35 yrs. old. WOW! Is that normal for box turtles?? The pigeons are so cute. They must be a joy to watch grow up.
Doris
Judi
Juvie

Like Count: 43

African Fish Eagle

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 27-Aug-09, 12:09:10 AM »

And your box turtle, +35 yrs. old. WOW! Is that normal for box turtles??

Doris

Box turtles' average life span can be around 40 years although some species (there's 4 different species of box turtle) can live to over 100 years old! surprise

Life's a dance, you learn as you go...sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow...
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 28-Aug-09, 07:01:58 AM »

Although I've posted these photos of my pets before, these are in a better size range, so that you don't end up with a huge, fuzzy photo, when you open each one!  ...................hope you enjoy these photos more, now that they are each a more viewable size!

Hi Anne, the pictures are great, how  do you sent them? The pets are great too. The pigeons are fluffy!
I like the turtle, we had one for 40 years at my parents house, he lived in the garden. During the winter we put lots of leaves and other things in his little wooden house, to keep him warm during his hibernation. He digs himself into the ground. One year we digged him out during a very cold winter, probably 1963?  When my parents moved to a flat, I took him, but my garden is very open and cold and he was sick all the time. At least we took him to the reptile zoo. They were very happy with him and said: wow thats a great female Moorish turtle, we like to have her, she can lay eggs!   
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 28-Aug-09, 07:34:18 AM »

Hi Anne, the pictures are great, how  do you sent them? The pets are great too. The pigeons are fluffy!
I like the turtle, we had one for 40 years at my parents house, he lived in the garden. During the winter we put lots of leaves and other things in his little wooden house, to keep him warm during his hibernation. He digs himself into the ground. One year we digged him out during a very cold winter, probably 1963?  When my parents moved to a flat, I took him, but my garden is very open and cold and he was sick all the time. At least we took him to the reptile zoo. They were very happy with him and said: wow thats a great female Moorish turtle, we like to have her, she can lay eggs!   
greetings Aafke

Great story Aafke....wow....40 yrs??? Nice you took HER with you when you moved. good news

thanx  Donna

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: