THE FORUM

28-Mar-24, 09:01:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Syracuse Falcons  (Read 140236 times)
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 486

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: 27-Jul-16, 12:06:41 PM »

I haven't posted any Pigott updates in a bit.  Both this past weekend and the weekend before Don and I were downtown Syracuse looking for the family.  We found Pigott and George hanging out at the Harrison Tower, the first weekend.  This past weekend Pigoot was sleeping at Harrison, while George was on the Hill's Building watching Chayton who was on City Hall.

We were entertained by Chayton both weekends, but did not see Cholena either weekend.  A week ago Chayton went into a stoop after a pigeon who was only a few feet away from us...yikes!!!  It was the closest I had been to a falcon in the wild!!  It happened so fast and was so close that Don could not get a pic...lol!  Chayton also chased a gull by the OnCenter parking lot.  Don promises to download his pics once he gets back into town, and when he does I'll post them on the FB page.

BTW, for those not in town, the State Tower is now engulfed in scaffolding.  I trust Pigott will figure something out, though.

Suzanne

Thanks for the update Suzanne! Miss Pigott will definitely figure it out-she's a smart survivor!!!  wave

I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.
-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

Like Count: 41

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 27-Jul-16, 04:57:47 PM »

I haven't posted any Pigott updates in a bit.  Both this past weekend and the weekend before Don and I were downtown Syracuse looking for the family.  We found Pigott and George hanging out at the Harrison Tower, the first weekend.  This past weekend Pigoot was sleeping at Harrison, while George was on the Hill's Building watching Chayton who was on City Hall.

We were entertained by Chayton both weekends, but did not see Cholena either weekend.  A week ago Chayton went into a stoop after a pigeon who was only a few feet away from us...yikes!!!  It was the closest I had been to a falcon in the wild!!  It happened so fast and was so close that Don could not get a pic...lol!  Chayton also chased a gull by the OnCenter parking lot.  Don promises to download his pics once he gets back into town, and when he does I'll post them on the FB page.

BTW, for those not in town, the State Tower is now engulfed in scaffolding.  I trust Pigott will figure something out, though.

Suzanne

Thank you so much for the update on the Syracuse peregrines. I have really missed seeing them on cam this year. Happy to know they raised two chicks; I hope Chayton will continue to fly safely and that Cholena is okay and was just not in view when you were there.

Nothing ever seems to be easy for Pigott. I hope things will work out well for her and George and their nest site.
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 27-Jul-16, 09:10:12 PM »

Thanks so much for the update Suzanne!  wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
huddiecat
Juvie

Like Count: 44

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 01-Aug-16, 03:11:35 PM »

Sunday morning Don and I went downtown to check for Pigott, George, and hopefully the juvies.  When we arrived both Pigott and George were sleeping on separate balconies at Harrison House, but no sign of the juvies there.  Last year while walking around the Downtown Art and Craft Fair, two juvies chased a pigeon overhead!  I guess I was hoping for the same excitement this year as I looked for unique gifts.  While purchasing a bird print we heard kakking overhead!  It was an adult chasing after a mid-day pigeon snack.  We checked all the usual and not usual spots, but no juvie sightings. It's always a bitter sweet feeling when I realize that the little fluffy juvies have grown up and are now on their own.  Maybe they just made a day-trip to the lake  wave

Suzanne in Ithaca   
Carol P.
Global Moderator
Never Leaves 'Puter

Like Count: 1003

Fly Baby Fly!

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 01-Aug-16, 04:16:18 PM »

Thanks Suzanne!  wave

Peregrines know no borders.....
Dot_Forrester
Tiercel

Like Count: 50

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 01-Aug-16, 04:35:05 PM »

thanx so much for the updates, Suzanne.  We haven't lived there in 15 years, but I still enjoy reading the latest news of the current pair, especially Pigott.

Dot in PA
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

Like Count: 1650

<3 FLY FREE "CHARLOTTE" <3

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 01-Aug-16, 07:34:11 PM »

Thanks Suzanne and Don!! Seems Pigott & George are content, considering there is scaffolding around their nest site!!  wub2

MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 01-Aug-16, 07:59:52 PM »

Thanks a bunch Suzanne!  wave

-John Burroughs
AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 03-Aug-16, 10:16:09 AM »

Many thanks for the update, Suzanne! It is always good to hear news of Pigott and George.
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 22-Nov-16, 05:13:49 PM »

Posted on FB!!  scared blue

John Anthony DeNicola‎
to
 Syracuse Peregrine Falcons
2 hrs ยท Syracuse, NY ยท

Just sent to me from Tom Durr:

"November 22, 1:45pm: adult red tail went screaming over the Dome just now, locked in battle with a peregrine falcon! Much war crying. They flew over toward the ESF quad."

Tom and I have been going back and forth reporting in what we are seeing (I also follow and contribute to the SU HAWK site). Apparently the Falcons have been squabbling with the hawks over at Syracuse University a lot over the past couple of weeks...

---- I have seen them here in Hanover Sq. almost every day. The question remains if there were any "casualties" from today's feud. I'll be keeping an eye from this side of Route 81. I encourage anyone else to do the same)

AlisonL
Falcon

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 22-Nov-16, 05:30:26 PM »

Thank you for the update, Donna! I hope everyone is okay after that confrontation.
MAK
Glued to Keyboard

Nature Rules!

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 22-Nov-16, 07:46:36 PM »

Hopefully, just a few feathers flying and no injuries!

-John Burroughs
patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 23-Nov-16, 08:15:01 AM »

Pigott's tough.  If she was in a battle, she may have a few less feathers, but she'll be okay.  She's experienced. 

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Donna
I'm Falcon Crazy

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 23-Nov-16, 08:40:33 AM »

She's fine! This is from 7:30 am today!! By Tom Durr

George was seen also!!   clap

FB

patsy6
I'm Not Addicted

Like Count: 52

Dot.ca and a 2015 eyas

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 23-Nov-16, 08:43:42 AM »

good news yes

Hey farmer, farmer, put away that DDT now. Give me spots on my apples, but leave me the birds and the bees, please! - Joni Mitchell
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: