THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 07:50:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Falcon Watcher's Pets  (Read 156118 times)
Aafke
Falcon

Like Count: 715

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 28-Aug-09, 04:49:56 PM »

Here is a picture of Malou, our boxer. She is all naturel,  no cutting ears or tail!
It's a  picture from the first day she came at our home.
At the moment she is almost 6 years and a fantastic dog, very nice and friendly.
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
Aafke
Falcon

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 28-Aug-09, 05:03:01 PM »

And this is Malou now.
I couldn't send the pictures at the same post.
  dogwag greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
pdk
Fluffball

Like Count: 11

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 28-Aug-09, 06:44:51 PM »

Malou is a grand looking dog!  My neighbor has a pure-bred male boxer that looks so much like Malou.  The exception is that Gator's tail and ears have been docked.  From the size of her feet in the puppy photo, I bet you knew she would be very large!

Patricia
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 28-Aug-09, 06:48:04 PM »

And this is Malou now.
I couldn't send the pictures at the same post.
  dogwag greetings Aafke

She's a beautiful Boxer Aafke. I have never seen one uncropped. Nice.

Donna

Dawn
Eyas

Like Count: 63

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 29-Aug-09, 12:36:28 AM »

Boxers have the SWEETEST faces!   2thumbsup  star star star

"Those who believe a dog has no soul, have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd."

Aafke
Falcon

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 29-Aug-09, 03:36:18 PM »

She's a beautiful Boxer Aafke. I have never seen one uncropped. Nice.

Donna
[/quote]

Are you  kidding me?
Is it still legal to cut ears and tails?
 dogwag  Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
valhalla
« Reply #141 on: 30-Aug-09, 06:25:05 AM »

She is beautiful!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 214

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 04-Sep-09, 11:15:45 PM »

This is my Mariah, a 3 1/2 year old chocolate shar pei.  I got her when she was 9 months old and she came with her name!!  How perfect! 

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"

Anatole France
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 04-Sep-09, 11:17:46 PM »

And this is Bentley, aka Mr. B, who turned 3 today.  I got him as a baby and he is a blue shar pei.  I didn't name him either but because I have a Mariah, his middle name is Skye!

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 05-Sep-09, 06:14:18 AM »

This is my Mariah, a 3 1/2 year old chocolate shar pei.  I got her when she was 9 months old and she came with her name!!  How perfect! 

How perfect indeed. Why didn't you tell us before? It's very interesting that you have an already named dog "MARIAH"? She's beautiful and so is Mr B. Shar Pei's are so cool, Love the wrinkles.   dogwagthanx jeanne

Aafke
Falcon

Kingfisher

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 05-Sep-09, 03:46:13 PM »

And this is Bentley, aka Mr. B, who turned 3 today.  I got him as a baby and he is a blue shar pei.  I didn't name him either but because I have a Mariah, his middle name is Skye!

Hi Jeanne
Mariah and Bentley are both great dogs. dogwag dogwag
greetings Aafke

Feed the birds!!!!
jeanne
I'm Not Addicted

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 05-Sep-09, 06:25:36 PM »

It's funny... I saw a picture of Mariah as a puppy.  When I saw her name, I thought "what are the chances that a dog would have that special name.  I was debating whether I should get her as a companion for my 12 year old shar pei Harley.  I thought it might be disruptive to him so I didn't.  He died later that year and Mariah was returned to the breeder because the family was allergic to her fur.  So I got the call and visited her.  Her and Bentley's breeders  (they know each other )felt the two of them would get along and they were right. 

Bentley's breeder used to follow the falcon cam, not sure if she still does.

Wild coincidences! dogwag

Anatole France
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 05-Sep-09, 06:38:29 PM »

It's funny... I saw a picture of Mariah as a puppy.  When I saw her name, I thought "what are the chances that a dog would have that special name.  I was debating whether I should get her as a companion for my 12 year old shar pei Harley.  I thought it might be disruptive to him so I didn't.  He died later that year and Mariah was returned to the breeder because the family was allergic to her fur.  So I got the call and visited her.  Her and Bentley's breeders  (they know each other )felt the two of them would get along and they were right. 

Bentley's breeder used to follow the falcon cam, not sure if she still does.

Wild coincidences! dogwag
Mariah was meant to be with you...Mr B also. Nice story....happy ending. bguitar mbanana

anneintoronto
« Reply #148 on: 07-Sep-09, 09:42:12 PM »

Yes, Anne, the pix are a lot easier to see now. I'm curious about Eric. Where did you find him, and where does he live? When I was just married we had a red-eared turtle named Touche that lived in our aquarium.  We had him 9 years, from a baby sold in the 5 & 10 store  nono to a handsome 8"-long guy. He was a surprisingly good pet, always climbing up on his rock island to greet us whenever we walked into the room and asking little more than a couple of his favorite fish (gourami) to chase down for dinner.

Dot in PA

Sorry that my response to your question is so slow, Dot!  We also had little red-eared slider turtles when we were kids -- you'd buy them at the local Woolworth's and keep them in a round bowl, that had a ramp up to a plastic palm tree...  I'm glad that they aren't available like that today, as I'm sure most of them were forgotten, not fed properly and got soft shell... crying My brother was very interested in biology (later got his PhD in Biology!) and made sure ours were always treated properly.
As far as our box turtle -- he was a rescue.  The fellow at the petstore knew us well, as we'd bought other reptiles and hung around the place.  One of the reasons we settled in the Cabbagetown area of Toronto, was the pet store, which caters to reptiles.  Anyway, Eric was a great deal smaller and the interest in him had passed, so the mother brought him back to the petstore.  The owner called us and the rest is history!  I'm glad that there are more laws in place these days, to keep reptiles where they belong -- out in their own region and living free.
Eric has a good sized wooden terrarium, with his own pond, hollow log, an eating dish and a sliding glass door that he can push open and stick his head out (but not get out!).  The ground is rounded, medium-sized pebbles -- he can walk on them, dig in them -- whatever he feels like.  He also has a big tub that he swims in on warm day, out on the balcony!  Eris also walks around on my desk, getting into mischief and looking over the edge.  I don't know how or why, but he knows not to walk off the edge of the desk. Shocked  Not that I leave him alone!  But it is kind of neat!  happy
I'm attaching a few more photos of Eric, in his habitate.  It's not huge, but he climbs and digs and pushes his log home around to suit his mood!  I've also put on one more photo of my balcony "friends".  The pigeon fledgling, coming in for a nice landing, is one of the little ones you saw in the last photo I submitted and the other fledgling is the one closest to the balcony railing corner.  They sure do grow up fast!

Best Wishes,
Anne C. (Toronto, ON  Canada)
valhalla
« Reply #149 on: 08-Sep-09, 06:17:14 AM »

Better not show Eric to Rich - he'll want his own!   happy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: