THE FORUM

27-Apr-24, 01:19:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still working on University of Toledo fal-cam  (Read 2547 times)
Cynthia
Small Clutch

Like Count: 4

View Profile
« on: 23-Jul-12, 09:46:11 AM »

We're optimistic that UT will help with funding, and in the meantime, a number of supporters have created a Facebook page - if you're on FB, you might search for Peregrine Project and give us a LIKE. Thanks much!
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 28-Mar-13, 10:53:12 PM »

http://youtu.be/dui1lOeKbb4  These 2 were not putting up with the researchers near their babies! You can hear the hits!

There was another video put out last year also.

20 hrs ago
The University of Toledo in Ohio keeps a peregrine falcon nesting box on the top of the university clock tower. Every year, the state Department of Natural Resources' Division of Wildlife temporarily removes the falcon's chicks from the box to take blood samples and attach bands to their legs for tracking. However, the grown-up falcons are not thrilled about this, and dive-bomb the researchers the entire time, like in this video from the 2012 banding. Peregrine falcons can achieve top diving speeds of up to 200 mph, and even though these falcons probably aren't going that fast, they're traveling fast enough to make all their sharp bits pretty dangerous. Hence the researchers' wooden shields. Is there a falcon whisperer of some sort the university can contact for this year?

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-Mar-13, 11:34:12 PM »

scared blue

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: