THE FORUM

19-Sep-24, 10:52:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Note: The views expressed on this page are not necessarily those of GVAS or Rfalconcam.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinion needed  (Read 3853 times)
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« on: 23-Jun-10, 09:38:10 PM »

I'm filling in some details on this year's event chart but with the new setup I'm not quite sure what to call "branching".  It used to be when they made it to the ledge from the perch.  So this year, what do you think...rooftop?  Side wall of the well?  Other spot that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
Tokira
Juvie

Like Count: 142

Kaetzchen Gabriella of Tokira

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23-Jun-10, 10:16:09 PM »

I'm filling in some details on this year's event chart but with the new setup I'm not quite sure what to call "branching".  It used to be when they made it to the ledge from the perch.  So this year, what do you think...rooftop?  Side wall of the well?  Other spot that I'm not thinking of?

Thanks!

I've had a few chuckles thinking about them "Porching"  Wink
Carol
WV
Dumpsterkitty
Glued to Keyboard

Like Count: 315

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-Jun-10, 10:30:10 PM »

Thanks!

I've had a few chuckles thinking about them "Porching"  Wink
Carol
WV

Or perhaps something more elegant...retiring to the verandah? laugh

If we forget our passion our hearts go blind                                    @MsShaftway
valhalla
« Reply #3 on: 24-Jun-10, 05:45:11 AM »

I like both ideas.  Ei, checking past events, would you consider the timing to the porch or the veranda to be closest to the old perch.  I think running around the wall is in the playpen arena.  My guess is Retiring to the Veranda is closest, but you would have the better information.
Joyce
Global Moderator
Falcon

Like Count: 283

"Cadence"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-Jun-10, 02:48:50 PM »

I always get confused with branching, ledging, etc.  I consider branching when they leave the nestbox area.  So I agree that they are branching right now along the wall and up to the roof of the nestbox.

I never know when it is time to stop calling them eyases either.  I aways think of eyases as white fluff balls, fledglings after they've flown off the nesting area, and Juvies when they are are flying well before they leave the territory.  So what are they called now when most of their dark feathers are in, but haven't flown yet?  I've started calling them youngsters, because they aren't babies/eyases anymore.
Lord G
Juvie

Like Count: 48

Peregrine Paparazzo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 24-Jun-10, 03:14:03 PM »

I never know when it is time to stop calling them eyases either.  I aways think of eyases as white fluff balls, fledglings after they've flown off the nesting area, and Juvies when they are are flying well before they leave the territory.  So what are they called now when most of their dark feathers are in, but haven't flown yet?  I've started calling them youngsters, because they aren't babies/eyases anymore.

Technically they're eyases until they fledge, after which they are, appropriately enough, fledglings.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: